Amazon - "as a valued customer you dont need to return this item to get a refund"

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!
I just got this message popup when trying to return a book on amazon through their return center

"as a valued customer you dont need to return this item to get a refund"

so they are still issuing me the refund and letting me keep the book. unreal.

how often does this happen? o_O

Yeah it happened to me a couple months ago when I accidentally ordered a 3DS screen protector instead of a 3DS XL one

I like it but I don't....

Amazon has created a large class of entitled consumers who expect all orders to arrive the next day and "compensation" at the slightest inconvenience.

Don't get me wrong they are an awesome company (I love them) that have a great customer service (most of the time).

Their business model works for them but not the other 99.9% of businesses out their and because of how they handle returns (Walmart is guilty of this too) people today feel like they should be able to return items (or keep them and get a refund) for whatever reason they dream up.

Not saying this applies to you OP it is just my experience from when I worked retail in college and from the little bit of selling I do on eBay

Other online business's aren't as successful because they charge insane prices for shipping and their stuff is overpriced almost always. Best Buy is probably the only other place I can think of that I would go to get electronics/media over Amazon. If you share prime with 4 other people then Amazon is even better.

I had it happen to me when I moved. I bought a book to read during the transition, and it came with the cover ruined. I didn't have time to return it prior to the move, and for some reason, they had no way to for me to change to my new address while requesting a replacement. So, they told me I could just keep the book and they'd still issue a replacement. Can't say as I really felt like I was receiving much of a benefit though...

[quote name='GBAstar']I like it but I don't....

Amazon has created a large class of entitled consumers who expect all orders to arrive the next day and "compensation" at the slightest inconvenience.

Don't get me wrong they are an awesome company (I love them) that have a great customer service (most of the time).

Their business model works for them but not the other 99.9% of businesses out their and because of how they handle returns (Walmart is guilty of this too) people today feel like they should be able to return items (or keep them and get a refund) for whatever reason they dream up.

Not saying this applies to you OP it is just my experience from when I worked retail in college and from the little bit of selling I do on eBay[/QUOTE]

People have always believed this, Amazon just humors them sometimes.

Just had this happen with a recalled $10 DVD(for those wondering what it was, google "Birdy the Mighty Decode part 1 recall"). Figured I'd ask what I should do about a replacement copy before sending the initial copy back. I was told to keep it, Amazon refunded the money and then they offered free 2-day shipping if I ordered a replacement.

It seems to happen more with low cost items like books & movies. I had a weird incident last year where they shipped someone's canceled order of 5 books along with my stuff. Told to keep it, but I insisted on a return shipping label for the books. Figured they would want them back considering it was about $50 worth of books, but they acted like they couldn't give a crap about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back