Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3271 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I wasn't going to say anything (because I'm clearly outnumbered), but Fuck it.

The first two people to mention anything about PS+ were @FIF and @gettinmoneymoney662.

YET, when @roundhouse shares his view on it, all hell breaks loose? That's one person who offered a dissenting (and completely reasonable) opinion. ONE. Against 10 or so others who see it another way. So ironically, you are the ones, who by your own arbitrary standards, derailed this thread.

He (and any other person) has the right to share his views and, NO, it shouldn't be relegated to another thread simply because some of you don't like it. Stop bullying people. If we're going to make a thread just for PS+ complaints, then also make one for the other "irrelevant" posts. Unless it's explicitly stated by a mod, or out of respect, @frisky, I'll continue posting whatever the hell I want here. Don't like it, don't read it. I'd advise everyone else to do the same.

#3272 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Just want to chime in with one brief thought on the PS Plus complaints. It's $4.17 per month (on a 1 year basis). I live in Manhattan so that's literally less than the cost of a single beer.

I understand that everyone has certain games they'd like to see on the service, but let's be realistic in our expectations of what $4.17 should buy. This is arguably the greatest value deal in the history of video games. I downloaded Chronovolt last week and tried it out for 15 minutes and didn't care for it at all. Oh well, I have something I can play someday if I'm desperate.

This doesn't even mention that I've certainly saved more than $4.17 per month JUST on the basis of the PS Plus sales.

For $4.17 per month, you can't even play games online on an Xbox 360 (which is actually my system of choice). Everyone should stop whining - I would love to see all the whining about PS Plus (especially those complaints about EU PS Plus, please learn a little bit about how international licensing works and the compilation of EU sales figures before you complain) deleted from this thread every week so we can focus the conversation on the actual games/deals released.

#3273 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't mind if the games being offered aren't my type of game. I just want them to give us games a majority of people are actually interested in. No more 3-5 year old retail games. No more PSN games with a metacritic score below 50. No more sports games. (unless they're this years edition) I'm fine with MM because it was a game most people passed on but would play at the great price of free. I've already got enough value from the service but it's just frustrating to see them get deals on games noone wants them to.

How do you know the majority of Plus users don't want these games? Because of the handful of people on the PS Blog? There are probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Plus subscribers.

I wasn't going to say anything (because I'm clearly outnumbered), but Fuck it.

The first two people to mention anything about PS+ were @FIF and @gettinmoneymoney662.

YET, when @roundhouse shares his view on it, all hell breaks loose? That's one person who offered a dissenting (and completely reasonable) opinion. ONE. Against 10 or so others who see it another way. So ironically, you are the ones, who by your own arbitrary standards, derailed this thread.

He (and any other person) has the right to share his views and, NO, it shouldn't be relegated to another thread simply because some of you don't like it. Stop bullying people. If we're going to make a thread just for PS+ complaints, then also make one for the other "irrelevant" posts. Unless it's explicitly stated by a mod, or out of respect, @frisky, I'll continue posting whatever the hell I want here. Don't like it, don't read it. I'd advise everyone else to do the same.

Who the Fuck is bullying you? handsomepete offered another thread that you could use to complain, he didn't demand that you use it. This thread is my favorite on CAG because it constantly goes off topic of strictly talking about PSN deals and talks about PSN in general.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3274 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is being released next week!

http://blog.us.plays...knows-no-mercy/

Price: $19.99

disappointed there is no physical release, but i'll definitely grab this sometime soon

#3275 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

But I don't really care too much about thread derailing in this thread because Frisky does such a good job with the OP.

There's a pile of truth right there. Even when things get way out of whack, this thread is fairly self-regulating and the information is never lost (like it might be in the steam or target clearance threads) because Frisky's OP is the sweetest jig there is. And it's a fun read, people sure do get worked up about PS+.

This past year Sony announced PSN had its two highest revenue quarters since the opening of the Playstation Network six years ago. They must be doing something right.

#3276 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-ps-vita-today/

The bonuses that come with EDF 2017 Portable until 2/4:

We also have a little bonus for you. If you purchase Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable through February 4th, you can get free downloadable content of the following four weapons.

Electro Paralyzer

A top-secret superweapon developed by the EDF, whose flare shells halt the target’s actions. The technology behind it is shrouded in mystery. Some say it was developed by a military genius, or its secrets gleaned from a downed Ravager scout. Extend its effects by hitting the target repeatedly.

Heat Blaster

A short-range laser gun, whose mighty firepower compensates for its limited range. It requires heavy equipment to recharge, making it impossible to reload on the battlefield. Pull the trigger to release all of its energy, or it can keep firing until you switch weapons.

Limit Booster

A data transmitter that sends a special program to vehicles in the vicinity (helicopters, bikes, Vegaltas), shutting down their safety overrides and unlocking their maximum capabilities. Multiple uses won’t increase the upgrade ratio, but will make the effects last longer.

Reverse Drone

An unmanned drone with a nanomachine capsule payload. It flies straight ahead to the nearest ally, and once it connects, it disperses the nanomachines to heal the target. Adjust the direction of fire to select your target.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#3277 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm sorry, excuse me, but is this thread about the latest weekly PSN deals and new releases? Also,
Posted Image

#3278 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Checkin' the Vita's store & looks like it's been updated.

