Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Event for RZ members; 15% off Wii U games/accessories (12/2 7:30PM - 9:30PM)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Oh ok, so if my store is listed there it will have it? Its listed and I clicked go but their page didn't say anything so I wasnt sure, lol.

#32 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

The wii u savings has me a little interested this time...any feedback on gamepad covers?

#33 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

The wii u savings has me a little interested this time...any feedback on gamepad covers?

Thanks for pointing the sale stuff out. I listed the offers in the OP and updated the title with the Wii U sale. The only video game related stuff is the 15% off Wii U games/accessories and getting a $150 gift card and 4GB 360 with you activate select Time Warner Cable packages.

#34 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

We really like our nerf armor cover. It does give the gamepad slightly more weight but it also gives it a nice grip. Plus a little more protection if you have little one around.

Comes in Black/Blue
Orange/Black
Or Pink/Black

http://www.bestbuy.c...armor&cp=1&lp=3

Wonder if they will price match the 15% off or if I will have to rebuy and return later

#35 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for pointing the sale stuff out. I listed the offers in the OP and updated the title with the Wii U sale. The only video game related stuff is the 15% off Wii U games/accessories and getting a $150 gift card and 4GB 360 with you activate select Time Warner Cable packages.

Hey.. I pointed it out :(.

Lol its all good though.

#36 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Those nerf cases are horrendous, cheap looking

#37 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Oh ok, so if my store is listed there it will have it? Its listed and I clicked go but their page didn't say anything so I wasnt sure, lol.

I am wondering this as well

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#38 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

I am wondering this as well

Same here... can't figure out which stores are doing it...

#39 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hey.. I pointed it out :(.

Lol its all good though.

Apologies, you did indeed point it out before JaylisJayP. I just plainly overlooked your post. I may have to attend this event myself if I do decide to bite on the Blue 3DS XL Bundle w/ Mario Kart 7 and $20 GC

As for stores participating, it's already been stated. I don't know if the individual store pages reflect ongoing promotions/events because I never noticed them updated about opening midnight for game releases in the past month or two. You can always call your local store to see if they're participating.

#40 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Well, to help break down the 15%

59.99 - 50.99
49.99 - 42.49
39.99 - 33.99

#41 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

We really like our nerf armor cover. It does give the gamepad slightly more weight but it also gives it a nice grip. Plus a little more protection if you have little one around.

Comes in Black/Blue
Orange/Black
Or Pink/Black

http://www.bestbuy.c...armor&cp=1&lp=3

Wonder if they will price match the 15% off or if I will have to rebuy and return later

Yeah ive seen those. Thanks. I couldnt justify spending $20 on one though...or $17.

#42 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Has anyone tried out the screen protectors for the Wii U pad? I've had hit or miss luck with DS protectors and didn't know if 8.50 is worth it for the shield/stylus bundle at BBY.

#43 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yeah ive seen those. Thanks. I couldnt justify spending $20 on one though...or $17.

These are great if you are getting it for a child. My son dropped his DS quite a few times and the Nerf case saved it.

Also, I just received my email invite for Sunday evening. So, if you are not sure if your store is participating just check your email. 15% off the Wii U stuff is pretty cool this time of year.

#44 botticus

botticus

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone tried out the screen protectors for the Wii U pad? I've had hit or miss luck with DS protectors and didn't know if 8.50 is worth it for the shield/stylus bundle at BBY.

I like the Hori protector I got for $8 from Amazon. Easy application (though I left some dust on the screen) and great fit.

Would they count eShop cards as accessories?

#45 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Is there a link to the info? The private event info used to appear on the RZ website for me, but it's no longer showing up even though I'm still silver.

Not game related, but I might be interested in the Tivo + Stream deal, if I can do the Premiere XL4 as one of the options. OP, do you know if that's the case?

#46 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I like the Hori protector I got for $8 from Amazon. Easy application (though I left some dust on the screen) and great fit.

Would they count eShop cards as accessories?

Thanks, I'll check out Hori's right now.

Based on past experience they usually don't count cards, sometimes it depends on the manager.

#47 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Is there a link to the info? The private event info used to appear on the RZ website for me, but it's no longer showing up even though I'm still silver.

Not game related, but I might be interested in the Tivo + Stream deal, if I can do the Premiere XL4 as one of the options. OP, do you know if that's the case?

http://www.bestbuy.c...&ref=56&loc=124

Formerly known as slickkill77

#48 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I hope my Halo 4 RZ points come in by then cause I would love to pick up a Wii U game, but I doubt it it will =(

#49 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I hope my Halo 4 RZ points come in by then cause I would love to pick up a Wii U game, but I doubt it it will =(

Are you talking about the preorder deal? My $20 certificate came in about a week.

#50 Darigaaz

Darigaaz

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Are you talking about the preorder deal? My $20 certificate came in about a week.

Mine always come a month later :\

Anyways...I just bought a WiiU and games on Friday >_< Can I have them PM it?

#51 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

My Resident Evil 6 $20 certificate came in exactly 1 month after I picked it up so I assume the same thing will happen with my Halo 4 certificate =(

#52 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...&ref=56&loc=124

There it is. Thanks!

#53 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I guess 15% off isn't bad, but I'm really hoping to pay less than $50 for ZombiU. I need to make up for missing out on pre-ordering at a discount from newegg. :) Plus there was no tax on that. Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully some good deal pops up between now and Xmas.
Posted Image

#54 mantis23

mantis23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Any idea if the 15% off will apply to Wii U eShop cards as well?

#55 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Any idea if the 15% off will apply to Wii U eShop cards as well?

Good question. I'll grab one Sunday evening and have them scan it.

#56 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

For people not realizing how to fully max these types of promos here's how u do it...
U buy items that you want & would be getting anyways & price match them later thus u get the higher RZ points to go along with the lower price. Remember since they've extended pm's thru 1/24(or longer if silver) & they're matching most .com sites there's tons of ways to score a cheaper price. Obviously, you'll lose the point difference when the pm is done though but it's still a huge gain when done properly.

$60 game pm'd to $40 regularly would only be 80 base RZ points but doing it this way means 120 base points.

For non silver members:Easy way to earn silver status plus points
Buy the pre-paid visas during this event thus turning each card $206 into 412 base points($5 in RZ & 88 points shy of another $5 which negates the fee). 3 cards would be 1236 base points($20 in RZ & 14 points shy of another $5). Use the cards to pay ur reg. bills & you just knocked $600 of the $2500 needed for earning silver status. If you do this monthly for just your smartphone bill @ just $100/month ur halfway to silver status right there. Add in car insurance or car note & you got $2500. Use it for groceries or when lending money(add the $6 fee in to what a person needs to pay back).

#57 daemissary

daemissary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Anyone know if any of the stores in the Portland area have Microsoft reps that usually show up to these?

I'm interested in going if I could get some cool free stuff.

#58 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

last time I went it was kinda fun, but it's not like anything was super on sale, i'l be going to make normal purchases probably.

#59 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'll be picking up a computer for the points bonus, but this is my first time at such an event. So, as long as the store is participating and I ring up the item during the 2 hour window, I'll be sure to get the points bonus?

#60 LiquidSnape

LiquidSnape

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

any rumors of early access to the DKR blu ray? I have seen a lot of people already have theirs in hand on other sites