Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3001 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Man, it's astounding that Pure Chess Holiday bundle isn't a Cross-Buy. I had just assumed it was. Do they really think anyone is going to buy that game twice?

decker%2001.jpg

#3002 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Man, it's astounding that Pure Chess Holiday bundle isn't a Cross-Buy. I had just assumed it was. Do they really think anyone is going to buy that game twice?

Why would they think that? That's like asking if Ubisoft thinks I'm going to buy Assassin's Creed III for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3003 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Anyone know if the 2nd episode of Walking Dead (game) has been free or at least free for ps+ members? I downloaded the 1st episode fine but I could have sworn the 2nd episode was free as well.

#3004 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Agreed, there is no reason for any of these PSN titles not to be. I bought Pure Chess for Vita because I had a friend who did and wanted to play. Typically though, I will buy games I am questionable on that support cross buy and pass on those that don't.

#3005 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Anyone know if the 2nd episode of Walking Dead (game) has been free or at least free for ps+ members? I downloaded the 1st episode fine but I could have sworn the 2nd episode was free as well.

Episodes 1 and 2 were available for free with PS+ a few months ago. Some items that are registered to your account don't show up in the store as having been purchased, so check your download history to see if it's there.
Posted Image

#3006 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Just spent about an hour with Tokyo Jungle, it's unexpectedly awesome. And it seems to have a ton of content, a steal at $7.34.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#3007 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Episodes 1 and 2 were available for free with PS+ a few months ago. Some items that are registered to your account don't show up in the store as having been purchased, so check your download history to see if it's there.

OK thanks. One thing I noticed is that Episode 1 from the store is only a 420-ish mb dl while the Episode 2 from my download list is over 800 mb. Also, Episode 1 has an unlock code but there isn't an unlock code for Episode 2 in "Download Management" after clicking download in background. I hope that ep 2 unlocks OK.

#3008 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

OK thanks. One thing I noticed is that Episode 1 from the store is only a 420-ish mb dl while the Episode 2 from my download list is over 800 mb. Also, Episode 1 has an unlock code but there isn't an unlock code for Episode 2 in "Download Management" after clicking download in background. I hope that ep 2 unlocks OK.

It should work fine. Unlike Telltale's previous PSN releases (Sam & Max, BttF, etc...) where every episode was released as a separate game/executable, the subsequent episodes of The Walking Dead were released as DLC addons for the first episode, so they don't need unlock files.

#3009 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Just spent about an hour with Tokyo Jungle, it's unexpectedly awesome. And it seems to have a ton of content, a steal at $7.34.

it only gets better as you start getting into it deep and start leveling up your favorite animal(s) over many games. my 'fat cat' is a beast now.

#3010 LibertyGeis

LibertyGeis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

it only gets better as you start getting into it deep and start leveling up your favorite animal(s) over many games. my 'fat cat' is a beast now.

Hee, you're not kidding. I've got silky terriers that can kill crocodiles with a good sneak attack now. Unfortunately there's a cap to all the permanent stat boosts (Defense and Hunger in particular top out at +20), so they'll always be a little fragile.

I do love this game =]

#3011 Dacoops3

Dacoops3

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Been waiting on a deal for Daytona USA - picked it up at the sale price for PLUS

#3012 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Got Tokyo Jungle...even though I know I'll probably hate it, but wanted to see what the hype is about.

It really pains me to pass on Bulletstorm, but I know I wouldn't play it for a long long time, and the physical copies are typical sub $10 anyways.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

The worst thing you could do is overcook a trout. I wish I could cook it less.

#3013 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Got Tokyo Jungle...even though I know I'll probably hate it, but wanted to see what the hype is about.

Same here. I hate it so much yet I can't stop playing.:bomb:

MotorStorm RC Complete Edition - $11.99 could someone tell me how to find this?
Tried searching.

Edited by fignutz32, 05 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#3014 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

It really pains me to pass on Bulletstorm, but I know I wouldn't play it for a long long time, and the physical copies are typical sub $10 anyways.

Same here. I hate it so much yet I can't stop playing.:bomb:

Tried searching.

I got it too myself, used my PS+ trial to get it cheaper. I hope I like it.

#3015 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Tried searching.

Looks like it was a temporary bundle. Removed from the OP.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3016 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

anyone having problems getting the vita version of retro city rampage? I can d.load the PSN game listed one fine, but when i try clicking on the PS vita version it says we're sorry this product cannot be purchased at this time"

What gives? I want to make sure i have this while its free for PS+ Anyone got it to work? Kinda lame that it claims its free for vita users too but you cant d.load it
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3017 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

anyone having problems getting the vita version of retro city rampage? I can d.load the PSN game listed one fine, but when i try clicking on the PS vita version it says we're sorry this product cannot be purchased at this time"

What gives? I want to make sure i have this while its free for PS+ Anyone got it to work? Kinda lame that it claims its free for vita users too but you cant d.load it

You should get both by buying 1, so check your DL list.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3018 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

If you already grabbed the PS3 version, then you already have the Vita version. Check your download list to download it.

