Best Buy Event for RZ members; 15% off Wii U games/accessories (12/2 7:30PM - 9:30PM)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
sgh4zt.jpg

Participating Stores
2x Reward Zone points on nearly all purchases
3x Reward Zone points if you spend $1000 or more

Don't miss out on Best Buy's Reward Zone Scavenger Hunt! Enter for your chance to win one of twelve $25 Best Buy Gift Cards to be awarded at each store or one of the 45 Grand Prizes - 50,000 Reward Zone points, worth $1000 in reward certificates - awarded nationwide!

Exclusive event offers (video games stuff bolded):
Free DSLR Bag with Select Nikon Camera. Plus, save $250 on Nikon D5100 DSLR camera with 18–55mm VR lens.
Best Buy Exclusive: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook with Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 14" touch-screen display and Windows 8.
15% Off all games and accessories for Wii U. Quantities limited.
Triple Reward Zone Points on all Dyson vacuums.
Get Your Activation Fee Back when you buy any Sprint handset, including Samsung Galaxy S III.
Save $30 or $50 on a Samsung Wi-Fi Blu-ray player or 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray player.
Triple Reward Zone Points on ASUS Zenbook touch-screen Ultrabook™ with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 13.3" display, and Windows 8.
Double Reward Zone Points on Logitech Harmony Touch or Harmony 650.
Save $20 on any Western Digital router or hard drive $79 or more.
Save $10 on a Roku 2 XS or XD wireless digital media player.
Save $50 on Garmin nüvi 50LM GPS.
Free Bag with Select Sony Cameras. Plus, save $50 on Sony Cyber-shot WX100 18.2MP digital camera.
Save $80 when you buy TiVo Premiere HD DVR and TiVo Stream together.
Save $30 on select Sanus wall mounts. Some mounts only available in Magnolia™ stores.
Free Sonos Bridge Wireless Extender when you buy Sonos Play:3 or Play:5 wireless-ready music system.
Buy 2 Insignia™ LED Light Bulbs, Get 1 50% Off 40-watt equivalent or 60-watt equivalent.
Triple Reward Zone Points on Beats Mixr™ on-ear headphones. In black, white, or exclusive red color.
Double Reward Zone Points on Bose® SoundLink® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II.
Free SanDisk Ultra 16GB microSD Card when you buy a GoPro HD HERO3 Black Edition Adventure Wearable Camera.
Get a $150 Gift Card and Xbox® 360 4GB Console with activation of select packages from Time Warner Cable (select markets). Best Buy gift card sent by mail. Xbox 360 4GB console available after installation of services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very rarely do our Private Shopping Events have anything to do with gaming (and if it is, it's normally Wii or some crap), but if you're looking for other electronics I bet there will be some good stuff.

I've been to 2 of these over the last year and for me, they're worthless. I guess if you were already going to buy a TV from Best Buy it'd be worth going to get the extra points, but the deals are a total letdown, and like VyseArcad1a said, they never put games/media on sale.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've been to 2 of these over the last year and for me, they're worthless. I guess if you were already going to buy a TV from Best Buy it'd be worth going to get the extra points, but the deals are a total letdown, and like VyseArcad1a said, they never put games/media on sale.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I went to one and the best part was free popcorn. If you were going to make a large purchase it would be definitely worth it for the points, but if you are looking for good deals you will be disappointed.

What about those giftcards they pass out? Might be worth going just for that, unless it's a time-sensitive thing and you have to spend it right then and there.

A couple of times, they've broken street date and offered DVD/BluRays before they're supposed to go on sale. (I specifically remember Hancock being one that was offered 3 weeks before street date at one of these events.)

I know it's CAG heresy, but I almost might be willing to pay retail price to get my hands on 'Dark Knight Rises' a couple of days early.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']What about those giftcards they pass out? Might be worth going just for that, unless it's a time-sensitive thing and you have to spend it right then and there.[/QUOTE]

They have you going around the store to various stations answering questions via text message which enters you in a raffle. Since they give out a card every 10 to 15 minutes you have very good chance of winning depending on how many are actually participating. And no its a standard gift card that you use at anytime.

