Photo
- - - - -

Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

I never thought I would regret not getting Mechassault a week or two earlier so much :P

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#32 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

It was a sucky day at work, then 3 hours to get home because of a big accident, but out of the blue there's this box waiting on my doorstep. Bingo! Comes with a 1 yr XBL sub.

huh you got one, nice...

#33 paperchu

paperchu

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

I was a beta tester back when moto GP was the only game to play, I sure as hell hope I qualify. Time to reactivate that old email linked to my account

#34 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

It was a sucky day at work, then 3 hours to get home because of a big accident, but out of the blue there's this box waiting on my doorstep. Bingo! Comes with a 1 yr XBL sub.

Congrats. How long ago did you join

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)

mcdougalsig.jpg

#35 goodnews13

goodnews13

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

I think Nov 15 or 16th was the first day so unless you were a beta tester, I'm not sure how you could get any better than that.

I'm listed as Nov 16th as well and I remember being active on Day 1. Waiting.....

#36 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

I think Nov 15 or 16th was the first day so unless you were a beta tester, I'm not sure how you could get any better than that.

I'm listed as Nov 16th as well and I remember being active on Day 1. Waiting.....

I was about to say "that's good news" and then noticed your gamertag. You live up to it, haha.

I obviously hope I get one; if I do, MS has earned a day 1 purchase of 720. Then again, I'd probably buy it day 1 either way.

It does look like it started on Nov 15th. I'll probably rage if I bought it 1 day late, 10 years ago :P

mcdougalsig.jpg

#37 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

19 Nov 2002
I wonder if I qualify

#38 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've got 11/30/02. Hopefully everyone from that November gets in. Unlikely, but... hopefully,

#39 kevdawg45

kevdawg45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

12/26/02 here. Christmas gift from my future wife.

#40 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I just turned 9. Nuts!

#41 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

August 2003 for me

CAGFL: (187-31)

#42 ig88vsbobafett

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

10 31 2002 :( nothing yet

#43 bearcherian

bearcherian

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Purchase Date:
10/22/2002

Where's my Xbox?! :(

#44 PaulDE01

PaulDE01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

9/24/02

#45 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hopefully they at least send us something like a set of avatar items, gamerpic etc

#46 MPNY

MPNY

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

I also am on 10 years and did not receive any emails or anything.

#47 darcmasta

darcmasta

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

07/31/2003

Poop :/

#48 WilliamRLBaker

WilliamRLBaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, wish they went by account holder and not gamertag. So sad...

same here I've been on xbox live since the night it launched went to best buy and got an xbox live starter kit and everything, sadly I wanted a new gamertag and couldn't change it so I created a new one I've got all the same credentials for the most part.

#49 ||||||

||||||

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

11/15/02 here.

#50 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Go to "profile" on the rightmost blade of your xbox guide

I'm thinking probably founding member just meant I joined in the first year but these only go to those that joined in the first month?

My profile shows 10 today but no console in the mail.

On another note they are offering a free Gamerpic & arcade game on the Dash to celebrate the 10 years.

#51 goodnews13

goodnews13

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hmmm...it's a contest. But...how does this play into the 10 year thing? How is this "rewarding" long time suscribers? Why have some select few already received the console?? Questions! Questions! Questions!

From Major Nelsons blog:

Wow…how time flies! 10 Years ago today, Xbox LIVE officially launched and today we all celebrate this milestone. On behalf of everyone here on the Xbox team…thank you for your support over the past ten years. Thank you for believing, like we did, that a premium online service has a place in console gaming. We took a gamble when we launched the original Xbox by including a network port on the back before there was even a service to connect with. No extra network adapter or modem to purchase – you were ready out of the box (and arguably, before we were!)
In November 2002, we launched with games like MechAssault, NFL Fever and of course Ghost Recon and since then we’ve never stopped building the service as your center for always on, always connected gaming and entertainment.
To celebrate, head over to Xbox.com for details on how you can win one of the VERY limited edition Tenth Anniversary consoles* and pick up your free copy of Wreckateer. Plus members can save 50% on Castle Crashers, Battlefeld 1943, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, Bastion, Peggle and Full House Poker. Don’t forget to download the free Gamer picture Your local Xbox.com may also have additional promotions for the anniversary, so be sure to sign in with your account and see what’s up and details.
*See contest rules for details and restrictions
PLUS: Today only (Thursday, November 15th) I am giving away 10 free One year subscriptions to Xbox LIVE Gold every hour for 10 hours. Starting at 11a ET/8a PT I’ll be looking at Twitter for @replies to @MajorNelson tagged with #XboxLIVEis10 where you tell me your favorite memory, game or experience you had on Xbox LIVE over the past 10-years. If you have room, throw in your Gamertag as well.
Every hour from 10a ET/7a PT until 7p ET/4p PT I’ll be giving away 10 Xbox LIVE One-year Gold Subscriptions. Remember you must be following me so I can DM you a code if you are randomly chosen. The contest is open to my twitter followers in all Xbox LIVE regions. I am not doing the random giveaway at the same time every hour, I’ll be mixing it up a bit to make it interesting. You also don’t have to keep track if you won or not, if you are chosen, I’ll DM you a code. One entry per person please.

#52 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yeah xbox.com never loads up for me to check things like this. Makes no sense.

#53 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I just got a message from LIVE on my xbox giving me a code to download a 10 year helmet for my avatar..... lol I'd rather have the xbox

#54 RonnieWrecked

RonnieWrecked

i starred in a snuff film

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

I just got a message from LIVE on my xbox giving me a code to download a 10 year helmet for my avatar..... lol I'd rather have the xbox

i too got the message. anyone have any clue what it looks like? i didn't use my code yet.

side note, my profile says 7 years. i don't remember if i took a break from live or not and at one point i had to change my gamertag.

#55 RonnieWrecked

RonnieWrecked

i starred in a snuff film

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

turns out anyone can be entered to win the commemorative xbox. just goto your dash, click the celebrating 10 years banner, and download the gamerpic.

they have 5 xboxes to give out.

http://marketplace.x...ee-15d2eaf24d22

Edited by RonnieWrecked, 15 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#56 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I thought I has joined right after getting my Xbox but I have a 9 in my profile and it says I started 10/2003. :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Shoo I was about to be bummed since I allowed my 2002 to die off and just made a new one when I got the 360. Oh well got the email for the contest and entered.

#58 Ghilleup79

Ghilleup79

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Shoo I was about to be bummed since I allowed my 2002 to die off and just made a new one when I got the 360. Oh well got the email for the contest and entered.

lol same here buddy, this information about a free xbox came out of nowhere lol, I mean if we did save our 10 yearr GTs we could have gotten one.

#59 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

LOL i just got this too :)

#60 betterdayz

betterdayz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

do you have to be 10years to get the helmet