CAGcast #304: Skum Baggins

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

had to skip through the movie and BLOPS2 talk. i will relisten after i experienced them.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#32 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yes, "convenient". I'm tired of arguing this crap. Cheapy's playing Black Ops 2 on the PC and I'm playing it on the 360 and somehow us preferring Halo is Xbox bias. Makes perfect sense. Also by that logic, Playstation Move is well supported by Sony and has an equal if not greater mindshare as Kinect in the general populous.

No, being biased is saying product A is flawed because of one thing, and although Product B has the same flaw, is overlooked and ultimately dismissed as a moot criticism when brought up. And please explain how contradicting your own statements is logical, because thats exactly what happened with the Move talk. Kinect = success because of sales. That was as far as you guys went about why it was a success, because if the mindshare mattered, it would be considered a failure as has been stated by disappointment from it damn near everywhere. But Move? Sales dont matter. Nope, its a failure because of games. Logical indeed.

Both are horrible add ons, but dont hold different standards to them when they seek similar audiences.

#33 io

io

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

We should have the Amazon deals on Monday.

Awesome, thanks! I'm really hoping I can avoid having to go out at all Thurs/Fri.

Wombat - I played more of Lego LOTR after I listened to the CAGcast. You are in for a treat. There are some awesome set piece levels coming up. For example,
Spoiler
. Also, I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if they had this in Lego Batman 2, but there are now quests you get from random NPCs as well as a huge collection of items you can craft using the (mythril) bricks you earn from completing levels and such. These items can be worn and used by characters to give them powers that in older games only certain characters would have.

#34 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

No, being biased is saying product A is flawed because of one thing, and although Product B has the same flaw, is overlooked and ultimately dismissed as a moot criticism when brought up. And please explain how contradicting your own statements is logical, because thats exactly what happened with the Move talk. Kinect = success because of sales. That was as far as you guys went about why it was a success, because if the mindshare mattered, it would be considered a failure as has been stated by disappointment from it damn near everywhere. But Move? Sales dont matter. Nope, its a failure because of games. Logical indeed.

Both are horrible add ons, but dont hold different standards to them when they seek similar audiences.

Posted Image

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#35 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

$200 for a Vita isn't bad, but then I'll want to buy a bigger memory card - a 4 GB card is nothing when you consider how big the game files can get. I'd take advantage of the PS+ games, so I'd have to upgrade to a bigger card.

I thought Wreck-It Ralph was merely okay. The first half has tons a great references, but the second half focused too heavily on Sarah Silverman's character for my taste. I never cared for her humor.

Edited by apathylad, 16 November 2012 - 11:25 PM.
correcting.

#36 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

I've missed SDF complaining about "teh bias". It's nice to see them back. :lol
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009

#37 Stoneage

Stoneage

Don't touch my stuff!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

So I listened to the CAGcast. When you said you would "Nazi us next week", is that influenced by all the killing of the Africans in Blops 2? Just askin'. Also, will the sequel have lots of white people killed?

Also, I had no idea what a Beard Papa was. Turns out there's one in Chicago. Do people find lots of beard hair in their pastries?
[IMG][IMG]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8568/mekonsmaskscopylo0.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

#38 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the cast, Cheapy, Ship and Wombat.

Here's a bit more info on the Final Round tournament in Japan (live atm) Cheapy mentioned at the end:
@FRBJAPAN
Stream 1
Stream 2

And a teaser trailer for Final Round 16 in March:
Spoiler

#39 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Good show guys. Just listened to the latest Rebel FM. They gave cheapassgamer.com a shout out for info on gaming deals and the community.

#40 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'd love to even just hear Shipwreck calling in live from Wal-Mart as a show next week. I'm shocked that his store in Cincinnati is a dead-zone on Black Friday. I live in Oro Valley, AZ just north of Tucson, and my store was shoulder-to-shoulder full of people in every aisle. Maybe I'm overestimating the size of Cincinnati though.

As for the Wii-U not having any kind of achievements/trophies, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I know the argument that achievements/trophies mean nothing but for certain titles like the LEGO games, they're a reason to complete everything in the game. I find that I keep games longer when I have more than just the main story to complete. I'm hoping they get added in post-launch like the PS3.
Posted Image

#41 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't get all the hate on CheapyD on shows where he rips into Wombat. 99% of the time he's joking. If you can't tell after 300 episodes what are you even listening too?