#3019 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Just downloaded Tokyo Jungle, ran it once just to see if any updates and to make a save an it gave me remote play for the Vita which made me realize...

Now that I have a PS3.... is a Vita not a bad investment as long as I can get it on the cheap? (By cheap I mean $150)

#3020 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Just downloaded Tokyo Jungle, ran it once just to see if any updates and to make a save an it gave me remote play for the Vita which made me realize...

Now that I have a PS3.... is a Vita not a bad investment as long as I can get it on the cheap? (By cheap I mean $150)

Well do you have PS+ and are you in the market for a handheld? If you're answer to both questions is yes, then I'd go for it. The Vita is the ultimate handheld IMO. There are plenty of quality games out and the only thing that you really need to worry about after purchasing the system is how much money you're willing to dedicate to a memory card.

#3021 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

You won't regret it. I just finished MGS1, and MAN is that game cahRAYzee! If 2+3 are even half as insane as the first one, I'm all in. I'm VERY LTTP on this one, I know, but in the time that MGS came out, I was into other things. Such an amazing game, loved every minute of it.

One thing though: How in the hell did people play this originally? I was finding myself using a FAQ, because there were moments where I'd be puzzled(Psycho Mantis). Should I have called Campbell more often for tips?

hmm is there a MGS1 HD version?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3022 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

hmm is there a MGS1 HD version?

Nope. The closest thing to it is the MGS1: Twin Snakes remake on Gamecube. There was also a PC port in 2000. I believe that it runs in a higher resolution than the PS1 version, but the art assets probably look very similar.

#3023 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

that's sad. I have not touched any of the MGS games before. do I really need to play the first before touching MGS2?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3024 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Not really, but it adds to the story and it's still a good game.

#3025 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Nope. The closest thing to it is the MGS1: Twin Snakes remake on Gamecube. There was also a PC port in 2000. I believe that it runs in a higher resolution than the PS1 version, but the art assets probably look very similar.

Wow I didn't about that. Do you prefer the original MGS1 on the PSX or MGS1: Twin Snakes. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on the gamecube version.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3026 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I've heard on MGS1 it's pretty hard to play without a guide because there is simply things the average person cannot figure out (like putting the controller in the 2nd port). Is that kind of stuff common in MGS1? I'd like to play it but not be confused as to what I should be doing all the time.

I too am interested between which version people prefer PS1 or GC.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at the price for a used copy of Twin Snakes, lol.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#3027 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

MGS 1 is a classic. Buy it now and play it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3028 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've heard on MGS1 it's pretty hard to play without a guide because there is simply things the average person cannot figure out (like putting the controller in the 2nd port). Is that kind of stuff common in MGS1? I'd like to play it but not be confused as to what I should be doing all the time.

I too am interested between which version people prefer PS1 or GC.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at the price for a used copy of Twin Snakes, lol.

I got lucky a few years ago and snagged a copy for about $20 and then found the guide at a local store for ~$5. Still haven't played it.

#3029 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

that's sad. I have not touched any of the MGS games before. do I really need to play the first before touching MGS2?

If at all possible, yes. If you want to jump straight into MGS2, then you can read through the events of MGS1, which is included as a digital novel on the MGS2 disc. Needless to say it's much more exciting to experience the events of MGS1 yourself. MGS2 makes a lot of visual references to MGS1, so it will have helped to have actually seen the events of MGS1.

Wow I didn't about that. Do you prefer the original MGS1 on the PSX or MGS1: Twin Snakes. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on the gamecube version.

The primary problem with the remake is that it introduces mechanics from MGS2. When they originally designed MGS1 the developers never intended the player to be able to use the first-person perspective or jump over rails. It removes a good deal of difficulty from the game. Twin Snakes came out right around when the Matrix was popular so you'll see that they Matrix-ified a lot of the cutscenes to be much more over the top than they were in the original MGS1.

On the other hand Twin Snakes also adds collectibles to the game which gives you some motivation to play through the game more than once. Unlike most games the collectibles are fairly easy to find. Normally I'm not a fan of collectibles but I rather like MGS's approach towards them.

Last I had looked Twin Snakes was a bit more expensive than MGS1. The original is much easier to find. I'd say go with the original version.

#3030 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

If you want to get started in the MGS series, I'd definitely recommend starting with 1. Just download the PSOne Classic on PSN, I wouldn't bother with Twin Snakes just because of the price.

I think I had to use a guide a couple times for MGS1 (mostly for bosses if I remember correctly) but the majority of it is easily beatable without using a guide.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!