Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3151 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

mega man 9 & 10 has been on sale multiple times for just a few bucks each. already own 10. i'd rather have a walking dead sale. xbox live, steam, amazon have all had sales. what is sony doing?

#3152 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Dang I bought these already who knows how long ago. I am not upset they are free, just stinks that the new free games won't be anything new to me.

Awesome deal to those who didn't have em though.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3153 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I hate to be that guy, but this shouldn't be its own thread.

#3154 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

There's a reason that godawful piece of shit is free.

wtf are you talking about

#3155 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

mega man 9 & 10 has been on sale multiple times for just a few bucks each. already own 10. i'd rather have a walking dead sale. xbox live, steam, amazon have all had sales. what is sony doing?

They must not have gotten your email about putting Walking Dead on sale! Try resending it.

#3156 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thanks OP. But there is a thread that covers everything PS+ and PSN.

Are we going to make a separate thread for every PS+ week now?

I hate to be that guy, but this shouldn't be its own thread.

While I agree it serves a purpose to keep a lot of stuff within the designated threads. Sometimes it is nice to see a deal that someone would have otherwise missed or overlooked. This is especially the case if one doesn’t subscribe or religiously follow the fifteen + main threads. Also many of the threads like the "Steam" and "Amazon" threads move at such a pace it can be hard to keep up, let alone go back and read 10 pages.
Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit: Well looks like the thread got merged as I was typing my reply.

Posted Image

#3157 io

io

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

That bad? I'm guessing not many people can vouch for it.

Whoops. Didn't see this post. I did try the demo a few months ago, and I enjoyed it, but I dunno...

I almost missed the Katamari sale myself (it seems from the OP that it is ending with the upcoming update) - glad I checked the thread today. That's the problem I have with these mega-threads - it is very easy to miss something like this especially when it is only 1 week. I almost missed the free PS+ vita game as well. I am buying Katamari now. It was a must buy for me on the Vita (once I got one) and the best I've seen is $20 for the regular version. This is enough of a discount, and the game is small enough (600+ MB), that it is worth getting digitally. Hopefully it will fit on what's left of my 8GB card...

D'oh! Not enough room - will have to delete some of that free Vita stuff I just got (Chronovolt, Frobisher, etc).

#3158 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'm doubtful this will happen. =( SFxMM is little more than a random fan game (albeit a well made one) simply being promoted by Capcom. I don't think they have access to any sort of developer kit for porting their title to anything other than PC. (While the 360 would still be an easy port to make, it'd probably require some fees on Capcom's part and is thus less likely to happen)

Exactly. The Capcom Unity guys said so themselves the day they streamed the game (basically not worth it to release it on consoles when you can get it for free on PC).

There's a reason that godawful piece of shit is free.

I wouldn't call it shit but it certainly is not up to par.

#3159 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Wow that merge killed the flow of this thread haha. Still, thanks to whoever merged them. :)

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3160 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4860065569833654&pid=15.1

this is too funny not too quote an laugh thanks for sharing the pic

#3161 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

While I agree it serves a purpose to keep a lot of stuff within the designated threads. Sometimes it is nice to see a deal that someone would have otherwise missed or overlooked. This is especially the case if one doesn’t subscribe or religiously follow the fifteen + main threads. Also many of the threads like the "Steam" and "Amazon" threads move at such a pace it can be hard to keep up, let alone go back and read 10 pages.

Edit: Well looks like the thread got merged as I was typing my reply.

While I agree with your point, I disagree with posting the plus stuff outside of this thread. (and most PSN deals) Unlike say Amazon, Bestbuy, and several others where it's easy to miss a deal / they're shot lived, Plus updates weekly (usually quite late even...) and can easily be viewed by opening the store and selecting "new this week" and Playstation Plus. If you happen to miss a deal by not viewing this thread, the playstation blog, seeing one of the various new sites report it or opening the store to see for yourself... I like to think the separate post most likely won't help and you paid the price for not finding time for it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3162 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

hmmm, is Sound Shapes worth getting?

#3163 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yes.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#3164 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I personally found it very boring, and wasn't crazy about the music selection.

For the price Tokyo Jungle is a much better buy IMO.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3165 rpg

rpg

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

try the demo

I say no

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (3/4 playthroughs)

#3166 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

While I agree with your point, I disagree with posting the plus stuff outside of this thread. (and most PSN deals) Unlike say Amazon, Bestbuy, and several others where it's easy to miss a deal / they're shot lived, Plus updates weekly (usually quite late even...) and can easily be viewed by opening the store and selecting "new this week" and Playstation Plus. If you happen to miss a deal by not viewing this thread, the playstation blog, seeing one of the various new sites report it or opening the store to see for yourself... I like to think the separate post most likely won't help and you paid the price for not finding time for it.

This thread is always up to date and well-organized, in addition to being able to check the PS Blog. If people are looking for PSN deals this is where they should look, I agree there don't need to be separate threads for PSN deals and definitely NOT for PS+ freebies.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#3167 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Edit: Well looks like the thread got merged as I was typing my reply. [/FONT]

I get the point, but that is the justification that makes it okay to repost everything all of the time because somebody, somewhere will have missed all previous threads and will finally catch the latest one, which reaches a point where those sorts of people will just have to miss the deal because they're not vigilant enough about keeping up with the deals. It's not hard to keep up with the forum since a full day's set of new threads stay within the first two or three pages of this forum, which takes a minute to skim through and be caught up.

I can understand the point for something like the Steam thread where it doesn't seem like the OP contains all of the deals and instead just links to the store. That sort of thread is all about reading the latest posts to see what's new and that is an issue that can be worthy of new threads for new deals.

This thread, however, has all of the relevant deal information that anybody needs to catch up with what's on sale in the OP, so the only way you can miss it is to not check this thread once a week. Everything that's new for the week has a green asterisk next to it to make it easy to see what's new and I mark as many things as I can with the red asterisk to denote that it'll expire with the next update, which is about as much as I can do outside of personal PMs letting you know what's new. I don't see how it's the fault of this thread if somebody can't manage to do that. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything like that, but that's my view of the situation.

#3168 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Fucking Playstation Blog and their weekly updates. I bought Mega Man 9 & 10 before the PS Plus lineup came out, and whoop-dee-fucking-doo that's the free game this week. If they just said it would be free at the beginning of January, this wouldn't have happened. I put a call in for a refund and my request was sent to billing for processing, so I'll know by the end of the week whether I'll get it or not. I guess I'll also know whether or not I'll be signing up for PS Plus again.

#3169 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I get the point, but that is the justification that makes it okay to repost everything all of the time because somebody, somewhere will have missed all previous threads and will finally catch the latest one, which reaches a point where those sorts of people will just have to miss the deal because they're not vigilant enough about keeping up with the deals. It's not hard to keep up with the forum since a full day's set of new threads stay within the first two or three pages of this forum, which takes a minute to skim through and be caught up.

I can understand the point for something like the Steam thread where it doesn't seem like the OP contains all of the deals and instead just links to the store. That sort of thread is all about reading the latest posts to see what's new and that is an issue that can be worthy of new threads for new deals.

This thread, however, has all of the relevant deal information that anybody needs to catch up with what's on sale in the OP, so the only way you can miss it is to not check this thread once a week. Everything that's new for the week has a green asterisk next to it to make it easy to see what's new and I mark as many things as I can with the red asterisk to denote that it'll expire with the next update, which is about as much as I can do outside of personal PMs letting you know what's new. I don't see how it's the fault of this thread if somebody can't manage to do that. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything like that, but that's my view of the situation.

I do have to say i think you do make very valid points in regard to the PS+ freebies, also I not only completly agree but appreciate the OP in this particular thread is always (to my knowledge) updated. Many other threads given there nature or the espediency of the deals do not always have updated OP's and thus generate the aforementioned necessity.