PS3 store is updated, though the PS+ section isn't updated to show the newest arrivals. Search for Mega Man & you'll find the combo pack is now free for PS+. MM9 is 63MB while 10 is 142.6MB.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3279 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Finally get Megaman 10, to go with 9 that I purchased at its launch on PSN. I just wish I could take them on my vita so I can actually find time to play them. Sadly, EDF 2017 portable is just going to have to wait for a price cut if it is going only digital for me, was excited for it but after the price reveal...yeah going to wait.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#3280 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Holy crap, looking through the new deals & Earthworm Jim HD is only 99 cents! I got it when it was 1/2 off on XBLA, & I gotta say, that's a GREAT deal for the game for only a dollar.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3281 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

The new DMC game is on the psn

#3282 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

DMC is on the psn

That might just be the pre-order thing. It's only 3.2MB. You get a free theme & costume pack if you pre-order on PSN.

Also, last week to grab Double Dragon Neon, as it's under the "Expiring Soon" tab.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3283 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

i already own both megamans but i still love ps+. and an excuse to post this link.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3284 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Holy crap, looking through the new deals & Earthworm Jim HD is only 99 cents! I got it when it was 1/2 off on XBLA, & I gotta say, that's a GREAT deal for the game for only a dollar.

Nice deal, thanks for pointing that out. In for one for sure. :)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#3285 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

i already own both megamans but i still love ps+. and an excuse to post this link.

Brentalfloss resorted to filler? He's losing his touch.

#3286 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

PS Store update blog is up.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP got a price drop to $19.99. Really hoping since Sega does a ton of sales, this'll be $10 or $15 soon enough.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3287 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

There's a ton of 99 cent games on sale. This is awesome.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3288 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Lots of $1 games, I'm pretty sure I have almost all of them though.

Blokus – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Brain Challenge – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Brain Challenge – PSP Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $12.99)
Earthworm Jim HD – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
Modern Combat: Domination – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $7.99)
Tank Battles – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
TV Show King – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
UNO – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)

There's some Minis too that I didn't include. I guess I'll pick up Modern Combat. I definitely overpaid for Dungeon Hunter.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3289 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Last Chance (Leaving on 1/15)

• Instant Game Collection – Double Dragon Neon

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3290 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

think im in for earthworm jim uno and tv show king for $3 total, the rest of the dollar games I own if there are any
Posted Image

#3291 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Are those 99 cent games PS+ deals or regular deals? If they're regular deals I'll definitely get Earthworm Jim (if not, I'll probably pass). I kind of wish ToeJam and Earl had had deals, $5 each is too much for me.

#3292 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'll have to add some of you for Earthworm Jim. I've been lookin for people to play the co-op levels with.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3293 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Earthworm Jim HD for a buck? Hell yes. The demo kicked my butt, but I'll try again for $1 sure.

How is Dungeon Hunter: Alliance to those that have it? Fun?

#3294 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Are those 99 cent games PS+ deals or regular deals? If they're regular deals I'll definitely get Earthworm Jim (if not, I'll probably pass). I kind of wish ToeJam and Earl had had deals, $5 each is too much for me.

They're for everyone. I'm 1/2 tempted on EJ HD just to have a 2nd copy handy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3295 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Regular deals. When someone mentioned Earthworm Jim was $1 earlier, my mind somehow got EJ and ToeJam & Earl confused for a second, so I was happy, then sad.

Earthworm Jim HD for a buck? Hell yes. The demo kicked my butt, but I'll try again for $1 sure.

How is Dungeon Hunter: Alliance to those that have it? Fun?

It's definitely worth a buck, but you have to decide if it's worth your time to play. It's a generic dungeon crawler that, while never bad, never good either. Took me well over 10 hours to beat.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3296 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Totally buying Valkyria Chronicles 2. Been waiting for a sale, but a price drop is just as nice!

#3297 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Totally buying Valkyria Chronicles 2. Been waiting for a sale, but a price drop is just as nice!

...bundle was up for.. well.. this entire time
Valkyria chronicles 2 (Game) + all the DLC for 22.99

still the bundle is better deal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#3298 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Uno, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, and Earthworm Jim for me.

#3299 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Lots of $1 games, I'm pretty sure I have almost all of them though.

Blokus – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Brain Challenge – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Brain Challenge – PSP Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $12.99)
Earthworm Jim HD – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
Modern Combat: Domination – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $7.99)
Tank Battles – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
TV Show King – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)
UNO – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $4.99)

There's some Minis too that I didn't include. I guess I'll pick up Modern Combat. I definitely overpaid for Dungeon Hunter.

Damn for 99 cents I'm picking up all this games. Just to make sure do this will be on here until the next update right?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3300 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Damn for 99 cents I'm picking up all this games. Just to make sure do this will be on here until the next update right?

Yeah, they'll be up until at least next Tuesday morning.

The only one I'd have any qualms about recommending is Brain Challenge. It's really lame. Also, I believe it would take 100+ hours to 100% the trophies.