Reward Zone Silver Black Friday Early Access 11/19/12 LIST IN OP

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

#181 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Interesting. I thought the best buy ad showed skylanders for the wii only. Looks like all platforms are avail for the 39.99 price.

#182 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Might have to jump on that galaxy tab so I can avoid best buy on bf.

#183 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Anyone have an opinion on the $180 Samsung sound bar.

I've been in the market for a soundbar too and it caught my eye,

But this soundbar can be bought right now from Amazon for $178 + free shipping. Model of it is HW-E450.

The sale is going to be crazy, their website will crawl and the phone wait time will be long, so I wouldn't waste my time bothering with BBs sale price.

(btw the bar gets decent reviews but from what I read there are much better options available for that price point)

#184 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hmm... I see only the black 360 controller is on sale on the website. I wonder if in store the other ones will be available as well. (Hoping Halo 4 controller)

xivpads.png

#185 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Not sure if these questions have been asked yet, but here goes:

1) Does anyone know if items that involve a free gift card with purchase (on BF that is) will also have that same perk for the early access sale on the 19th? I have a feeling we'll find out for sure on the 18th when they e-mail us the specific deals that we'll be getting on the 19th, but does anyone know what happens in regards to the gift card giveaways (from their previous experiences during this sale)?

2) As for the sale itself, are we just supposed to shop as usual through the regular BB.com site? How does that prevent non-premiere silver members from participating then... or are the BF discounts reflected at checkout for registered premiere members only (and others are charged the standard price)? Just trying to get some details about how the process actually works.

3) Finally, are quantities for smaller items (like games and movies) also restricted to just 1 per transaction?

1. Don't know, but my best guess would be that any BF deal on the early access deal would be honored the same.

2. Add your Reward Zone member number to your BestBuy.com account. That's how they know if you're Silver or not.

3. Probably just one per order, yeah.

Actually, you'll find that your RZ member no. has already been added to your BB.com account if you've purchased anything from BB.com. You don't even need to do it manually (unless you've never shopped online at BB.com before and therefore are not even registered with BB.com).

But that's not really what I was asking about anyway. I just wanted to understand the process by which BB.com would prevent the NON-Premiere Silver members from getting in on this deal. I mean they can also go to BB.com tomorrow an order those exact same items that are noted on the Black Firday ad. So what bars them from eating up the stock that are supposed to be reserved for us premiere silver members? Would they be prevented from getting those discounted sale prices at checkout just because their BB.com accounts show that they're not silver members? Is that how it works?

#186 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Actually, you'll find that your RZ member no. has already been added to your BB.com account if you've purchased anything from BB.com. You don't even need to do it manually (unless you've never shopped online at BB.com before and therefore are not even registered with BB.com).

I actually had to reconfirm with the system because at first it said I wasn't a Premier Silver Member. I just went thru the steps again, same account and everything, and it worked.

xivpads.png

#187 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Looks like I'll be trying for Dead Island in the morning.

#188 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

So, how exactly is this gonna work? Do the prices flip when the sale starts? Is there a special store front for us silver members?
Posted Image

#189 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

So, how exactly is this gonna work? Do the prices flip when the sale starts? Is there a special store front for us silver members?

Did you read this at all? http://www.bestbuy.com/preview20121118

#190 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Ah, you have to click on the rewards zone link. Got it.
Posted Image

#191 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

For people who bought stuff on their smart phones last year, is there a special link to the sale on the mobile site and/or the BB app, or do the sale prices show up when you add the sale items to the cart when you are singed in? Just got a smart phone and I'm looking for a backup plan in case the regular site keeps crashing.

#192 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

It's days like this I'm glad my wife has wealthy family. No way I could afford to spend $2500/yr. at Best Buy, but family can. And they're willing to shop for me while I'm at work.

#193 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

It's days like this I'm glad my wife has wealthy family. No way I could afford to spend $2500/yr. at Best Buy, but family can. And they're willing to shop for me while I'm at work.

It seems strange, but I believe game trade-in's count towards your dollar total. That's how my amount is so high this year.

#194 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Will most likely use of my $20 preorder certificates on Assassin's Creed 3. $15 out of pocket isn't too bad.

Edit: Best Buy says the "World of Warcraft: Mists of Panaria" is going to be $15 too, except it isn't listed (because the mispelt it?) Hopefully I can get that one and cancel my Frys backorder.

