Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#241 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

this was a brilliant marketing move for Sony...

Give away these awesome titles and you get to entice people to buy 3 things at once: ps vita, memory card, and ps+ membership.

lol, and all right before the busiest shopping week of the year.

Like me, in for the white ACIII bundle( hoping someone sells this for $199 on BF) , 32gig card and PS+.

Well played Sony, well played....

#242 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Looks like I'll be adding a year of PS+ to my Christmas list :)

#243 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well, thanks to the 90 day return policy from Walmart when I bought the 3 games for $40, I can take those back now, since two of them were Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I'll just pick up Hot Shots on the cheap and get that $40 back.

#244 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Memory cards are not the only way Sony is making money but is the way they're trying to prevent psp level piracy. They also have said after launch that we will soon see Sandisk and the like making vita cards.

how else are they making money on vita then? Maybe other accessories, but those aren't required to actually use the system. The system itself is sold at a loss. The memory cards are a jillion percent profit. It's their main source of profit for the system. Sandisk won't be making cards any time soon.

#245 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thanks Nerd Nostradamus for the Sandisk glimpse into the future. No one said they were making money on anything, take a look at quarterly reports of losses. They do make money on the sale of the system. Here's some math:
If a vita costs $300 to make and they sell one for $249, they made $249 of $300 on that sale.

Not a profit but they aren't reporting profits. Just large losses.

calling me a nerd, then citing Sony quarterly reports for the Vita, really? :lol:

and why the hell would we be talking about the cost of the system. no shit they get money for the system. That's understood.

"Making money" = profit, which is pretty much an understood phrase by anyone who knows English. Memory cards = profit. That was the conversation that was happening. Reading comprehension is good. Jumping in with condescension when you have no clue what's going on is bad.

#246 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Yes I have GCU so I got $21 for Gravity Rush. Also BB price matched Amazon @$46.62 for me so after tax and my GC I got from Gravity Rush only $30 cash for a 16gb card. Gotta love PS+

Ah, I have GCU, didn't realize I got a trade in bonus. I'll trade in Gravity Rush today! Never traded in at Best Buy before, you just go to customer service?

#247 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

How much memory/MB does Uncharted:GA & Gravity Rush take?
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#248 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Ah, I have GCU, didn't realize I got a trade in bonus. I'll trade in Gravity Rush today! Never traded in at Best Buy before, you just go to customer service?

I just go to the gaming department desk
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#249 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Oh, man, that is a nice selection. I'm so glad I got in on that $171 Vita bundle from Target (when they had the 3G/Wifi + 8GB card bundle for $180 minus redcard savings). I guess I'll finally crack that thing open. Problem is, I thought the 8GB card it came with would be plenty (since I wasn't planning on buying much of anything for download). But this changes things a bit ;).

I got one during that deal as well and have been loving it, but this deal makes it a must own. I did buy Tales from Space already and loved that game, but glad I get the other 5 for free. I also thought I could manage with the 8GB stick, but I guess a 32GB stick is in my future. Even that isn't going to be enough though.
Posted Image

#250 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I was leaning towards getting a tablet over getting a vita. This is making the decision harder.

#251 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Wow. I may actually have to pick up a Vita now. Just waiting for Newegg to have a $199 Vita bundle (no tax/ free shipping). It's gotta happen.

#252 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

^^ I really hope that's the case. Will jump on that so fast.
Posted Image

#253 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Welcome to the PS Vita family! :bouncy:
Make sure you get a big memory card for all those games! xD

Sony is pretty smart! Throwing out top games for PS +. But in turn, they get people to purchase the vita, their memory card, and PS + 8-)

Haha well played! :applause:

#254 breakingadam

breakingadam

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

^^ I really hope that's the case. Will jump on that so fast.

They have 3 bundles for sale right now (AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified, & Madden) at $249.99 each. I'm thinking black Friday they will hopefully try to compete with the big box stores and drop one of them to $199.99. That would save me $20 in tax and save me from the chaos that is Black Friday shopping. You can do it, NEWEGG! :applause:

#255 reynold4490

reynold4490

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

THIS: Posted Image :applause:

Dungeon Defenders? Great!

#256 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

for anyone who needs to buy a bigger memory card. Amazon has some 32 gig cards sold by a 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon for $79.00. I think regular they run around $100.00 normally. As of about 1 hour ago when I purchased one, there were 15 more available.

http://www.amazon.co...ita memory card

#257 harrahs80

harrahs80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

sorry if this was already talked about iam at work and don't have time to browse through every page how big are the vita game files i have an 8 gb memory and already have plus do i need to upgrade or is 8gb fine ? i guess you could always save the games to the 8gb card then just swap with another card ?

