Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Edition (X360) $79.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

that sucks.. my bestbuy couldn't even fulfill my preorder. Manager told me they will get another shipment in next week.. which I know is just a flat out lie.

I know exactly how you feel, my Pre-order was also cancelled.

I don't mean to get off topic, but even with the $20 RZ I am not sure if I am going to Pre-order limited editions from Best Buy anymore as I have been having very bad luck. Both my Halo 4 Limited Edition and CoD:Black Ops 2 both got cancelled at midnight release, which is very upsetting as I had Pre-ordered those items almost as soon as they become available to Pre-order. I couldn't even do the $5 deposit because I was out of state, so I had to order online paying full price for in-store pickup and Best Buy sat on my money for months, no reason as to why they should not have a copy for me. (And before someone says they don't actually charge me until it is shipped, that is true but they still freeze the total amount by having it "pending" until you pick it up so you can't touch that money)

And from the two standard edition games that I have bought and picked up in the last few weeks at Best Buy, I have yet to receive my Pre-order bonuses or $20 reward certificate. I asked the CS in the store about the codes and they said I can only receive it in email since it is a BBY order, and every time I call Best Buy they tell me to wait 24 hours to get the codes, yet it's been weeks since I picked up the items.

I always thought the whole point of Pre-ordering in advance is so that when the item is released you will have a guaranteed copy, guess I was wrong.

Back on topic, I ended up picking up the hardened edition, but at this point I am not sure I want to justify spending $80 for it anymore. Guess I will make an executive decision later tonight, lol.

#32 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have the regular game, but thought about getting the HE version. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle of flipping the nuketown dlc on ebay, selling the copy I have now, just to have the steel case and some silly ass avatar crap.

#33 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I had the 360 Hardened Edition pre-ordered from Amazon, but cancelled it at the last minute when they announced that Nuketown Zombies would be released as DLC in December as part of the Season Pass.

I don't care about anything in the HE really, and I wasn't going to pay $80 for effectively the Nuketown 2025 map alone. I'd rather keep an eye out and get the regular edition of the game as cheaply as possible, and then fork over $50 for the Season Pass, which is the real meat of the game IMHO.

Last year Amazon had MW3 Regular on sale for $39.99 on Christmas Day, and I used a $20 Gift Card to snag it for roughly $20. I plan on doing the same with BLOPS2 this year. The whole "paying extra for a season pass" trend makes buying the Collector's Edition seem like a total waste of money.
Posted Image

#34 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dead.

#35 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm a sucker for the steelbook case since MW2, so I got mine ordered at TRU.com when they had it up. It worked with their $30 two games $60+ and I picked up Halo 4 too from them. Always there are pluses and minuses about these special editions, but in the end if it's what you want, then get it and be happy.

:beer:

#36 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I sent back my PS3 Care Package Edition to Amazon. They should have it by monday if anyone wants it keep an eye out for a quick restock.

I'm looking for a Hardened Edition and at this point I'm just praying for a restock. Seems like it's sold out everywhere.

#37 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm a sucker for the steelbook case since MW2, so I got mine ordered at TRU.com when they had it up. It worked with their $30 two games $60+ and I picked up Halo 4 too from them. Always there are pluses and minuses about these special editions, but in the end if it's what you want, then get it and be happy.

In all it wasn't a bad special edition.

The map is, well a map. If you have to have it early then there it is. Along with the camos and themes.

The coins are pretty well made. In terms of premise they are stupid, because if you know anything about challenge coins you know you would get laughed at having a game one. But for a collector of gaming memorabilia its pretty good.

The steel book is pretty well made (better than the ME3 one) and some good cover art.

The avatar props/outfit/theme are just an icing.

Overall not bad.

#38 POMusashi

POMusashi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

If anyone missed out on the care package and is interested in just the quad copter, I'm selling one. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

#39 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I have a care package sitting at a Best buy. Is it worth getting? I already have the vanilla game for me and need a second copy for my kids so we can play zombies but if the copter is junk I will just let the order expire tomorrow and get a vanilla copy.

#40 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have a care package sitting at a Best buy. Is it worth getting? I already have the vanilla game for me and need a second copy for my kids so we can play zombies but if the copter is junk I will just let the order expire tomorrow and get a vanilla copy.

The copter apparently feels like it is going to fall apart by holding it. I would pass

#41 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Like others said, you can pick up the :ps3: and resell it, if you have good eBay feedback. I cancelled mine because the drone is made out of foam, and the "repair kit" is just some orange tape. I don't know what got into me when I believed they would actually put in a good copter that is worth $100.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#42 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I see, dang that's crazy. That flying thing is pretty cool I guess

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Why? If you don't mind me asking

Also their is a much larger global audience for Region 1 (U.S./Canada) PS3 games because they are region free unlike most NTSC Xbox 360 games.

#44 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

The copter apparently feels like it is going to fall apart by holding it. I would pass

Thanks for the info. Think I will just let the order expire. Don't want to mess with eBay for this due to shipping size and my cost with tax, eBay and PayPal fees don't leave much room for profit (Xbox version as well). Cost was around 190, eBay/PayPal fees around 32, shipping cost would be in the $17 range for parcel and $30 plus or more for priority and the current auctions are only going for 250-260 shipped

#45 9999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock for the XBOX360.
PS3 versions are still out of stock.

If anyone is still wondering about the Care Package edition, as TooPoor has mentioned, the drone's copter wheels are made out of foam (as in very thin styrofoam). I think if you were to crash it into pillows, it would still obliterate into couple pieces.
The remote control is actually better quality than the copter.
It's best to fly this thing indoors, in fact the instructions even tell you that's recommended.
Everything in the care package is nicely fitted with cardboard so at least your drone doesn't come disintegrated.

If you were to take out all the contents, there's probably enough room to fit a Fighting Stick or sticks in there. I mainly got it for the case anyway and will probably give the other stuff to friends that don't have the game yet (I don't even have a 360).

#46 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock [Xbox 360]

They aren't "still" in stock. The hardened edition came back in stock for a few hours on release day and apparently popped back up this evening. There are currently less the 5 back in stock.

I hadn't see the care package back in stock at all this week and if you check Amazon has one available.

#47 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

The Hardened Edition and Care Package edition are still in stock for the XBOX360.
PS3 versions are still out of stock.

If anyone is still wondering about the Care Package edition, as TooPoor has mentioned, the drone's copter wheels are made out of foam (as in very thin styrofoam). I think if you were to crash it into pillows, it would still obliterate into couple pieces.
The remote control is actually better quality than the copter.
It's best to fly this thing indoors, in fact the instructions even tell you that's recommended.
Everything in the care package is nicely fitted with cardboard so at least your drone doesn't come disintegrated.

If you were to take out all the contents, there's probably enough room to fit a Fighting Stick or sticks in there. I mainly got it for the case anyway and will probably give the other stuff to friends that don't have the game yet (I don't even have a 360).

That foam is durable. It's been taking a beating lately with me and my friends. Definitely not worth $100, but you're not going to break it too easily.The hardened edition was probably the best version to buy though. Everyone seems to be crazy over the Nuketown 2025 zombies even though if you buy the xbox season pass you'll get it.

Edited by scblueeyedguy, 20 November 2012 - 04:56 AM.