Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Watch for Sandy Relief 20.00 + 7.95 shipping

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#61 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

The irony. I ordered one from Amazon which got shipped back because NYC was undeliverable. Called Amazon to see if they could resend but was told sorry we don't have it anymore but you can order it for 100 from one of our resells.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Looks like they are back in stock. Just bought one.

#63 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I just ordered and received order confirmation. Did you guys receive an email after saying it was out or were you not able to check out? Also does anyone have a stylus they would recommend for a vita?

#64 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

dang. they didn't get my previous order.. and now it is out of stock :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#65 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

I would like to get one but I wish also that you could choose a colour. I want a green one but I got a blue one from the preorder bonus.

#66 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

dang. they didn't get my previous order.. and now it is out of stock :/

It's showing stock now!

BumslieOG.png

#67 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just tried to order one, and got this message:

Man, I haven't seen you post in awhile.

#68 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

It's showing stock now!

i missed it again. just 10mins ><

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#69 POMusashi

POMusashi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

If anyone missed out, I have a brand new green LED watch I might be willing to sell. Feel free to PM if you're interested. Thanks!

#70 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

the stock just came back! just got mine with confirmation email! go for it guys!

#71 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yesh. Got one. The $20 price tag was fine since, like many agree, it's for charity. Shipping, however... $8? Oh well.

#72 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

17 left!!! :booty:

#73 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yesh. Got one. The $20 price tag was fine since, like many agree, it's for charity. Shipping, however... $8? Oh well.

So you're saying it wouldn't be worth $8 if you had to pay for the watch? Just consider the $20 a straight donation to charity.

I have no idea how anyone can complain about the shipping when the whole 20 goes to sandy relief.

#74 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

So you're saying it wouldn't be worth $8 if you had to pay for the watch? Just consider the $20 a straight donation to charity.

I have no idea how anyone can complain about the shipping when the whole 20 goes to sandy relief.

What I'm saying is $8 in shipping for a watch is a bit much in general — I can get a PSU from Newegg and pay $6 in shipping... an item that can be quite a bit heavier. Furthermore, it would arrive before this watch.

My point is that I didn't find the shipping appropriate, but I didn't call out anyone and basically say, "YOU GUYS ARE SUCKERS!" or "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE PAYING THAT MUCH FOR SHIPPING!" or "THIS SHIPPING BLOWS! YOU GUYS NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!"

Anyway, I hope your day is going well. Wasn't trying to argue or anything, just pointing out my side of the story.

#75 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

What I'm saying is $8 in shipping for a watch is a bit much in general — I can get a PSU from Newegg and pay $6 in shipping... an item that can be quite a bit heavier. Furthermore, it would arrive before this watch.

My point is that I didn't find the shipping appropriate, but I didn't call out anyone and basically say, "YOU GUYS ARE SUCKERS!" or "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE PAYING THAT MUCH FOR SHIPPING!" or "THIS SHIPPING BLOWS! YOU GUYS NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!"

Anyway, I hope your day is going well. Wasn't trying to argue or anything, just pointing out my side of the story.

i felt the same way about the shipping for this lightweight product is lulz.

#76 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Goodness. The spoiled and entitled even find a way to complain about charity. Not every company is Amazon or Newegg. Meaning not every company can negotiate super cheap shipping rates with carriers based on volume. What huge companies pay for shipping compared to what a smaller company pay is very different.

When you take into account mailing boxes, packaging material, labor, and then the actual shipping cost $8 is around fair for something like this.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#77 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Goodness. The spoiled and entitled even find a way to complain about charity. Not every company is Amazon or Newegg. Meaning not every company can negotiate super cheap shipping rates with carriers based on volume. What huge companies pay for shipping compared to what a smaller company pay is very different.

When you take into account mailing boxes, packaging material, labor, and then the actual shipping cost $8 is around fair for something like this.

You know I'd be even willing to pay $10 for shipping if it was through Amazon. I have Amazon credit. ($30 and free super shipper savings or whatever combination like $20 for the watch and $10 shipping.) Just because it is for charity. I wouldn't care if Amazon tried to make $10 off of these as long as $20 went to charity.

I do agree that ~$8 shipping isn't really that bad. I'd buy more than 1 if it weren't for the limit 1 per household thing. I'd be willing to pay $8 for each watch I ordered too!

#78 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Exactly, it's not like people are ordering stuff off of Aksys's website every second, I know this is the first time I've ordered from them.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#79 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Gosh! People sure enjoy labeling each other. If I replied to your "spoiled" and "entitled" with "childish" and "cheeky," it wouldn't make be any better than you, so I won't.

Look, I acknowledge the charity drive using the watches as incentives. Even if there wasn't a watch involved, I would still donate money if Aksys was doing the drive because not only does it help Aksys's PR, it goes to a needed and good cause.

