OTThanks-taking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to post the link to this thread in the old one but it kept logging me out. Anybody else being logged out randomly? It's been happening to me a bit too often.

Morning, OTT.

Parent-Teacher conferences today...who's in? I assume it will go something like this...

Number84's teacher - "He's Brilliant, but Lazy...He could have 100 Average, if he would just do his homework."

Me - "What is his average now?"

Teacher - "98.2"

Me - "He's grounded!"
___

Number85's Teacher - "She's wonderful to have in my class, does all of her work, gets good grades. However she likes to talk...a LOT"

Me - "Of course she does, she's a girl."

Teacher - "Ok, I think we're done here".

My son won a 16GB iPad 2 in the raffle at his end of year Football Banquet...Best $40 I ever spent on Raffle Tickets.

Oh, he doesn't know yet, so if you see him don't tell him. We're giving it to him for a Christmas present...:whistle2:$

This week they schedule me for 0 hours and next week they have me for 28, which includes a 12 hour shift, a 4am-2pm shift right after working until 11pm on Thanksgiving ! Horray!

At least I have a job.

BEST SONG EVER!!!!
__

Thats the way to look at it, 2D. Just remember as bad as you feel you have it, there is always somebody else that has it 2X worse.

[quote name='Number83']My son won a 16GB iPad 2 in the raffle at his end of year Football Banquet...Best $40 I ever spent on Raffle Tickets.

Oh, he doesn't know yet, so if you see him don't tell him. We're giving it to him for a Christmas present...:whistle2:$[/QUOTE]
Daaaang.

Awesome score!

[quote name='Number83']No I have not. I havent even played the original Angry Birds...:oops:

I dont see what all the hype is about.[/QUOTE]

Of course you don't see what the hype is about, you haven't played it! :shock:

Seriously though, it isn't ground breaking or anything but it kills time nicely.

I'm trying to play Blops 2 but I have to go through all this setup bullshit. Man, just gimmie dat blops 2!

I've heard that about the respawning, though some were saying that they weren't any worse than the original blops.

Didn't notice the other OTT was closed. Thought we were just going on a little posting drought again.

Anywho - I didn't get a free Xbox Live console for being a 10 year member but I did get a free hat for my avatar!

[quote name='Maklershed']Didn't notice the other OTT was closed. Thought we were just going on a little posting drought again.

Anywho - I didn't get a free Xbox Live console for being a 10 year member but I did get a free hat for my avatar![/QUOTE]

I was going to ask you...weren't you an original charter member of XBL? or was that the KKK...I forget now...

[quote name='Maklershed']Sweet - Lincoln comes out today[/QUOTE]

:highfive:

But the likleyhood I can get Mrs. Number83 to go see that over Twilight 2 is Zero, so I'm faking sickness.

I dunno. I saw the trailer for Lincoln and it looked kinda cheesy. Like, if you had a comedy and, within that comedy, they were showing a trailer for a Lincoln movie. I think it's the way DDL delivers his lines.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I dunno. I saw the trailer for Lincoln and it looked kinda cheesy. Like, if you had a comedy and, within that comedy, they were showing a trailer for a Lincoln movie. I think it's the way DDL delivers his lines.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm not sure we saw the same trailer. Sure you weren't watching an SNL skit?[/QUOTE]

Acting! Genius! Thank you! No, Thank YOU!
(Tried to find that old Jon Lovitz Master Thespian SNL skit, but couldn't)

Isn't Lincoln like 3 hours long? It has VERY IMPORTANT HISTORICAL DRAMA OSCAR WINNER written all over it.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm not sure we saw the same trailer. Sure you weren't watching an SNL skit?[/QUOTE]

The Louie parody?

(For the record, I don't watch SNL, somebody made me watch it)

Link me the one you saw. Maybe I did see something else.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Well that was quick. Disney already has star wars in their commercials for disney world.[/QUOTE]

There is some star wars thing down there. Evidently it's been there for a while. I thought the same thing when I was down there until I asked.

