Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3301 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is only the PS3 verison? What about the Vita version?

#3302 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

40 bucks for EDF2017? Are they fucking crazy? Just for a digital game? I might bite for $20, but 40? No way.

#3303 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

i already own both megamans but i still love ps+. and an excuse to post this link.
[megamanvideo]

There an extended version of that song/video.

I also have both games but I don't mind the repeat all that much given what I was able to take advantage of in the last few months.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3304 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I have all those $1 games from prior sales, but that is still so awesome. I love super cheap games. seems like steam sales.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3305 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Eh... I feel kind of dumb still going on about the PS+ thing from last night, but oh well. Kind of a wall-o-text, so I put my replies in spoiler tags to it's not such a page hog.

Why are you ignoring the "initial batch" of games? Games like Infamous2, LBP2, R&C:A41, Saints Row 2, Just Cause 2, and Warhammer 40k are also pretty nice. If you joined in June like I did, you should have about 10-15 retail games and another 10-15 PSN games. Even at the low end of 20 games, $50 per year is not bad. And this is not even including Vita games. This is also not including the fact that June subsribers have 6 months left on that one year subscription. At this rate, there could easily be 30 or 40 games at the end of that first year. Less than $2 per game seems like a good deal to me - even if I don't want some of them.

That being said, if the service quality wanes over time, the value proposition will get less and less, but it is much too early to be concerned by that.

Spoiler

What did you expect, look at his user tag. Literally bought plus for free retail games as if that's mainly what the service was intended for:roll:

Spoiler

Well clearly there's a disclaimer with Plus that says users are going to get a minimum number of retail games per year. And anyone buying the service for anything other than retail games should just not bother.

Oh wait...the primary purpose of Plus isn't to get free retail games? And there's no promise or assumption anywhere that the majority of free games offered should be retail games? Weird...

Spoiler

The rest of the guys have pretty much said what I would have in a response so there's not much more for me to say on the subject of PS+.

I actually have no problem with people voicing their opinion or "complaining" about PS+, or pretty much anything else in the world. I think the reason we're all so testy about the PS+ complainers is that they do it in such a childish, immature, ungrateful fashion. They call the 20+ PSN games we're received since IGC started "crap" and "garbage", they threaten to storm off and not renew their subscription or to even change to a rival console, they curse and whine and (on the PS Blog) even suggest that the SCEA team should be fired. When the complainers say stuff like that, their arguments lose all validity. And since it happens almost ad nauseum across the internet, those of us here on CAG tire of it.

Here's a far better way of complaining:

Spoiler

If someone was to post a well thought out "complaint" like the one above, I'd gladly respond to it in a civil manner and have a genuine discussion about it. I'm sure Morgan and the team at the PS Blog would be more responsive and appreciative of critical feedback like that as well.

Spoiler

Edited by MrBeatdown, 09 January 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#3306 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'll have to add some of you for Earthworm Jim. I've been lookin for people to play the co-op levels with.

Holy crap, it has co-op? That's awesome. I remember playing Earthworm Jim on my Sega Saturn all the time when I was younger.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3307 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, they'll be up until at least next Tuesday morning.

The only one I'd have any qualms about recommending is Brain Challenge. It's really lame. Also, I believe it would take 100+ hours to 100% the trophies.

So the game isn't fun? I guess I'll skip those.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3308 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

...bundle was up for.. well.. this entire time
Valkyria chronicles 2 (Game) + all the DLC for 22.99

still the bundle is better deal.

I didn't know that. I had read that somewhere but I thought that was just a sale. Sweet! Thanks for this! ^_^

#3309 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is only the PS3 verison? What about the Vita version?

Just checked, still $30 on the Vita.

#3310 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Why aren't the Mega Man games available on Vita? Or are they and I'm not seeing it.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#3311 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Dungeon Hunter Alliance trophies might be easy, but PS3T.org says 60-65 hours for 100%. Yikes.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3312 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

i have 70 platinums and a ton of 100% but i wont refuse to buy a cheap game because i wont want to 100% it. brain challenge and dungeon hunter are fun to play, but not fun to 100%. but if you can enjoy it for a few hours and its only $1 why let a few missed trophies ruin your chance at cheap fun? life is too short to be OCD and force yourself to complete things, I only do that when I really like something or if its really fast. It wont stop me from having a few 0% trophies or a ton of games under 10% completion.
Posted Image

#3313 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Blokus - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Brain Challenge - $0.99
Dead Space 3 - $59.99 - Pre-order w/exclusive theme
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Earthworm Jim HD - $0.99
Eufloria - $4.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Modern Combat: Domination - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Mortal Kombat - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
MotorStorm RC - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop - Cross Buy
Planets Under Attack - $9.99
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co. - $9.99 - 218 MB
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World - $9.99 - 248 MB
Tank Battles - $0.99
TV Show King - $0.99
UNO - $0.99

Minis
BreakQuest - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
Hero of Sparta - PS3/PSP - $0.99
Jane’s Hotel - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
Let’s Golf - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
N.O.V.A. - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99
Normaltanks - PS3/PSP/Vita - $0.99

PSP
Brain Challenge - PSP/Vita - $0.99
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Vita
MotorStorm RC - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop - Cross Buy

Add-ons
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 - Maneater Level Pack - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 9 - Free - Cross Buy

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 9 - Free - Cross Buy

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Eufloria - $2.50

Games
God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta - 1.4 GB
Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack - 205 MB

Add-ons
NCAA Football 13 - Recent Winners Pack

God of War: Ascension

Expiring for PS+ Next Week:

Games
Double Dragon Neon

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 09 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#3314 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

i have 70 platinums and a ton of 100% but i wont refuse to buy a cheap game because i wont want to 100% it. brain challenge and dungeon hunter are fun to play, but not fun to 100%. but if you can enjoy it for a few hours and its only $1 why let a few missed trophies ruin your chance at cheap fun? life is too short to be OCD and force yourself to complete things, I only do that when I really like something or if its really fast. It wont stop me from having a few 0% trophies or a ton of games under 10% completion.

So it's a fun game just not fun to 100%? I could care less about 100% just wanted some fun, cheapo games.

Also is modern combat that one game by gameloft.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3315 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Is Modern Combat multi player only? Is it still active online? Hopefully not just with veterans who decimate newcomers?

#3316 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Looks like I will be picking up Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and Earthworm Jim HD. We need more sales with $.99 games.

BumslieOG.png

#3317 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm all for lively discussion, but these PS+ arguments went over the line into pointless bickering/bitching at each other and needs to stop. Agree to disagree and move on or else the mods will have to clean it up.

Is Modern Combat multi player only? Is it still active online? Hopefully not just with veterans who decimate newcomers?

You can play with bots, though the demo should give you an idea of how the community it.

#3318 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Earthworm Jim for $.99!? You betcha! Thanks frisky

#3319 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Too bad EWJHD came out long before crossbuy. Would have been a cool thing to also have on Vita.

#3320 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Well, for me, it's because my backlog is in the triple digits and Dungeon Hunter doesn't look all that interesting to me. If it had easy or relatively quick trophies, then I'd probably buy it for a buck.

Earthworm Jim has crazy hard trophies, but I definitely would have bought it if I didn't already own it.

I'm trying to be more picky with what I buy, regardless of price.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3321 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

So the game isn't fun? I guess I'll skip those.

If I remember it's just a few "brain training" minigames played over and over. Then again, it's also only $1, so not like you're out much if you buy it and don't like it. But I found it pretty lame.

So it's a fun game just not fun to 100%? I could care less about 100% just wanted some fun, cheapo games.

Also is modern combat that one game by gameloft.

I think they're all Gameloft games (all the $0.99 cent ones, that is).

When I downloaded the demo a while ago, I was actually doing way better than I do in most FPS MP games. I was probably just playing other guys who had downloaded the demo though. I don't imagine there's a ton of MC: D veterans, though it is a pretty decent game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3322 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Will most likely get Blokus, Dungeon Hunter, and Earthworm Jim for sure.

I'm on the fence about Brain Challenge and TV Show King.

Anyone play the latter? I can't find any reviews for the PS3 version but I assume it is the same game, more or less, as the WiiWare one:
http://www.metacriti...ii/tv-show-king

Definitely mixed reviews there... But these are the only types of games I can get my 15 year-old daughter to play any more so for $1 it might be worth if for that alone.

#3323 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Blokus - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Brain Challenge - $0.99
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Earthworm Jim HD - $0.99
Modern Combat: Domination - $0.99 - Move Compatible
Tank Battles - $0.99
TV Show King - $0.99
UNO - $0.99

Any of these worthwhile? Quite the mark down for many of them which makes me wary as to their quality.

Any recommendations or warnings?

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3324 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Anyone know if Valkyria Chronicles 2 - PSP is complete with DLC?

#3325 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Any of these worthwhile? Quite the mark down for many of them which makes me wary as to their quality.

The only one I already had was Tank Battles and I would definitely recommend that for 99 cents. It is like a super-charged updated version of the old Atari Tank game - worth it for that alone if you grew up playing that game like I did. Having said that, it is a good game in its own right - no need for any nostalgia to enjoy it.

#3326 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Anyone play the latter? I can't find any reviews for the PS3 version but I assume it is the same game, more or less, as the WiiWare one:
http://www.metacriti...ii/tv-show-king

Definitely mixed reviews there... But these are the only types of games I can get my 15 year-old daughter to play any more so for $1 it might be worth if for that alone.

My 10 and 13 year old nieces both loved playing the TV Show King games on Wii. I don't think you can go wrong for $1 even if you do not like game shows.

#3327 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Blokus is a more than decent puzzle game, I only played it for about an hour, it's hard but fun. I would have been addicted except I kept losing.

Brain Challenge is a "brain training" game with a few mediocre minigames. Definitely the worst of the bunch.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance is the best value in this sale. 10-15 hours of gameplay, it's a very generic but passable dungeon crawler.

Earthworm Jim HD is a fun but dated platformer. Nostalgia glasses will help enhance the value, but still an easy recommend for $1.

Modern Combat: Domination is COD-lite, multiplayer only game (though it can be played with bots. No campaign though). Controls pretty much exactly as COD. Doesn't look nearly as good or have nearly the maps, but it's a fun diversion for $1.

Tank Battles is almost exactly like the tank minigame on WiiPlay, which was by far the best game on that disc. It has a fairly big campaign and I assume it has multiplayer, though I've never dabbled in it.

TV Show King is basically just a TV game show. Keep in mind that not all the questions are about TV, there are a wide range of subjects. I only played this one for less than an hour, but I was actually impressed with the quality of questions in the game.

Uno is the virtual version of the card game. Multiplayer is really the best part of the game, and only if you really like the game (I don't personally care for Uno at all, too much luck involved).

TL;DR - Easily recommend all of them for $1 except for Brain Challenge which I only kinda-sorta recommend because it's so cheap.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3328 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Dungeon Hunter is a quality dungeon crawling RPG.

#3329 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Just checked, still $30 on the Vita.

What a joke.

#3330 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Dungeon hunter and modern combat are just watered down games of their genre but for 99c, they are more than worth it.

The one I definitely recommend is blockus. I spent tons of hours on my iPod. I wish I could post a video but Im on my smart phone.

Personally I'm getting all of them because there is no big con for a 99 cent game.

EIPsyCongroo.png