My critique for the shipping cost was due to the fact that they charged $8 for a small, cardboard box that costs maybe $1 (which we don't even know if it's mailed in a box), another $1 for any extra materials, labor (this is a charity, for crying out loud, and people should be volunteering as I have in the past), and sending it would be around $4, for a total of $6 at the most. Granted, this is a mere idea of costs (again, not including labor) and shouldn't be taken as real prices.

Part of me thinks, "Hey, easy Wetrix, it really is for a charity and shipping shouldn't bother you." And, after the purchase, it really didn't. It wasn't until I had the, "Hey, you, stop complaining" and "You're just spoiled!" remarks that had me reply. The other part of me just thinks, "Forget them. They know it's true that they wouldn't pay $30 shipping even if you threw the 'charity' word at them."

In the end, I want to apologize if I offended any of you. All I wanted to do was post a simple comment and move on. I'm not perfect; far from it, and realize that the shipping cost really is fair.

#80 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

will they cancel the order if i order 2?

#81 Vanillanowah

Vanillanowah

Mmm, vanilla-ey.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Anyone think they might re-stock again, or is that it?

Ugh, can't believe I missed out again. First Amazon cancels my pre-order, now I'm too late to pick up this one.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the news:
Thank you very much for your support of our Red Cross Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts fundraiser!
We appreciate your passion and love for Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward! Unfortunately, we are now officially sold out of the watches. We will be sure to let everyone know how much we were able to raise for those affected by this terrible disaster. Thank you again!

Welp, there's that. I gotta say, I'm pretty annoyed that they had watches left over, after they cancelled my pre-order and told me there were no more watches available. Oh well.

Edited by Vanillanowah, 16 November 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image
^Click it for full trophy list.
:ps3:Killzone HD (& Skyrim, off & on)
:pc:Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P & Paranormal
:wii:U: Nintendo Land (& Skyward Sword,)
PS Vita: Gravity Rush & WipEout 2048
:3ds:Nothing right now.
:ds:Re-playing 999 for fun.
Click for Swagbucks referral link.

#82 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Just to throw this out there, after the Red Cross gets the $20 only around $6-$7 will actually get used for what it was intended for. Not one of my favorite organizations to give too but you do get a really cool watch.

#83 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Just to throw this out there, after the Red Cross gets the $20 only around $6-$7 will actually get used for what it was intended for. Not one of my favorite organizations to give too but you do get a really cool watch.

yeah, I'm gonna need a link for that.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#84 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

yeah, I'm gonna need a link for that.

http://www.charityna...mary&orgid=3277

Well, that's just for the charity itself. Hey may be referring to the amount of money that gets sent to them for Purpose X and is then used for Purpose Y. That would be more believable.

#85 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

I didn't read all the responses BUT $8 is pretty gross for this item.

It weighs just a few ounces (~3). It is very cheaply made (let's be honest) and weighs significantly less then a standard high quality watch. It is very cool though; as is the idea of giving the proceeds to charity.

Regardless you could ship this in a small box for about $3 via USPS First Class Mail and receive it in 2-5 days.

Hell they could mail it priority mail for about $5-$6.

Again I understand the charity thing. If I didn't have each color (and an extra that I'm giving away in my CAG giveaway thread) I'd buy an extra.

#86 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Some of you guys are f'ing insane.

If they said $30 w/ free shipping and they'd donate $20 of each purchase to charity, you guys would be falling all over yourselves talking about how great Aksys is. But since they break it out to $20 + 8, some of you just bitch about the $8. Lawd almighty.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#87 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

that's more than most charities.. which is why i rarely give to charities

#88 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

I didn't read all the responses BUT $8 is pretty gross for this item.

It weighs just a few ounces (~3). It is very cheaply made (let's be honest) and weighs significantly less then a standard high quality watch. It is very cool though; as is the idea of giving the proceeds to charity.

Regardless you could ship this in a small box for about $3 via USPS First Class Mail and receive it in 2-5 days.

Hell they could mail it priority mail for about $5-$6.

Again I understand the charity thing. If I didn't have each color (and an extra that I'm giving away in my CAG giveaway thread) I'd buy an extra.

there is more to shipping than what USPS charges... there is insurance, cost of the box, cost of the labor to pack the order, cost of transporting the package to wherever they drop it off.

#89 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

I have no idea how anyone can complain...

Some of you guys are f'ing insane.

If they said $30 w/ free shipping and they'd donate $20 of each purchase to charity, you guys would be falling all over yourselves talking about how great Aksys is. But since they break it out to $20 + 8, some of you just bitch about the $8. Lawd almighty.

Oh, the irony.

#90 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Oh, the irony.

Oh do explain how this is "irony." :roll: