Buyers paying incorrect amount

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Just curious about peoples experiences with buyers paying the incorrect amount at the end of an auction. I had a mega buyer (500k feedback, all private) buy two items and he picked local versus shipping first class/priority. The buyer is in Illinois so I guessing they will not drive 500 miles to pickup an item. i did send the buyer two emails with no response. The invoice clearly listed all the prices as did the auction terms. If the buyer wants the items shipped I think he should pay for the service rather than me eating the cost. Wondering about refunding the payment and sending a new invoice. I am guessing this wont end well but after thousand of transactions without a problem it was bound to happen. If I refunded his payment and he doesn't pay the appropriate amount can I file a Non Paying Bidder claim? Since the amount was less than the terms of the auction. If he ignores the claim I don't think he could than leave negative feedback due to NPB. I guess if it was a new buyer I would be more understanding but as a mega buyer ( I am sure he is a reseller which is fine) I wonder if he is playing the system (thus the private feedback. He is not selling from the account so I don't know why he would care feedback)

We haven't had that exact problem, but we did have a problem with a buyer. Long story short.............he left us negative feedback over a month and half after the auction, saying he never received the item. A day or so later, we receive the package back in the mail, saying that he REFUSED the delivery. We have been trying to get ebay to remove it (it is the only negative we have had), but so far they haven't responded. So good luck with it. :)

If it's a light-weight item, why even offer local pick-up? I think you're asking for trouble by doing that; it's like if somebody on Craigslist flaked on you and had the power of ebay buyer protection on top of that.

He is not selling from the account so I don't know why he would care feedback

Many Ebay veterans have two accounts, one for buying and one for selling. Some even have a third one just for posting on the Ebay forums.

Since you did a local pickup only sale then you're under no obligation to ship the item. If they don't pay, then file a NPB claim. And if they leave negative feedback because of it, I'm sure Ebay will side with you since they asked for the item to be shipped on a local pickup sale.

[quote name='twiceborn']Many Ebay veterans have two accounts, one for buying and one for selling. Some even have a third one just for posting on the Ebay forums.

Since you did a local pickup only sale then you're under no obligation to ship the item. If they don't pay, then file a NPB claim. And if they leave negative feedback because of it, I'm sure Ebay will side with you since they asked for the item to be shipped on a local pickup sale.[/QUOTE]

I know that they have multiple accounts just wasn't sure what the need to have private feedback on an all buyer account. (unless the name of the buying and selling account was similar)

In the end things seemed to have worked out alright. I never heard anything from buyer and after two days I refunded the payment and sent an updated invoice which he paid the next day. Mailed out and still haven't heard anything from the buyer. We will see what feedback they leave if any.

bread's done
Back