Photo
- - - - -

Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#211 cagonzall

cagonzall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Just traded in Gravity Rush and Uncharted at gamestop. They're going for 11 and 10 respectively. After the 10% PowerUp and 10$ bonus for trading in 3 games, I got 29.76$ for them.

#212 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Time to trade in GR to BB and get a bigger card.....damn them anyway.

#213 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Call of duty bundle is the better deal since it's going to be 199.99. Haven't seen the Assassins creed bundle on sale anywhere.

In my opinion, the white vita look slick. Maybe I just have a soft spot for white Sony gadget! :D

I think a while back there was a pre-order bonus for $15 off any $49.99+ (NewEgg) and with a gift card that I had, it knocked the price down to $179.99. I was pretty happy :applause:

#214 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

In my opinion, the white vita look slick. Maybe I just have a soft spot for white Sony gadget! :D

I think a while back there was a pre-order bonus for $15 off any $49.99+ (NewEgg) and with a gift card that I had, it knocked the price down to $179.99. I was pretty happy :applause:

I ordered the white AC bundle from Amazon today. The BO bundle will be cheaper and you can just sell the game if you don't want it, but I didn't want to mess with Black Friday crowds and I too think the white looks pretty sweet. And I had lots of credit from Best Buy that I converted to Amazon credit, and since I don't get taxed by Amazon here, I felt like it was worth it to just order now.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#215 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

I ordered the white AC bundle from Amazon today. The BO bundle will be cheaper and you can just sell the game if you don't want it, but I didn't want to mess with Black Friday crowds and I too think the white looks pretty sweet. And I had lots of credit from Best Buy that I converted to Amazon credit, and since I don't get taxed by Amazon here, I felt like it was worth it to just order now.

Congrats Tyler on getting a Vita especially the AC bundle. The white Vita looks pretty slick. I think a game everybody was hoping for to be free was Escape Plan since we got the cheap DLC.

P.S.

Everybody in this thread DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. You know who they are!

#216 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I wonder if I can get BB to price match amazon for the 16gb vita card...guess it's worth a shot. Getting $21 for gravity rush will make it an easy purchase too.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#217 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

the white vita looks really nice. i personally like it better than my black one

#218 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I wonder if I can get BB to price match amazon for the 16gb vita card...guess it's worth a shot. Getting $21 for gravity rush will make it an easy purchase too.

How is it a $21 trade in? Isn't it $10 x 2 = $20?

#219 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Congrats Tyler on getting a Vita especially the AC bundle. The white Vita looks pretty slick. I think a game everybody was hoping for to be free was Escape Plan since we got the cheap DLC.

P.S.

Everybody in this thread DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. You know who they are!

Thank you, I can't wait to get it!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#220 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

10% GCU bonus.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#221 cagonzall

cagonzall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

He probably has their rewards program which gets you an extra 10% on the 10$ base value, so an extra 1$. ;)

#222 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Lets go third-party memory cards!

Posted Image

#223 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Posted Image

:applause::rofl: Too good
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#224 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Wow, that is an impressive start, especially with Jet Set Radio included. Good to know that if I end up buying a Vita in a year or two, I'll have a few dozen free games (by that time) coming with it.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#225 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Don't have a Vita, but I'm going to "download" these just in case I decide to get one later.

#226 autobot

autobot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

How do you convert bestbuy credits to amazom?

#227 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

How do you convert bestbuy credits to amazom?

Kindle gift cards

#228 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

yes indeed.

Excellent!

#229 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

I really like what Sony is doing. I wish they would do more PR in an attempt to push more units. But you'd still have the idiots who believe the Vita "has no gamez" or complain about the proprietary memory cards. It's only a matter of time though until rocketfish or someone else makes a 3rd party memory card.

Rocketfish? They don't even make SD cards for all I know. If it's going to be anybody who will probably have third party Vita cards first if it happens, it's SanDisk.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#230 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Rocketfish? They don't even make SD cards. If it's going to be anybody who will probably have third party Vita cards first if it happens, it's SanDisk.

Were there ever third party memory sticks? I don't remember if there were or not.

#231 io

io

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Oh, man, that is a nice selection. I'm so glad I got in on that $171 Vita bundle from Target (when they had the 3G/Wifi + 8GB card bundle for $180 minus redcard savings). I guess I'll finally crack that thing open. Problem is, I thought the 8GB card it came with would be plenty (since I wasn't planning on buying much of anything for download). But this changes things a bit ;).

#232 MakenX

MakenX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Were there ever third party memory sticks? I don't remember if there were or not.

The Memory Stick (proprietary Sony format) was a joint Sony/SanDisk/Lexar project. They were the only companies to manufacture retail versions, IIRC. SanDisk was the cheapest, so I think most people with a Sony camera/PSP had a Sandisk branded MS.

You'd think Sony would have learned their lesson over all these years pushing proprietary formats on consumers, only for it to not be adopted and die out.

That having been said, if the Vita lives long enough (is it the only thing that uses these cards?) the price of the memory will go down as they refine the manufacturing process over time. I think it's worthwhile to spend the $80~$100 for a bigger memory card if you're going to take advantage of PS+, but I wouldn't count on 3rd party versions.

#233 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

He probably has their rewards program which gets you an extra 10% on the 10$ base value, so an extra 1$. ;)

Yes I have GCU so I got $21 for Gravity Rush. Also BB price matched Amazon @$46.62 for me so after tax and my GC I got from Gravity Rush only $30 cash for a 16gb card. Gotta love PS+

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#234 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

I thought Jet Set Radio was for PS3? Is this a Vita only edition? I know the game is on 360 as well.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#235 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

I thought Jet Set Radio was for PS3? Is this a Vita only edition? I know the game is on 360 as well.

The Vita version includes some touch screen enhancements, it was originally set to release alongside the other two versions but it was delayed. Now we know why. :D
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#236 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

I too would take Uncharted GA off someones hands. Thinking about that Black Ops bundle during Black Friday and want UC.

Really liking PS+. Might have to stock another year with the COD @Gamer mag

#237 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Decided to sell my physical copy of Uncharted: GA on Amazon. After shipping and Amazon's commission, I was able to get $17 for it. I own Gravity Rush digitally, so can't resell that one.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#238 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

It's only a matter of time though until rocketfish or someone else makes a 3rd party memory card.

That's not how proprietary memory works. Sony would have to license the tech to Rocketfish in order to let them make the cards.

and yes, sandisk and lexar had licenses to make PSP memory, which is why there were 3rd party cards for the PSP.

Memory cards are basically the only way Sony is making any money on the Vita currently, they aren't going to license out the mem cards.

#239 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

That's not how proprietary memory works. Sony would have to license the tech to Rocketfish in order to let them make the cards.

and yes, sandisk and lexar had licenses to make PSP memory, which is why there were 3rd party cards for the PSP.

Memory cards are basically the only way Sony is making any money on the Vita currently, they aren't going to license out the mem cards.

While true, it sure doesn't stop hongkong generics from appearing somewhere down the road once (if) they figure it out. Maybe thats what he meant.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#240 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

this was a brilliant marketing move for Sony...

Give away these awesome titles and you get to entice people to buy 3 things at once: ps vita, memory card, and ps+ membership.

lol, and all right before the busiest shopping week of the year.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?