Wii Retrospect: It is Finished

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
For those of who you care, or those who couldn't give two fucks about it, I have finally completed my retrospect on the original Wii console. I had a lot of fun doing it, and have practically generated a checklist for my Wii want list in the years to come.

I more than likely won't be getting a Wii U anytime soon, as that is typically the norm for me and game consoles (only console I bought at launch was a PS2). For anyone who is like me in this regard, I'm sure you can find enough content in the following lists to last long enough for the price to drop and / or software to fill up nicely for the Wii U.

Anyways, just one more self promotion on here before I will let them sit quietly on the server, I hope some of you find enjoyment / usefulness out of the content included. I will continue to update new games to the latest list, though I don't expect more than a couple of games a month in the future.

Wii Retrospect 2006

Wii Retrospect 2007

Wii Retrospect 2008

Wii Retrospect 2009

Wii Retrospect 2010

Wii Retrospect 2011

Wii Retrospect 2012+

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thanks Billytwoshoes. I've gone through most of these already, and they are great lists of the various highlights of the Wii's run.

I would say that it is sad that the Wii is about to be phased out. But honestly, it's time. The Wii was always intended as a stop-gap experiment by Nintendo. The fact that it was able to gain the sales that it did, as well as hang around for as long as it has, is a miracle. While I dispair that a decent chunk of its potential was never truly realized, it has still gotten a pretty good run.

Now its time to start thinking of completing my Wii collection.

I stopped by GameStop today while I was out shopping, and picked up four titles that were on your lists.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Sam & Max: Season One

I was already planning on getting Sam & Max, as I had already picked up a copy of the second season. But your recommendation led me to the other three titles. I also picked up a copy of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, which was very reasonably priced.

Wow never noticed those lists for some reason. Did you ever make a blog with those lists? I'm sure they would probably get a lot of views. Nice write up.

[quote name='antlp89']Wow never noticed those lists for some reason. Did you ever make a blog with those lists? I'm sure they would probably get a lot of views. Nice write up.[/QUOTE]
I notice that blogs get more attention on this site than lists do, I may do a blog post for those that don't frequent the Nintendo section of the forums.

[quote name='Richard Kain']I stopped by GameStop today while I was out shopping, and picked up four titles that were on your lists.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Sam & Max: Season One

I was already planning on getting Sam & Max, as I had already picked up a copy of the second season. But your recommendation led me to the other three titles. I also picked up a copy of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, which was very reasonably priced.[/QUOTE]
Mercury Meltdown Revolution is the best cheap game I've played on the Wii so far, that is if you are a fan of the genre. Broken Sword is a good port I want to get eventually, I love most all classic point and click adventure games.

bread's done
Back