The last few times the Microsoft rep was nice enough to give out a bunch of points and live cards. I think I got a 12 month card and 4000 point card last time. As well I got a digital version of Halo CE and Fable 3. The time before that I got a few Kinect games and 1600 point cards, just for being there during the event.

So it can be worth it depending on if your store has the reps there.

FWIW, back during the Wii launch period, the Reward Zone private events would occasionally have a portion of a Wii shipment held in reserve to satisfy Reward Zone shoppers at the event.

There may not be any gaming deals at the event, but if it proves difficult to lay hands on a Wii-U and you haven't preordered, the RZ event may be an opportunity to secure one.

[quote name='Draknight']They have you going around the store to various stations answering questions via text message which enters you in a raffle. Since they give out a card every 10 to 15 minutes you have very good chance of winning depending on how many are actually participating. And no its a standard gift card that you use at anytime.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I thought. Might be worth going out for this. The last time this same promo was going on, neither of my 2 closest stores participated.

On a semi-related note: has anyone heard mention of the RZ Silver early access Black Friday sale they've been doing for the last couple of years? I just realized today how close Turkey Day/BF are!

[quote name='sgaldis']On a semi-related note: has anyone heard mention of the RZ Silver early access Black Friday sale they've been doing for the last couple of years? I just realized today how close Turkey Day/BF are![/QUOTE]

Preview is Sunday. Sale starts Monday at 11 am. ET

[quote name='Draknight']They have you going around the store to various stations answering questions via text message which enters you in a raffle. Since they give out a card every 10 to 15 minutes you have very good chance of winning depending on how many are actually participating. And no its a standard gift card that you use at anytime.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining that, I was trying to figure out what a "digital" scavenger hunt was, thought I might of needed a smart phone and some special app or something.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Preview is Sunday. Sale starts Monday at 11 am. ET[/QUOTE]

Wait, we get access to the BF deals on Monday? Or are they different deals, or only a select few BF deals?

[quote name='sgand']Wait, we get access to the BF deals on Monday? Or are they different deals, or only a select few BF deals?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember what the silver access to Black Friday deals was like last year?

im looking to buy a new range and im using a giftcard, the double or triple points doesn't work when using a gift card, right?

[quote name='caMOFOg']Does anyone remember what the silver access to Black Friday deals was like last year?[/QUOTE]

90-95% of the BF sale items were on the site. Some sold fast some were there for a little while.

Although some RZ silver members got backorder cancelations while people who ordered on BF got theirs (guess who ordered first in those instances).

[quote name='coolrust']im looking to buy a new range and im using a giftcard, the double or triple points doesn't work when using a gift card, right?[/QUOTE]

You get RZ points when you buy the giftcards so yes you are correct you will not get any points when you redeem your giftcard.

Yeah, I can second that the BF early access sale has been pretty sweet for the last few years, and last year's in particular had almost everything available at one point, save for the super-big doorbusters like the $199 40" Sharp LCD they had. Most of the tablets/laptops, movies, and games were available early; I was even able to get the 24" Dynex LCD for $79.99 from the early event. I really had no reason to even step into BB on Black Friday, except for the fact that I always do. Looking forward to something similar on Monday.

Never been. I see they have a raffle for a $25 GC, and something huge like 50,000 RZ points, but do they have actual sales? Or is this the fun part of the event?

woah woah woah. How do I find out what stores are doing this? I just saw that part of this is 15% off all Wii U games and accessories.

First time my store will be having this event... so I'll probably go, hopefully there is something in this coming week's ad to make it worth it!

Oh ok, so if my store is listed there it will have it? Its listed and I clicked go but their page didn't say anything so I wasnt sure, lol.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The wii u savings has me a little interested this time...any feedback on gamepad covers?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing the sale stuff out. I listed the offers in the OP and updated the title with the Wii U sale. The only video game related stuff is the 15% off Wii U games/accessories and getting a $150 gift card and 4GB 360 with you activate select Time Warner Cable packages.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The wii u savings has me a little interested this time...any feedback on gamepad covers?[/QUOTE]

We really like our nerf armor cover. It does give the gamepad slightly more weight but it also gives it a nice grip. Plus a little more protection if you have little one around.

Comes in Black/Blue
Orange/Black
Or Pink/Black

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PDP+-+N...1709844&skuId=6608592&st=nerf armor&cp=1&lp=3

Wonder if they will price match the 15% off or if I will have to rebuy and return later

[quote name='Sway']Thanks for pointing the sale stuff out. I listed the offers in the OP and updated the title with the Wii U sale. The only video game related stuff is the 15% off Wii U games/accessories and getting a $150 gift card and 4GB 360 with you activate select Time Warner Cable packages.[/QUOTE]

Hey.. I pointed it out :(.

Lol its all good though.

[quote name='Deader2818']Oh ok, so if my store is listed there it will have it? Its listed and I clicked go but their page didn't say anything so I wasnt sure, lol.[/QUOTE]
I am wondering this as well

[quote name='therealdanhill']I am wondering this as well[/QUOTE]

Same here... can't figure out which stores are doing it...

[quote name='Deader2818']Hey.. I pointed it out :(.

Lol its all good though.[/QUOTE]

Apologies, you did indeed point it out before JaylisJayP. I just plainly overlooked your post. I may have to attend this event myself if I do decide to bite on the Blue 3DS XL Bundle w/ Mario Kart 7 and $20 GC

As for stores participating, it's already been stated. I don't know if the individual store pages reflect ongoing promotions/events because I never noticed them updated about opening midnight for game releases in the past month or two. You can always call your local store to see if they're participating.

[quote name='Zazoo']We really like our nerf armor cover. It does give the gamepad slightly more weight but it also gives it a nice grip. Plus a little more protection if you have little one around.

Comes in Black/Blue
Orange/Black
Or Pink/Black

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PDP+-+N...1709844&skuId=6608592&st=nerf armor&cp=1&lp=3

Wonder if they will price match the 15% off or if I will have to rebuy and return later[/QUOTE]

Yeah ive seen those. Thanks. I couldnt justify spending $20 on one though...or $17.

Has anyone tried out the screen protectors for the Wii U pad? I've had hit or miss luck with DS protectors and didn't know if 8.50 is worth it for the shield/stylus bundle at BBY.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah ive seen those. Thanks. I couldnt justify spending $20 on one though...or $17.[/QUOTE]

These are great if you are getting it for a child. My son dropped his DS quite a few times and the Nerf case saved it.

Also, I just received my email invite for Sunday evening. So, if you are not sure if your store is participating just check your email. 15% off the Wii U stuff is pretty cool this time of year.

[quote name='stavros45']Has anyone tried out the screen protectors for the Wii U pad? I've had hit or miss luck with DS protectors and didn't know if 8.50 is worth it for the shield/stylus bundle at BBY.[/QUOTE]
I like the Hori protector I got for $8 from Amazon. Easy application (though I left some dust on the screen) and great fit.

Would they count eShop cards as accessories?

Is there a link to the info? The private event info used to appear on the RZ website for me, but it's no longer showing up even though I'm still silver.

Not game related, but I might be interested in the Tivo + Stream deal, if I can do the Premiere XL4 as one of the options. OP, do you know if that's the case?

[quote name='botticus']I like the Hori protector I got for $8 from Amazon. Easy application (though I left some dust on the screen) and great fit.

Would they count eShop cards as accessories?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check out Hori's right now.

Based on past experience they usually don't count cards, sometimes it depends on the manager.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I hope my Halo 4 RZ points come in by then cause I would love to pick up a Wii U game, but I doubt it it will =([/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the preorder deal? My $20 certificate came in about a week.

bread's done
Back