#42 davucini

davucini

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

The only thing sillier than the metacritic policy, is arguing about it for 20 minutes. Nevertheless, Metacritic can do whatever they want, the outrage against it is a joke.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

#43 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I understand where wombats coming from with GTA 5 but i think you will find the characters in GTA will be more light hearted than GTA4 which will make the killing and exploring more enjoyable. Also you should probaly check out LA Noire.
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#44 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

I can't be the only one who giggled like an idiot at "Brown Thursday Blastoff."

#45 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

The Spider-Man reboot would have been solid if not for Garfield. He's the worst Peter Parker ever . . .worse than Hammond, even slightly worse than Italian Spider-Man.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#46 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

One of the funniest shows in a long time.

#47 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

The new episode is still not showing up for me yet (iPhone).
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#48 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

just started listening 5 seconds ago. awesome show already, sounds like daftpunk @ coachella. hellz to the yeah lol.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#49 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Great show this week.

I guess Wombat already mentioned that he meant a GTA game where you're not a bad guy, rather than just a Rockstar game, but I immediately thought of Bully during the show when he was talking about it. Great game with a similar open wordlish, mission-based feel but much more original and you're the good guy, more or less. I'd love to see a sequel on a current-gen system. The whole point of GTA is that you are the bad guy. Gotta play a different series if that's not what you want (for the record, San Andreas is the last one I played).

Regarding 3DS vs Vita, I can't believe you guys didn't mention/factor in PS+ when comparing the two for this holiday season. (It was mentioned earlier in the show, of course). $50 for PS+ gets you a ton of the best games on the system!

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I don't think the problem with the Vita ports of console franchises isn't that the system can't handle it, it's that Activision and WB/TT don't want to put the money into doing those games properly. The Vita could easily handle the open world Lego games since from what I've read, the Wii versions have it, but they're porting the 3DS version to Vita to be cheap about it. Also from what I've read, the Call of Duty game was made very quickly, so Activision wanted to make the game for as cheap as possible to bank on the name rather than do a full game that people would want. Nihilistic made much more of a full FPS with the Resistance game, but obviously had time/man power constraints with Call of Duty. That's kind of a big oversight when it's the biggest IP in the industry right now to do such a half-assed job of getting it made.

You guys note that the fighting games were pretty much as good if not better than their original versions and Need for Speed Most Wanted shows that it's not just 2D games that can do it.

I didn't argue that Move was a success, but that for a peripheral that you guys called a failure with no games and all that, it had a lot of games and continuous support that shows that it's not the failure that you assume it is. Just changing your point to it not having games that you'd want to play is moving the goal posts since you guys don't want to play anything with motion controls of any kind, so that was just a cheap way to end the discussion and declare that you win by default. For me, it's different, but I may be weird in that I'll give any of my games with Move support a shot to see how it works and find a decent number of them to work better with Move. It's cool if they're not your thing, but you don't have to act like things are worse for it than they really are just to push an agenda.

Cheapy continuing to plead ignorance on the Sportsfriends/Pub Fund thing is disappointing. I expected you to at least respect factual information on your misunderstanding of the situation and concede that you might be wrong, but that may have been too much to expect from somebody that occasionally admits that he's wrong about stuff from time to time.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#51 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Nihilistic made much more of a full FPS with the Resistance game, but obviously had time/man power constraints with Call of Duty. That's kind of a big oversight when it's the biggest IP in the industry right now to do such a half-assed job of getting it made.

This is exactly the point I was making. Large third party publishers aren't going to put the money/man-power/time into making games for the Vita. It's just not logical to do so.

The major experiences on Vita will have to come from Sony or from smaller independent developers that are willing to take a chance on the platform.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#52 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

This is exactly the point I was making. Large third party publishers aren't going to put the money/man-power/time into making games for the Vita. It's just not logical to do so.

The major experiences on Vita will have to come from Sony or from smaller independent developers that are willing to take a chance on the platform.

It'll also show which developers/publishers are committed to making sure the experience is as good as possible on all versions, like Capcom with SFxTK/UMVC3, NetherRealm with MK, and Criterion with NFS MW.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#53 io

io

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'm not even sure what you are referring to, but personally I was way too freaking busy buying things from different online retailers and/or doing family holiday stuff to have time to listen to a CAGcast. So personally I thought the week off was just fine. It's not like any show they did would have had timely info to act on (what with stuff selling out so quick at Amazon and MS store amongst others). They can recap all the madness later this week or whatever ;).