I mainly wrote the other post in response to the many who will flame or criticize the poster and thus contribute anything that is benefical in helping newer poster's learn what and how to post. This kind of beahavior only discourges new contributors which is bad for everyone. After writing all this I would like to take the moment to say thanks for all the hard work everyone puts into these main threads, in regards the posting of deals and updating of OP's

P.s Sorry for being Off-Topic so much.
Posted Image

#3170 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I do have to say i think you do make very valid points in regard to the PS+ freebies, also I not only completly agree but appreciate the OP in this particular thread is always (to my knowledge) updated. Many other threads given there nature or the espediency of the deals do not always have updated OP's and thus generate the aforementioned necessity.

I mainly wrote the other post in response to the many who will flame or criticize the poster and thus contribute anything that is benefical in helping newer poster's learn what and how to post. This kind of beahavior only discourges new contributors which is bad for everyone. After writing all this I would like to take the moment to say thanks for all the hard work everyone puts into these main threads, in regards the posting of deals and updating of OP's

P.s Sorry for being Off-Topic so much.

This thread is typically off-topic, so don't worry about it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3171 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Fucking Playstation Blog and their weekly updates. I bought Mega Man 9 & 10 before the PS Plus lineup came out, and whoop-dee-fucking-doo that's the free game this week. If they just said it would be free at the beginning of January, this wouldn't have happened. I put a call in for a refund and my request was sent to billing for processing, so I'll know by the end of the week whether I'll get it or not. I guess I'll also know whether or not I'll be signing up for PS Plus again.

Hey at least if you don't renew you get to keep your megaman games!

#3172 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

If they actually approved a refund for you (that wasn't a one-time act of good-faith) then I think Sony would be setting a dangerous precedent.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3173 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hahahaha.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3174 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

If they actually approved a refund for you (that wasn't a one-time act of good-faith) then I think Sony would be setting a dangerous precedent.

They said they will probably refund in light of the recent sale, whatever that means. I thought it sounded like an excuse to avoid a precedent, but appease me at the same time. Even if they don't refund me, it's not like I wasn't prepared to pay what I paid.

I agree with the poster above, though, I will get to keep them post-Plus, which is good, because these games are excellent.

#3175 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Found this gem in the comments section at the PS+ update. This is why people are upset with SCEA.

US exclusive retail PS3 games since IGC started

King of Fighters XIII
Super Street Fighter 4

EU exclusive retail PS3 games since IGC started
Batman: Arkham City
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
Darksiders
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mortal Kombat
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Red Dead Redemption
Vanquish

My goodness, just look at that disparity. It's embarrassing. In addition, Europe seems to get the better deals and better (read: newer) PSN games. They received Hell Yeah! and Knytt Underground free day 1 among others and just got Guardians of Middle Earth for January and it's less than a month old. The fact that so many people feel disrespected is quite understandable.
tl

#3176 rpg

rpg

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Found this gem in the comments section at the PS+ update. This is why people are upset with SCEA.

My goodness, just look at that disparity. It's embarrassing. In addition, Europe seems to get the better deals and better (read: newer) PSN games. They received Hell Yeah! and Knytt Underground free day 1 among others and just got Guardians of Middle Earth for January and it's less than a month old. The fact that so many people feel disrespected is quite understandable.

Europe pays a lot more for plus.

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (3/4 playthroughs)

#3177 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Europe pays a lot more for plus.

No they don't. It's around $10 more, but about every 3 months or so they get offered a 1-year subscription for 25% off. So for any savvy shopper, it's actually cheaper than US PS+. In fact, they have that deal going on right now. :roll:
tl

#3178 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

why is AC 2 Bundle New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update
when is the next update

#3179 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

No they don't. It's around $10 more, but about every 3 months or so they get offered a 1-year subscription for 25% off. So for any savvy shopper, it's actually cheaper than US PS+. In fact, they have that deal going on right now. :roll:

Lets not forget that they also were given Littlebigplanet for free to try plus (way at the start) and had a few other promos like get X bonus time with Y purchase. Not saying US doesn't do the same thing, but it can be had for less if you're savvy.

#3180 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

why is AC 2 Bundle New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update
when is the next update

It says right above that: "Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually Between 4-8 EST"