#258 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

sorry if this was already talked about iam at work and don't have time to browse through every page how big are the vita game files i have an 8 gb memory and already have plus do i need to upgrade or is 8gb fine ? i guess you could always save the games to the 8gb card then just swap with another card ?

You''ll barely get by with a 8GB. You can, but I recommend at least a 16GB. You will be out of room once you download the plus games.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#259 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

uhh can you download these games somehow without actually owning a Vita yet like make a marker on your PS+ account I am hoping to get a Vita for Christmas

#260 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Honestly speaking, most people are going to tell you 16 minimal, but this comes down to what you're looking for. if you want like 9+ games on your Vita, then you're going to want 16+. If you're okay with 2 or 3 at a time, 8 is plenty.

Uncharted + Gravity Daze is only about 4 gb, so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. Naturally every game will be different (Blazblue was like 4.3 or something like that...), but most of the Vita games I downloaded (most of my collection) were around a gig.

You''ll barely get by with a 8GB. You can, but I recommend at least a 16GB. You will be out of room once you download the plus games.

Depends the person, there are plenty of small Vita games that don't require a lot of space.

uhh can you download these games somehow without actually owning a Vita yet like make a marker on your PS+ account I am hoping to get a Vita for Christmas

Of Course!

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#261 harrahs80

harrahs80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

thanks for the heads up the only game i really want is uncharted so i'll be good to go :)

#262 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I got a 16GB card and now i'm wishing i grabbed 32. Even though my 16 isn't exactly full it's just the thought that i can carry more games around. :D

#263 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Yes. That's what I'm planning on doing next week

They have 3 bundles for sale right now (AC3 Liberation, Black Ops Declassified, & Madden) at $249.99 each. I'm thinking black Friday they will hopefully try to compete with the big box stores and drop one of them to $199.99. That would save me $20 in tax and save me from the chaos that is Black Friday shopping. You can do it, NEWEGG! :applause:

That'd be a no-brainer for them. Hopefully, they can throw in a bonus like Toys R Us is doing with that 10-in-1 starter pack (really want a screen protector as well). Newegg will definitely get my business.
Posted Image

#264 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

do they add games every month or every so often.. i say you wont see vita games added monthly.. maybe psp games but not vita

is it very simple to hook the vita up to this or pain in the ass ... too bad it wasnt as easy as the 3ds shop
WOOOO I STINK

#265 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

do they add games every month or every so often.. i say you wont see vita games added monthly.. maybe psp games but not vita

is it very simple to hook the vita up to this or pain in the ass ... too bad it wasnt as easy as the 3ds shop

They'll probably do one a month, maybe two. They said Uncharted and Gravity Rush will be up there for awhile.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#266 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm not sure Sony will allow Newegg to lower the price. I think it is a restriction Sony (and other manufacturers) put on certain products. That's one reason why you see Target, Amazon, and other places giving gift cards or freebies with purchase. It is a way to "lower" the price while still meeting Sony's requirement.

I may not know what i'm talking about, so anyone with more knowledge, feel free to correct me.

#267 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

As long as you have checked out in the PSN store, you do not have to have the games on your memory card. For those people with smaller cards, just add and delete games as needed. The only drawback that I know of is if Sony decides to remove a game from the PSN store. If you don't have it downloaded, you would never be able to get it. That being said, I think that's pretty rare.

The only thing i'm not sure about is what happens to your saved games when you delete the game off of your Vita. Do you lose the saves? I know you won't lose trophies.

#268 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Do you have to be logged into to your psn account and be on wifi all the time while using this. Since I travel with it, I still want to be able to use the games while traveling. Still some places that don't have wifi.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#269 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

The only thing i'm not sure about is what happens to your saved games when you delete the game off of your Vita. Do you lose the saves? I know you won't lose trophies.

The way it works with the PSP/PS3 is your save files are separate from the game files. So you should be able to delete the game w/o losing your saves.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#270 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Do you have to be logged into to your psn account and be on wifi all the time while using this. Since I travel with it, I still want to be able to use the games while traveling. Still some places that don't have wifi.

No. By default, your Vita will not even try to log in until it asks you. It's actually kind of annoying that it is logged out of PSN at some times when I want it to already be logged on.

That being said, I guess there is a possibility that PS Plus could work differently, but I doubt it. You don't have to be logged in while playing PS Plus games on a PS3.