Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#181 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

How to cartridge saves work? Would I be able to trade in my physical copies and continue my progress with the digital copies?

Some games save to the cards and some to the "bubble". The hope is with PS+ cloud saves coming to the Vita we will be able to back up the saves from the bubble/cart and then put them back on the Vita to play them via the digital copies. But only time will tell if that works.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#182 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Some games save to the cards and some to the "bubble". The hope is with PS+ cloud saves coming to the Vita we will be able to back up the saves from the bubble/cart and then put them back on the Vita to play them via the digital copies. But only time will tell if that works.

So should I keep the physical copies just in case? I'm just worried the TIV will drop. Gravity Rush is at $20 currently :l
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#183 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

So should I keep the physical copies just in case? I'm just worried the TIV will drop. Gravity Rush is at $20 currently :l

I am unsure where Gravity Rush saves its game. If it is in the bubble/memory card you should be fine. But if it is on the cart then trading it in will make backing up your save impossible.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#184 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

well...time to dust off the old Vita

#185 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

it will crash look at amazon went from 20.25 down to 6.75... i think best buy only updates once a week that is why its still 20 (10 + 100% more) expect it to plunge next week
WOOOO I STINK

#186 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm so glad I held out on all of those titles. Now I get to cash in. Tortoise vs. Hare all the time.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#187 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

it will crash look at amazon went from 20.25 down to 6.75... i think best buy only updates once a week that is why its still 20 (10 + 100% more) expect it to plunge next week

I think I'll go trade in all 3 tomorrow, this list on wikipedia lists wether or not the game requires a memory card: http://en.wikipedia....tion_Vita_games it looks like all 3 PS+ Vita games require the memory card (which means they probably aren't saving to the cartridge) so I'll just keep the bubbles just in case. I think I'll be okay trading them in tomorrow.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#188 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Doesn't the boxart of the game show how much memory is needed for the game? I'm assuming thats the indication of whether you need a memory card for that particular game.I'm sure Mortal Kombat saves on the cartridge since the boxart doesn't say it needs a memory card.

I'm interested in the free games but the fact that when I'm done I won't be able to delete them turns me off so I can save space unless there was an update that allows that now that I'm unaware of because I only have an 8gb card.

#189 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I think I'll go trade in all 3 tomorrow, this list on wikipedia lists wether or not the game requires a memory card: http://en.wikipedia....tion_Vita_games it looks like all 3 PS+ Vita games require the memory card (which means they probably aren't saving to the cartridge) so I'll just keep the bubbles just in case. I think I'll be okay trading them in tomorrow.

uncharted only grabs 3 (or 6) after trade in 100% its too late for uncharted and wipeout i think wipeout is 3 as well
WOOOO I STINK

#190 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

C'mon Vita price drop. I'm so tempted to get one to play these free games, but am trying to hold out for a price drop (even if it's not for a year or so).

Also really wish JSR was crossbuy/give away, but still stoked that the list is this good. When I eventually do get a Vita I'll be set for a while :D
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#191 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

uncharted only grabs 3 (or 6) after trade in 100% its too late for uncharted and wipeout i think wipeout is 3 as well

I be willing to give you guys 8 bucks for your physical copies :lol:

But seriously so glad I haven't bought these games yet :) And tactics I am especially excited since I never got a chance to buy on psp!

#192 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm interested in the free games but the fact that when I'm done I won't be able to delete them turns me off so I can save space unless there was an update that allows that now that I'm unaware of because I only have an 8gb card.

Uh....what? Hold a finger on one of the screens till the edit mode turns on. Then hit the "..." and then click delete....

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#193 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Geez.... Dumping GR asap while the value remains high. $20 at BB (after bonus), anyone know the TiV at Gamestop?

I'm also incredibly happy about JSR and FF:WotL... JSR was a day one buy for me and I've been desperately waiting for it to actually be released on the Vita (nearly bought it a few times on XBL and PSN) and I can't tell you how many times I nearly bought FF.

Kudos Sony, You've really impressed me. I have + until August of next year thanks to the IGN promo and I think I will be more than happy to resub at full price when the time comes.

Edit: Don't suppose anyone has seen some deals for 32GB cards for BF?
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#194 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Awesome! I've been trying to find a cheap copy of Gravity Rush for a while now. :D

ach.png

#195 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

What's the best deal for a vita on black Friday? I'm thinking the cod:bo2 bundle at best buy?

#196 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Thanks, that's what I'll do now.

UGHHH No that information was incorrect, it'll stay on your drive/system but you won't be able to play it if your sub has lapsed. Richard Kain, please edit your post so there isn't more confusion.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#197 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

UGHHH No that information was incorrect, it'll stay on your drive/system but you won't be able to play it if your sub has lapsed. Richard Kain, please edit your post so there isn't more confusion.

GordoJones is one of the biggest trolls on this site, especially about Sony stuff. You'll do best to just ignore him. He just pulled that post and replied to it to draw a reaction.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#198 SALvation

SALvation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

It looks like the Black Ops Vita game is crap so what's the next best deal for a Vita bundle? I'm definitely in with this announcement.

#199 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Thanks, that's what I'll do now.

:bs:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#200 htz

htz

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Sony is going to make so much money off the memory cards from people wanting to download the PS Vita Plus games. :D

#201 Ballery5

Ballery5

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I am glad i never could get 3 games i wanted when that 3 for 40 sale at walmart was running...now i can get them with ps+

#202 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

It looks like the Black Ops Vita game is crap so what's the next best deal for a Vita bundle? I'm definitely in with this announcement.

http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=vita
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#203 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

thank you for the wonderful wonderful news. guess I need to sell uncharted. been wanting gravity rush................I have to wait til next week. Fuck. O well this right here is the reason i got a vita. just surprised it took so long.

#204 driver01z

driver01z

so i can type anythi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Holy cow. Wasn't expecting that many freebies. Nice job Sony :D

Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.

False.

#205 driver01z

driver01z

so i can type anythi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

oh and I hate the new PS Store. Its slow. wtf would they make it slower...

#206 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked...

Will I be able to claim the free Vita downloads from my PS3 if I don't have a Vita yet?

#207 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=vita

Call of duty bundle is the better deal since it's going to be 199.99. Haven't seen the Assassins creed bundle on sale anywhere.

#208 mfdoom

mfdoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

wow sony stepped up. there are tons of games to play now. super stoked on gravity rush the only game i got is uncharted so this is mega awesome. Also the great tunes of jetset radio.

#209 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked...

Will I be able to claim the free Vita downloads from my PS3 if I don't have a Vita yet?

yes indeed.

TheFurryPanda.png

#210 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Seriously considering a Vita for Christmas! :)