Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

ome" Xbox Live members are getting a commemorative console to celebrate the ten-year anniversary of Xbox Live. Hryb said he'll be able to share more details about this later in the week.

so i wonder that means everyone who been there 10 years or those whos been around 10 years gets pushed into a drawing

Hm that sucks, I got XBL back when for SC:pT just for SvM (which was amazing), I picked a new GT and went gold with it on the 360 not knowing it transferred from the old xbox to the new. Oh well.

These custom Xboxes will be great for collectors, but I can see a few of them going for thousands online. Although I wonder exactly how many people have been paying since the beginning, besides Larry and e.

I've had Live since a month after it came out. When games came with 2 month gold cards I would use one and make a new gamertag once it ran out. I'm sure if I had my original gamertag I'd be pretty close to the 10 years.

[quote name='Blade']These custom Xboxes will be great for collectors, but I can see a few of them going for thousands online. Although I wonder exactly how many people have been paying since the beginning, besides Larry and e.[/QUOTE]

This! Im glad theyre saying they'll give it out to long time subscribers but in reality its probably more likely 10 year employees. Who else would have been onboard with live from day 1? This will go great with Larry's Surface that he mentioned on twitter. Which also was prob given to him free by MS. :drool:

I was not part of the beta, but I had Xbox Live on day one. I remember playing the free demos, Moto GP and some Loony Toon-esque Deathmatch game. I remember being all giddy and literally rolling on the floor in laughter the first time hearing the voice masks.

My favorite launch title was Mechassualt... had a group with three other random guys I met on Live. We shit rolled everyone we played. Never before have I dominated an online arena quite like that.

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be eligible to even be included in the running to receive an anniversary box. My original account was under my father's credit card information. Once the 360 came out, I created a new account with my own credit card.

Oh well... such is life

@swift
Buddy of mine says he got an email to confirm his info. He was on a Child account and joined a week after it launched. He will be getting the console so I am sure you have a good chance of getting it too.

Keep us posted & good luck!!

Wow, that sucks. I was on the beta, and back then I had a different gamertag, and they didn't allow you to change it years back so when it expired I created a new one. Sucks to be me :/

I made a new live account when the 360 came out instead of keeping my old one, so my account now has only been around since the launch of 360 :/

I have been a member for 10 years, in fact I have been on Xbox live since the alpha beta. Been a paying member ever since. What how much money have I gave them?!?!

So I'm confused. I've had the same gamertag since Mechassault, and could have sworn I got it at launch or at least within weeks, but my Account has a big 'ol 9 on it.

Now that I think about it, look at my avatar!

Go to "profile" on the rightmost blade of your xbox guide

I'm thinking probably founding member just meant I joined in the first year but these only go to those that joined in the first month?

Yea that's why I was always confused. I always thought my xbl number was one behind, but apparently I joined Jan 1, 2004. I just looked it up. My mistake. I guess I always thought it was 2003 because I was 13 when I signed up and I got it for Christmas in 2003. Crimson Skies was my first XBL game. Loved it

I actually edited my post above to state that I was confused as to why my number was always behind but then I hit the back button and I didn't feel like redoing it.

It can kind of be a pain in the ass but here goes....

Go to xbox.com
Click on my account on the top right
Then go to billing history on the bottom left
Then subscriptions
On the left hand side click on whatever your current gold is (1 month, 1 year etc...)
Then click on view history and scroll on down

Sometimes the history wont load but just keep trying

Purchase Date:
01/01/2004

I've been a member since it first became available. Unfortunately, I changed my name when the 360 came out (you couldn't pay to change your name, so you had to get a new subscription), and then there was trouble with that account a few years later, so I had to make another gamertag, which puts me in the 5 year category. Damn...oh well

It was a sucky day at work, then 3 hours to get home because of a big accident, but out of the blue there's this box waiting on my doorstep. Bingo! Comes with a 1 yr XBL sub.

[quote name='donkeydrop']It was a sucky day at work, then 3 hours to get home because of a big accident, but out of the blue there's this box waiting on my doorstep. Bingo! Comes with a 1 yr XBL sub.[/QUOTE]

huh you got one, nice...

I was a beta tester back when moto GP was the only game to play, I sure as hell hope I qualify. Time to reactivate that old email linked to my account

[quote name='donkeydrop']It was a sucky day at work, then 3 hours to get home because of a big accident, but out of the blue there's this box waiting on my doorstep. Bingo! Comes with a 1 yr XBL sub.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. How long ago did you join

I think Nov 15 or 16th was the first day so unless you were a beta tester, I'm not sure how you could get any better than that.

I'm listed as Nov 16th as well and I remember being active on Day 1. Waiting.....

[quote name='goodnews13']I think Nov 15 or 16th was the first day so unless you were a beta tester, I'm not sure how you could get any better than that.

I'm listed as Nov 16th as well and I remember being active on Day 1. Waiting.....[/QUOTE]

I was about to say "that's good news" and then noticed your gamertag. You live up to it, haha.

I obviously hope I get one; if I do, MS has earned a day 1 purchase of 720. Then again, I'd probably buy it day 1 either way.

It does look like it started on Nov 15th. I'll probably rage if I bought it 1 day late, 10 years ago :p

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, wish they went by account holder and not gamertag. So sad...[/QUOTE]

same here I've been on xbox live since the night it launched went to best buy and got an xbox live starter kit and everything, sadly I wanted a new gamertag and couldn't change it so I created a new one I've got all the same credentials for the most part.

bread's done
Back