OTThanks-taking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

#481 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Off to the model train show. Where it's a mix of innocent young children with their parents and creepy old single guys. I'll be the one yelling "Don't touch the train when it's moving!" and "We have Thomas at home"

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#482 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

You like all things good, and you're a good person too. You're like, the nicest OTTer out of all of us.

I'm the nicest, so Fuck you cocksucker.

#483 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'll never understand why Hardees thinks commercials of dudes giving blowjobs to hamburgers help move their food.

#484 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'm the nicest, so Fuck you cocksucker.

Nah brah, one time you said I liked bad games.

Speaking of which! Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, even after it loses my saved game and I have to start wayyyy back after hours of playing.

#485 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Nah brah, one time you said I liked bad games.

Speaking of which! Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, even after it loses my saved game and I have to start wayyyy back after hours of playing.

I've been putting entirely way too much time into Far Cry 3. Almost finished up the first island but I've been avoiding story missions. Got to say though, despite how much I'm enjoying it I'm not actually enjoying it more than I did Far Cry 2. Something's missing that I'm not sure what it is. Also wish there was more of a survival aspect to this one. I've crafted all but one pouch so now I technically have no reason to hunt anymore, and that's lame.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#486 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I've been putting entirely way too much time into Far Cry 3. Almost finished up the first island but I've been avoiding story missions. Got to say though, despite how much I'm enjoying it I'm not actually enjoying it more than I did Far Cry 2. Something's missing that I'm not sure what it is. Also wish there was more of a survival aspect to this one. I've crafted all but one pouch so now I technically have no reason to hunt anymore, and that's lame.

8-[

Far Cry 2 was straight up garbitch. What, are you crazy or something?

#487 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

End of the weekend. 80% ? of the xmas shopping done.

Started Eternal Sonata, gave it a half hour, got bored, may not go back. Will give myself one more night spamming friendship missions in DWG3 in order to unlock the last few things, if nothing happens moving on.

Saints Row 2? It came free with plus, and I should try it out.... Have Portal 2 on the shelf too that I've meant to start as well....

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#488 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I can double post if it's 12 hours between posts.

Morning. Ya'll.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#489 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

8-[

Far Cry 2 was straight up garbitch. What, are you crazy or something?

I always hear that but I never see it. The only issues I really had with the game was with the instant respawning outposts, the lack of friendly AI, and the repetitive nature of the weapons dealer missions. Overall the world was beautiful, the guns had kick, the missions were truly open ended (something Far Cry 3 lacks. I want to blow up a base with a mortar from a mile away dammit) and the ending was fantastic.

Right now I'm at 10/14 story mission in Far Cry 3. The story is better, and the characters are definitely better, but the world is so under-utilized. I've already finished all possible crafting recipes, so now I have literally no reason to continue hunting. At this point I have enough signature weapons that I never need to buy any (and even if I did, they're free thanks to Radio Towers). I am so ridiculously powerful thanks to my skills that I don't fear any hostile encounter (and for playing on Hard, this game is laughably easy).

The only thing I'm left wondering about is the fact that I've yet to hit the second island at all, so I'm curious where the story goes after this point.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#490 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I can double post if it's 12 hours between posts.

Morning. Ya'll.

It wasn't quite 12 hours...

:spam:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#491 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Far Cry 2 could've been good but the random encounters were outrageously annoying. Every 20 feet I'd get ambushed by dudes in jeeps. I couldn't get any missions done because I kept having to fight people. After about 10 hours or so I got fed up and quit. Its too bad too cause I liked the story, loved the graphics, and loved the African setting.

The fire system was awesome though. It really made you think sometimes when you knew the stuff around you would catch if you used a certain weapon or blew up a jeep but you had nowhere to escape to if things caught fire and the wind was blowing your way.

Posted Image

#492 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

The fire propagation gave me one of my all time best gaming moments. I was on a mission to oversee some kind of deal out in a prairie. It seemed easy enough so I didn't bother to go and restock my ammo or health or anything. I arrive at the site and all is well, but then a bunch of jeeps show up and the area is flooded with enemies. I try to fight but it's too much so I pull a hail mary. I throw a molotov blindly then dive into a hole in the ground. After a few minutes the shooting stops so I go out and see what I wrought. The fire had spread (and was still spreading) through the prairie and had taken out every enemy in sight. The entire are was scorched barren.

That kind of emergent solution is what made me love Far Cry 2.

Also, the random encounters are blown really out of proportion. I never fought one I didn't want to, either bypassing it completely through other trails or just blazing through it and never looking back. I honestly almost miss it, since the entire island in Far Cry 3 has now been pacified I spend all my time driving and no time actually doing anything.

#493 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Also, the random encounters are blown really out of proportion. I never fought one I didn't want to, either bypassing it completely through other trails or just blazing through it and never looking back. I honestly almost miss it, since the entire island in Far Cry 3 has now been pacified I spend all my time driving and no time actually doing anything.

Maybe my game was glitched or something. I couldn't seem to get away from those assholes. :lol:

Posted Image

#494 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Started playing Digimon Masters Online. Game is pretty good. the beginning was alittle hard for someone whos never played a mmo but its a really good game. took me about 2 hours to figure out i wasnt even in the digimon world yet.

#495 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

It's nearly time to end Ott-Thanks Taking and now begin the many days of HanukkOTT.

I think i grabbed the last $3.99 copy of the new Colbert book from Amazon. Glad I saw the sale before it was over.

Also, that's a sweet deal for Ass Creed 3. 23 after vita coupon plus $3 video credit, $3 extra trade in credit, and $3 in digital download credit.

#496 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

It's nearly time to end Ott-Thanks Taking and now begin the many days of HanukkOTT.

KwanzOTT!

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#497 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Why not celebrate both? Like Sid the Science Kid!

https://encrypted-tb...5VdqgLrVY39iS2g

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#498 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

KwanzOTT!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#499 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Maybe my game was glitched or something. I couldn't seem to get away from those assholes. :lol:

Nope. That was the very reason I quit playing too. It was annoying.

#500 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Oh, and those stupid convoy missions too. F that S in the A.

The encounters in FC3 are by far more organic than the last game.

#501 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Nope. That was the very reason I quit playing too. It was annoying.

It's 2 against 1. That means we're right. I should've known. Sneaky loves broken games like Far Cry 2 but hates masterpieces like F3AR. :whee:

Posted Image

#502 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hey, Im still posting in this OTT.

It's like my own private OTT.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.