Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Edition Target Clearance $83.98 (YMMV)

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay, so I was just perusing in the videogame section of my local Target in Dadeland, FL and I saw two Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Editions for the 360 that was clearanced for $83.98, which is almost $36 off the MSRP. At first I asked the customer service rep if there was anything wrong with these copies as they looked like they may have been opened (they were behind a glass case).

He said not that he knows of and he opened the case and I inspected both and there was NOTHING wrong with them whatsoever. Even he could not believe the price as he said they must have made a mistake. He scanned the game and it did show up as a clearanced item. This game came out only a few weeks ago so the guy called the supervisor and according to him, since they will not be getting any more of these versions and they need to free up space for the holidays rush like Wii U, all of the Targets should be doing the same IN STORE ONLY. He got a memo to do so, but I looked online anyways and it is still $115. I had him check for the PS3 and it was sold out but there were some in the local area Targets along with more 360 versions.

I am not sure if this is active nationwide, but I hope it is as it is definitely worth checking out. If you did buy this edition from Target already, you could always get the price adjustment. Also, you could always reference the Dadeland, FL Target (305) 668 - 0262 and maybe Best Buy would price match????

Good Luck CAG Community!

That's quite a deal so soon. Does the LE at target contain the target exclusive artwork and content though? And if you buy a clearance item now and it goes cheaper, could you always do a 'change form of payment' later?

Yes, I was shocked and I did not open mine yet. I grabbed the 360 version, but want the PS3 for the Benedict Arnold exclusive stages so I don't know if the Target exclusive content is inside. Sorry I could not help you, but hopefully somebody else can verify if this is true.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yes, I was shocked and I did not open mine yet. I grabbed the 360 version, but want the PS3 for the Benedict Arnold exclusive stages so I don't know if the Target exclusive content is inside. Sorry I could not help you, but hopefully somebody else can verify if this is true.[/QUOTE]

Went by just an hour or so ago, they had one copy of the 360 version, didn't see a clearance sticker, but to be honest I didn't bother to look for it, I took a quick glance and didn't notice it. I'll drop by later after work on Saturday to look at it better.

Like I said, try to have them scan it and verify the price. Assuming you live in FL, perhaps you can call the Target I told you about to have them hold it for you. It was in their system when the guy scanned the item to verify for me.

Still too much. Amazon still has these in stock for both system. $60 is more reasonable, probably lower. I'm thinking this one is going the way of ASS BRO.

Kurosaki-san,

You verified and where did you pick your copy up from? Was it in FL or somewhere else? Also, did you open yours and was the Target codes inside?

The thing is that if you bought this just a few weeks ago from Target, you can get back almost $40 for price adjustment.

[quote name='batmundo']I stumbled onto this myself randomly at a Target myself in SoCal while shopping for other stuff - $59.98![/QUOTE]

No way.... though plausible since RE ORC and a Tiger Woods CE both clearanced to 50% only weeks after release.

Target does this often. I bought the Gears of War 3 LE for $19.99 on clearance 3 weeks after release. The RE: ORC is $39 as of now. As Target doesn't usually get LE or Collector's Editions in store often, they clearance them out fast to avoid taking up space.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Kurosaki-san,

You verified and where did you pick your copy up from? Was it in FL or somewhere else? Also, did you open yours and was the Target codes inside?

The thing is that if you bought this just a few weeks ago from Target, you can get back almost $40 for price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

I didn't pick up a copy, even with my team member & red card it's too much. I already own the game, but if it was 60. I would have been all over it. Somewhere else.... I'll just hide one in the stock room till it gets lower lmao.

Does the version with the extra mission have a different case? If it does the one in the Limited Edition version doesn't have it, at least not when I picked it up at Target a couple weeks ago. Hopefully a store around me has it on clearance so I can price match :)

how does target price adjustment work? Do I have to return it and then rebuy it, or will they just refund the extra I paid?

Do I have to bring the whole item back into the store? It's pretty big to go carrying around..

[quote name='batmundo']I stumbled onto this myself randomly at a Target myself in SoCal while shopping for other stuff - $59.98![/QUOTE]

What part of SoCal? :)

I checked 1 Target today and had a friend check the one he works at. Both are still full price. I was hoping they had one for me!

I think i havent seen these at my store at all, hell i dont think my Target carries any special editions ever, do you have a inventory check for this one.

User on Reddit today is reporting a $35.98 price. Checked Target Downtown Chicago and all they had was PS3 at full price.

Anyone else having any luck?

[quote name='mrclutch']Full price all around Nashvegas.[/QUOTE]

That was my conclusion as well, but I don't get to check as much as I used to. I checked Hickory Hollow and Brentwood only.

[quote name='Slicrick']User on Reddit today is reporting a $35.98 price. Checked Target Downtown Chicago and all they had was PS3 at full price.

Anyone else having any luck?[/QUOTE]

On the 19th, in the Target Clearance thread, CAG jerm78 reported finding it for $35.98 in Reisterstown Md Target. He included a pic of his find - link

[quote name='Romeo']That's quite a deal so soon. Does the LE at target contain the target exclusive artwork and content though? And if you buy a clearance item now and it goes cheaper, could you always do a 'change form of payment' later?[/QUOTE]

i also would like to know this because i think its going to go down cheaper

Last edited:
I saw the LE for the first time today and its a lot bigger than I thought. I could see why Target is trying to clearance them for shelf space.

these are still around in most GS/BB/Walmarts in my area I'll wait till $35-$50 or a better deal when combined with a GC or something

[quote name='jrr6415sun']how does target price adjustment work? Do I have to return it and then rebuy it, or will they just refund the extra I paid?

Do I have to bring the whole item back into the store? It's pretty big to go carrying around..[/QUOTE]

Target will not price adjust on items that are on Clearance. You'd have to do a re-buy return to get the difference.

I never see good CE's at Target anymore. They had quite a few a few years back but now all I ever see are those animal murder games with the pack-in rifles. Those aren't really even CE's.

EDIT: Actually, I do see some stock around me. Maybe I'll go check.

bread's done
Back