Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3031 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Another vote for MGS1 from me. Just follow a FAQ, because you're gonna find yourself not know what the hell to do a lot. At least I did. Its an awesome game :)

#3032 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

http://blog.us.plays...nuary-8th-2013/

The Drop for this week:

PSN

Demon’s Souls
Rise of the Guardians
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Dance Magic

PS2 Classics

Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess
Go Diego Go! Great Dinosaur Rescue
Go Diego Go! Safari Rescue

PS Vita

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3033 J7.

J7.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Another vote for MGS1 from me. Just follow a FAQ, because you're gonna find yourself not know what the hell to do a lot. At least I did. Its an awesome game :)

It's not fun with a FAQ.

#3034 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

What probably happened is they expired when your sub ran out. And it needed to sync them back up to your new sub expiration date.

Is there an easier way to do that other than triggering each game while signed into PSN to the proper account?

That's the only way I've seen it work so far.

Thanks for the replies, that is probably what happened. It is unfortunate that one has to trigger each game. I assume that's the only way to do it, it would be nice to be wrong though.

I don't really keep up too well on buying and selling games on ebay and whatnot. I had no idea that MGS: Twin Snakes was so sought after. I bought it way back in the day brand new and was just thinking about playing through it now that I have the HD collection. As far as I can recall, Thrinn's recap is accurate. The Twin Snakes is made much easier by the updated gameplay mechanics and the collection items are pretty cool.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3035 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Odds that war in the north is free ps+ game?

#3036 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Odds that war in the north is free ps+ game?

Any game can be a free PS+ game. Anything more specific than that is pure speculation.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3037 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

It's not fun with a FAQ.

Was for me.

#3038 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Had just enough psn wallet for either Sound Shapes or Tokyo Jungle... went with =^.^=

#3039 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Any game can be a free PS+ game. Anything more specific than that is pure speculation.

Well I like to think that they won't double up, so we can at least eliminate already selected games.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3040 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Well I like to think that they won't double up, so we can at least eliminate already selected games.

They've doubled up before.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3041 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

They've doubled up before.

Before they started the Instant Collection.

default.png2.png

#3042 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I wish Earth Defense force was getting a physical release ... digital+Sony= never going to drop to a reasonable price

#3043 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Tokyo Jungle..
how do I get other animals?
stupid alligator is keep killing me
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#3044 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I wish Earth Defense force was getting a physical release ... digital+Sony= never going to drop to a reasonable price

You're right that Sony's not going to drop the price since it's not their game. That is D3's responsibility since they're the publisher.

Tokyo Jungle..
how do I get other animals?
stupid alligator is keep killing me

There's a specific mission for each animal that unlocks the next animal on the list, so aim to do that during a run in survival mode.

#3045 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

For a game that shouldn't be launching at $40 in the first place I completely agree. The original was a budget title, and this is an enhanced port.... 6 years later. I'd be extremely tempted to grab it for $20.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3046 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Dokuro was digital only at $20 and just went on sale for 50% off.

#3047 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

You're right that Sony's not going to drop the price since it's not their game. That is D3's responsibility since they're the publisher.

Actually, it's the marketplace that Sony has set up, just as Apple pushed for the .99 model as the baseline pricing for iTunes, so has Sony historically set up a digital download service that rarely sees huge price drops and is defined by near retail pricing for digital goods.

Just look at the PSP Go as an example of Sony's extreme control over an all-digital marketplace. It's true that the publisher authorizes the sale price, however the overall market defines the degree of the sales offered ... Sony does not offer a compelling market, although MS nor Nintendo are much better.

#3048 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Actually, it's the marketplace that Sony has set up, just as Apple pushed for the .99 model as the baseline pricing for iTunes, so has Sony historically set up a digital download service that rarely sees huge price drops and is defined by near retail pricing for digital goods.

Just look at the PSP Go as an example of Sony's extreme control over an all-digital marketplace. It's true that the publisher authorizes the sale price, however the overall market defines the degree of the sales offered ... Sony does not offer a compelling market, although MS nor Nintendo are much better.

Huh? It's exactly the same on both marketplaces. If the content owner doesn't want to drop the price or offer sales on their content, then it doesn't happen. We get price drops every week, as noted by this thread, but you can tell when publishers just don't give a shit. Namco still has their PSP titles at full price and Konami's done nothing with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to try to push owners of the PS3 HD collection to grab that as a companion version for transfarring.

When they do care, you get stuff like the Holiday Essentials sale that has been going on for the past three weeks and reoccuring sales from Creat Studios, Sega, Atlus, and others. I'd agree that Steam-style sales aren't that common, but it does happen on occasion to give us $1-$3 games.

iTunes is a completely different beast because the pricing structure has been destroyed by the race to the bottom and IAPs that doesn't make it comparable to console marketplaces where they offer retail titles that have more baggage and arrogant pricing than the digital-only titles that are offered alongside it.

#3049 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Dokuro was digital only at $20 and just went on sale for 50% off.

Terrible example, since Dokuro was ALWAYS cheap.

According to Amazon.co.jp (in Japan they're physical copies), Sumioni was priced at 5,229 yen ($60), where as Dokuro was a mere 2,400 yen ($27).

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3050 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Vita just had some good games on PSN for half off.

#3051 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Vita just had some good games on PSN for half off.

Yes, but how old were most of those games? I'd guess at least 3-6 months before EDF drops to the $20 it should be.

#3052 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Terrible example, since Dokuro was ALWAYS cheap.

According to Amazon.co.jp (in Japan they're physical copies), Sumioni was priced at 5,229 yen ($60), where as Dokuro was a mere 2,400 yen ($27).

We have different definitions of the word terrible, apparently.

#3053 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Just watched a video review for Tokyo Jungle and it looks absolutely ridiculous. Who the hell thought of this game?

With that said, bought.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#3054 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Just watched a video review for Tokyo Jungle and it looks absolutely ridiculous. Who the hell thought of this game?

With that said, bought.

Ridiculous but extremely fun ... well worth the $7+ if you're a PS+ member.

#3055 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I just wish Sony would bump the prices of everything on the store a penny so it's an even number. Having $0.07 in my wallet is pointless.

#3056 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

you want to pay more odd ....
I have gotten enough things that it wasnt pointless for me

#3057 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

There's a specific mission for each animal that unlocks the next animal on the list, so aim to do that during a run in survival mode.

was only playing with DLC animals...
... ewww I have to play non-DLC animals too D:?
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#3058 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Well, yeah. Those animals aren't part of the unlock progression that it uses.

#3059 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

you can 100% the trophies without playing all the animals. with the exception of the campaign, i play only 2 other animals. the vast majority are still 'locked', but i have the most fun with the specific animals i want to play.

#3060 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Is Touch My Katamari worth $13?