I sent a comic to the CGC to be professionally graded: Dick Tracy Monthly #4. They gave it an 8.0! Worth around $150 in that condition - maybe more if I find the right buyer.

I paid $45ish for it. :)

Edit: Why is my facebook newsfeed getting blown up with Twinkie talk..? C'mon.

Last edited:
It's a company that makes beloved American food products thats failure gets to be blamed on Obama for Republicans or greedy CEOs for Democrats. It's a perfect political football for the moment.

I'm not sure I've ever eaten a Hostess item. Not even a Twinkie. I'm not above eating pure trash but they seemed particularly dumpy.

Twinkie's haven't stayed around for this long without people loving them. What people don't realize is that Hostess is selling off their assets and you can bet that Little Debbie or somebody is going to pick up Twinkies, Ho-Hos, etc. and make them the exact same just under a different brand.

[quote name='Maklershed']It's a company that makes beloved American food products that's failure gets to be blamed on Obama for Republicans or greedy CEOs for Democrats. It's a perfect political football for the moment.

I'm not sure I've ever eaten a Hostess item. Not even a Twinkie. I'm not above eating pure trash but they seemed particularly dumpy.[/QUOTE]

They bail out car makers but not Hostess? What...ever.

My facebook newsfeed was straight-up nauseating during the election...

There are at least 2 dozen people on my friends list that are convinced that Obama is the champion of the everyman (lolllllll!), and feel that if you think Obama stinks, you must be a Republican. The Illuminati has them right where they want them.

This last election was mighty black and white. Pun intended.

I just got off the phone with a guy claiming to be from Microsoft. He tells me they detected a virus on my computer and wanted me to install a program called TeamViewer to solve the problem. I hung up the phone (without installing the program) and found this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/98111-teamviewer-scam-beware.html.

Long story short, the guy wanted me to install this program so he can see what is on my screen and get my personal information. The program is real; the person is a scam artist.

Just wanted to pass this warning in case anyone else starts getting weird calls like the one I received.

Started listening to some podcasts for the first time. Really liked CAGcast, good blend of funny and informative. Listened to Joystiqs podcast. It was very informative but kinda boring...maybe cause i picked the wii u episode. Also listened to MBMBAN, it was funny but i found Justins voice extremely annoying to listed to.
I think im going to give joystiq another try but for now im just sticking with CAGcast.

[quote name='Cage017']I just got off the phone with a guy claiming to be from Microsoft. He tells me they detected a virus on my computer and wanted me to install a program called TeamViewer to solve the problem. I hung up the phone (without installing the program) and found this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/98111-teamviewer-scam-beware.html.

Long story short, the guy wanted me to install this program so he can see what is on my screen and get my personal information. The program is real; the person is a scam artist.

Just wanted to pass this warning in case anyone else starts getting weird calls like the one I received.[/QUOTE]
That's insane.

I would have had a ball fucking with that guy.

I wonder how long somebody could fuck with them before forcing them to break character or hang up out of frustration. Just typing on a keyboard, pretending to not know how to get on the internet, going on other sites, etc.

[quote name='ced']I wonder how long somebody could fuck with them before forcing them to break character or hang up out of frustration. Just typing on a keyboard, pretending to not know how to get on the internet, going on other sites, etc.[/QUOTE]
Hours and hours if you randomly mention your stock market and banking applications on your desktop.

Somehow I lost my that triple controller. Wanted to actually play something on it for the first time in months, and now I guess I have to buy a new controller for it first.

I pretty much like everything about Blops 2 EXCEPT the weapons. I can't think of one that I like all that much. The shotguns are weak as shit and the single and burst fire rifles are useless as always.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I pretty much like everything about Blops 2 EXCEPT the weapons. I can't think of one that I like all that much. The shotguns are weak as shit and the single and burst fire rifles are useless as always.[/QUOTE]

There's a decent AR I've been using, the M27. I like it better than the SCAR later on. I run overkill with the MP7 as well, and I have dexterity as perk 3 to switch between the two quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back