Photo
- - - - -

Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

This! Im glad theyre saying they'll give it out to long time subscribers but in reality its probably more likely 10 year employees. Who else would have been onboard with live from day 1? This will go great with Larry's Surface that he mentioned on twitter. Which also was prob given to him free by MS. :drool:

I bought it day 1, but only had dial-up so I couldn't play it :(

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Madden 15 (X1) - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***

This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#62 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

do you have to be 10years to get the helmet

No. I've been a member since January 2004 (8 years) and I got the helmet code.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#63 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Got the helmet code. Been Gold for "5" years, there was a time I didn't have Gold though.

#64 Johnny The Machine

Johnny The Machine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

just received the helmet code in my dashboard and im only 5 years on xboxlive

this is not rare at all most xbox live members seems to be getting it

#65 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Got a couple on some old 10 year accounts that have never been gold. Yet to get it on my main 10 year account.

#66 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Got the helmet, it's pretty cool.

#67 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Picture from some clowns Ebay listing. lol

Spoiler

EDIT: Also in your email box they send the same code and a breakdown of how long you spent playing on XBL in multiplayer games this year as well as in apps. SCARY stats and duh it shows the helmet as well lol

#68 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Got it too...pretty cool looking.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#69 bx1018

bx1018

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hi Folks,

I was part of the original beta (which was 500 people I believe). When I log into my Microsoft account I even have the transaction from 8/26/2002 for 16 months of Xbox Live. My year 10 rolled over on my account around that date (well before today), so I guess I'd be the best "bench test" to see if everyone's getting one of these or not. At this point, I've gotten no emails about this, nor has something shown up at my door. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I do get one in the mail. My account has been Gold and kept current for the entire 10 years.

#70 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi Folks,

I was part of the original beta (which was 500 people I believe). When I log into my Microsoft account I even have the transaction from 8/26/2002 for 16 months of Xbox Live. My year 10 rolled over on my account around that date (well before today), so I guess I'd be the best "bench test" to see if everyone's getting one of these or not. At this point, I've gotten no emails about this, nor has something shown up at my door. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I do get one in the mail. My account has been Gold and kept current for the entire 10 years.

When did your 9 turn to 10? Yesterday?

#71 bx1018

bx1018

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Late August or Early September

#72 jer0009

jer0009

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Where do you find out how long they have you as being a member.... I was alos in the original live beta test and only received a helmet. Just wondering
CAG VET ANDLOVIN IT

#73 halvorsb

halvorsb

Um....yeah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Wow, 11/16/02 - I remember being on from day one. No email or contact from MS for me either...I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

#74 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'm surprised this hasn't turned into a thread full of people complaining that they're entitled to an Xbox. Let's call MS and ask for a manager until we get what we deserve!!!!!

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

I entered her with almost no resistance. 

#75 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

I've had the same GT since 11/24/06 and the last time I was Gold (mid-August) I'm pretty sure my tenure number was 5. But I'm currently Silver and haven't been Gold the entire 6 years.

I hope I at least get a helmet. :)

#76 the indianbeast

the indianbeast

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

how do you get this helmet or console??

#77 Pluto412

Pluto412

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

how do you get this helmet or console??

helmet is for 5 year+ people if u qualify u will have a messege in your inbox on your xbox and console is a giveaway

#78 Razorleaf

Razorleaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

well. i play xbox since day 1 but have gold for 1,5 years. i guess i can buy a console by myself with my saved money :D

#79 Zidail

Zidail

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

8 Years, got the email yet no helmet code. Awesome.

#80 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Finally got around to checking my join date on the account look up thing. Guess I am only 9 years joined 11/2003. I never got a XBL gold until later as I was helplessly addicted to SOCOM on PS2. Wikipedia says it came out August 27, 2002...

Some of us are showing our age in here lol.

#81 cmp2005

cmp2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

i have 5 years on my account and my bro has 4 he got the helmet and i didnt also got over 100,000gamerscore and my xbl gold dont end till 5/16/2015 lol they should sent me something lmao jk congrats to everyone that received something
Posted Image

#82 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Any way of telling how long you have had an account on live? I'm sure I wont get the 360 however it would be nice as I think I'm about to have my second rrod. I know I have enough time for the avatar helmet, but I'm not sure on the number of years I have with live. I have read that some received an e-mail telling them along with the code however I just received two messages on live. Both of them had a different code and nothing saying how long I have been a member.
Posted Image

#83 xXTwilightXx

xXTwilightXx

CaG Intermediate Nubbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

5 yrs gold & no code.

#84 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Any way of telling how long you have had an account on live? I'm sure I wont get the 360 however it would be nice as I think I'm about to have my second rrod. I know I have enough time for the avatar helmet, but I'm not sure on the number of years I have with live. I have read that some received an e-mail telling them along with the code however I just received two messages on live. Both of them had a different code and nothing saying how long I have been a member.

this ->

It can kind of be a pain in the ass but here goes....

Go to xbox.com
Click on my account on the top right
Then go to billing history on the bottom left
Then subscriptions
On the left hand side click on whatever your current gold is (1 month, 1 year etc...)
Then click on view history and scroll on down

Sometimes the history wont load but just keep trying

Purchase Date:
01/01/2004

#85 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Some of you 5 year + guys (who have nit received your helmet) should contact support chat ASAP and have them resend/send you the email. My nephew had the same problem with his 10 year account and is being sent a code by them in 48 hours.

#86 Johnny The Machine

Johnny The Machine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Some of you 5 year + guys (who have nit received your helmet) should contact support chat ASAP and have them resend/send you the email. My nephew had the same problem with his 10 year account and is being sent a code by them in 48 hours.

could you put a link to support chat please?

#87 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

@Johnny

Log into xbox.com on the web and look for a support or contact us link at tge bottom of the page. You need to select Support Chat (Not Ambassador chat) and it takes 30-40 minutes to vonnect with them.

I would link you but I am on Tapatalk.

#88 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I lolz at how people don't mind paying $60 for a game and 60 a year to play that game online lolz
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#89 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

I lolz at how people don't mind paying $60 for a game and 60 a year to play that game online lolz

I lolz at people that think most of us pay full retail for XBL. I haven't paid full retail in probably eight years. Most years I get my XBL for $35 or $30. Past couple of months I've been paying even less

Formerly known as slickkill77

#90 venomscarnage

venomscarnage

Browncoat for life!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

I lol at all these people asking for something period.
Wanna win some great stuff! Head over to the official Metallman's Reverie Contest Thread
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340285

I also co-host the Get a Life Video Game Podcast which is also at Metallman's Reverie

Posted Image