Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
1jLdb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkZjBQV3pg

Looks like they're using the same tech that LA Noire used to match the facial animations with the voices. This game looks incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still bitter we're only getting Santos out of that big map they keep boasting is x5 bigger than their other game maps combined but still stoked to see this. Been craving for news and it seems we're finally on the road to info at last. Going to miss Fierro and Venturas though, especially since this map seemingly would have plenty of room for them yet they want to make it all Santos.

Looks incredible. This game was a Day One purchase for me the day it was announced, but new trailers always get me hyped. I was hoping today's new trailer would have a release date at the end, though. Oh well. We'll know that soon enough, I guess.

Great animation and physics, but if it plays like GTA IV and has the exact same narrative structure (shut up, I hate all the people on my phone) then I can pass.

I was impressed when I played Grand Theft Auto IV. I was convinced when I played Red Dead Redemption. I preordered this when I went to pick up Black Ops II. They gave me a neat poster. Can't wait to play V. The poster has a date of Spring 2013.

Is this even guaranteed to come out on current gen consoles though? Seems to me that if a new console hits next holiday season that this would be a great hit. I'd prefer them to release it on current gen of course but this would sell consoles like hot cakes if it was on the newer one.

The trailer mostly just seems to be cut scenes. I'd like to see more game play. Also really wish they'd take that idiot-friendly "five" off of the logo. :)

[quote name='Wolve11']Is this even guaranteed to come out on current gen consoles though? Seems to me that if a new console hits next holiday season that this would be a great hit. I'd prefer them to release it on current gen of course but this would sell consoles like hot cakes if it was on the newer one.[/QUOTE]

There's an interview with one of the devs, I think?, where they say they (Rockstar) wanted it out at the end of the current gen's life cycle since "most great games come at the end of a generations life cycle". Plus they can now take full advantage of the hardware capabilities.

[quote name='crunchewy']The trailer mostly just seems to be cut scenes. I'd like to see more game play. Also really wish they'd take that idiot-friendly "five" off of the logo. :)[/QUOTE]

The nice part about GTA cutscenes is that always have looked exactly the same as the gameplay graphics.

Attractive and High quality visual effect will be the most attractive shot for the gamer. Height and wide between north and south and east and west will bring in mind of the gamer roaming like a freedom bird. Feeling California is a great gift of newly arrival GTA5. Newly effect of country side scenes and hill tract is another awesome visual shot of GTA5. Without this, new audio effect, online multiplayer confirmation, freedom choice of mission on/off, talking through cell phone, newly added auto, physical movement, no loading system, newly added street names and interiors effect, clothing , transportation and combat, bullet damage will bring great feelings for GTA5 game. We are enthusiastically waiting for arrival of GTA5.

Sept 17th Release Date! That is cool by me since the spring is full of games for once I so not mind some titles getting pushed into fall.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sept 17th Release Date! That is cool by me since the spring is full of games for once I so not mind some titles getting pushed into fall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is me as well and take your time on this beauty.

Car Jack City..please more Car Jack City!

I agree, worth the wait for the extra polish. I played IV for about 3 years, here's hoping the next will be just as deep. Although IMO, Rockstar has never disappointed.

It is unfortunate that this game is pegged for this generation of consoles with no PC release per usual. AC3 was a game where I felt that way as well, though one can get the PC version and enjoy a draw distance further out than 10 feet in front of you.

I'm a little bummed that it's so far off, since, like a lot of people, I was expecting a May release, but maybe this will give me a chance to knock a few more games out of the backlog before it hits.

Link
Rockstar is claiming the latest delay is for "quality reasons". "we want the game to be as good as it needs to be," I don't think that's what they mean, but it's how it came out.

Rockstar announced new trailers detailing the main 3 characters coming out on Tuesday 4/30. They said trailers, as in plural.

Need more hype train!

Did they push it back to November? The date in the topic says 11/14.

Edit: nevermind. Scorch just needs to change that to September. Haven't checked on the game in awhile, and got pissed for a second when I saw 11/14 in the topic... Lol.

New trailers are up featuring all 3 characters. All of them look good, but i think its a toss up
between Trevor and Franklin for the most interesting character.

Biggest thing I noticed, Franklin is wearing green the entire time. Are turf wars coming back from SA? I hope so, some people hated it, but I loved building the gang empire.

Going to have to save some vacation for this, I'll be picking this one up at midnight!

this is going to be awesome... character development in GTA has always been great and this just looks that much better. I might have to play through 4 again soon

Very excited about this. Something different and glad were going to play 3 different main characters and their views instead of one. xD

It's a minor quibble, but in two different previews I've read now, both have remarked that the game didn't blow them away graphically. This surprises me, because all of the screenshots and videos we've seen so far have looked amazing. It would surprise me if Rockstar was releasing bullshots, so I'm wondering if we are seeing stuff from a high-end PC build, or maybe there might even be a next-gen version.

I don't give two fucks about the graphics. Graphics don't make a game, no matter what generation it is. Yeah, it's pretty, but if the game rocks (which this one obviously will... right? .. right?!?) that's all that matters to me.

I just hope that this triple guy system isn't some type of forced co-op/bad AI like they have with Resident Evil. That's what it looks like though.

So I am a little confused on the story. Initially I thought that Michael is the bank robber, but it seems like they are all bank robbers that work together?

[quote name='matrix9280']I just hope that this triple guy system isn't some type of forced co-op/bad AI like they have with Resident Evil. That's what it looks like though.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think Rockstar would put some half baked AI system in a GTA game?

Ok yes in a game as large as GTA there are bound to be some hiccups with the AI, but what I meant was do you really expect them to throw in a half baked AI system throughout the whole game? They wouldn't make the whole game a side kick mission. They aren't stupid. Pointing out random bad AI events that pop up every so often in a game that can take 20-30+ hours to complete does not mean a thing

Bad AI events like the ones in the first and third videos above actually add entertainment to games like GTA for me. As long as they're fairly isolated, that is. Glitches that make it impossible to finish a mission because some AI won't follow you are a pain in the ass, but reloading a save usually fixes that.

Slickkill is not a troll. How dare you redirect me to block him, a fellow battlefield vet..

Bad AI in a R* game is rare. Given the polish of TLAD and TBOGT, GTA V shoiuldnt have many issues.

im hearing that each mission you will have a chance to play one of the guys and can switch mid mission to see how the mission changes with a dif person. that idea could be cool but i hope they have missions also for each person that can only be done with that person.

[quote name='iamsmart']It's a minor quibble, but in two different previews I've read now, both have remarked that the game didn't blow them away graphically. This surprises me, because all of the screenshots and videos we've seen so far have looked amazing. It would surprise me if Rockstar was releasing bullshots, so I'm wondering if we are seeing stuff from a high-end PC build, or maybe there might even be a next-gen version.[/QUOTE]

good chance everything we have seen came from cut scenes nothing more. but in my mind gta 4 looked pretty dang good for the time it came out was the best looking game on 360 and ps3. im sure they have improved on that but graphcis is not everything all about gameplay.

I dunno. I find it difficult to get excited for a series I haven't enjoyed since Vice City. And even then that was mostly due to my younger frame of mind and the novelty of the game at the time. I thought GTA4 was mercilessly boring, so I'm gonna have to pass.

Not that I would have had time to enjoy it. *looks at unopened copies of Borderlands 2, XCOM, and Assassin's Creed 3*

bread's done
Back