Edited by Link2999, 19 November 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#195 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

So we can only claim the deal once or 1 object per deal?

#196 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

All games have been pulled from BestBuy.com, they now say "coming soon".. so no adding to your cart early.

For people who bought stuff on their smart phones last year, is there a special link to the sale on the mobile site and/or the BB app, or do the sale prices show up when you add the sale items to the cart when you are singed in? Just got a smart phone and I'm looking for a backup plan in case the regular site keeps crashing.

Read the OP.. link your RZ # w/ your BestBuy account

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#197 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

I am so up for this. This will be my first BF as a Premier Silver member, so I'll try to get the most out of it. :D

Same here! I'm hoping to get the Black Ops Vita Bundle, Most Wanted, Medal Of Honor, Borderlads 2, and ACIII.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#198 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

All games have been pulled from BestBuy.com, they now say "coming soon".. so no adding to your cart early.

Well this is most likely a good thing since they had all sorts of issues last year. Seems like they are already more prepared. I really do not want to stay up but last year the sale went live early for awhile before they shut it down. Could maybe happen again?
Posted Image

#199 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

It seems strange, but I believe game trade-in's count towards your dollar total. That's how my amount is so high this year.

That's because you're "buying" a gift card. Purchasing a gift card gets you points, buying stuff with a gift card doesn't since you've already made your points.

I'm excited for tomorrow. I never go out on BF and this promotion is perfect.

#200 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

is call to juarez any good guys?

dead island and kingdom hearts for sure

#201 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Oh god no, that game is hot garbage.

#202 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

I wish they would set it up for in-store as well

#203 krighton

krighton

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

i wish they'd try to get a bit closer to walmart's prices....most of the games they're offering are $9.00 higher than WM's. Though maybe it's worth $9 to stay home and order online.

#204 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Sorry if this has been answered but ive been really busy getting the house ready for Thanksgiving and didn't have time to read through the whole thread. I just got an email about this the other day and plan on getting a couple of games. I just wanted to check how it works exactly

Do i have to go into the store, or will it be fine to just buy it online for an in store pickup? If in store pickup doesn't work, does it have to be stuff that can be shipped to my house? Just looking for some clarification. Oh.. and it says 11am EST... that would be 8AM Pacific time right?

Also... is the only Vita listed going to be the COD one? I was hopping to get an assasin creed one for $200 bucks.

dead island and kingdom hearts for sure

Its ok.. its not as bad as everyone is saying. For 8 bucks its a buy.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#205 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Oh.. and it says 11am EST... that would be 8AM Pacific time right?

http://www.time.gov

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#206 jello44

jello44

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Also... is the only Vita listed going to be the COD one? I was hopping to get an assasin creed one for $200 bucks.

http://blog.us.plays...s3-and-ps-vita/

Though I don't know if best Buy is going to do it or not.

#207 ncaalover12

ncaalover12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

There is no store pickup for this sale. In the fine print.

^^^^ was just gonna post this

"Quantities are limited. No rainchecks. Offer valid only for Reward Zone Premier Silver members on Monday, November 19, 2012 starting at 11 AM ET, and while supplies last. Limit one of each offer per Premier Silver membership, subject to availability. Offers are NOT VALID at Best Buy stores and items purchased through this special event may not be picked up in stores. The Best Buy Price Match Guarantee does not apply to the limited quantity items included in this event and is not valid on prior purchases."

#208 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

http://blog.us.plays...s3-and-ps-vita/

Though I don't know if best Buy is going to do it or not.

There is no way to know - I think that they will be offering the AC Vita in store at that price on Black Friday -- but, I do not think it will be part of this preview. The preview is just what was in their flyer. However, it doesn't hurt to check tomorrow when the sale goes live, right? :)

#209 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Wasn't what I was asking about. My account's been linked since I got it because of the free shipping. I wanted to know if the deal showed up on the app or if there was a link on the mobile site. After messing around with the app for a minute, I don't think it does. I was able to get to it though by going from the link in my email to the best buy mobile page, so I bookmarked the stuff I want in case the regular site is crashing. I'm good to go.

#210 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Think I'll probably stick with Dead Island and that's it...gotta try and save a little up for everyone else's gifts. Last year I spent wayyyy too much and some of them are still in my backlog, lol.