Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3391 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Infamous 2 was removed from PS+? I don't remember seeing that announced.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3392 rpg

rpg

Selling walking dead s2 PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

discounts will only be good through 1/7/2013

inFAMOUS 2 (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $19.99)

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           inFamous first light $1 Timeshare

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3393 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wait, I thought Infamous, LBP and Ratchet & Clank were staying so they could use them in advertisements for Plus.

#3394 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Wait, I thought Infamous, LBP and Ratchet & Clank were staying so they could use them in advertisements for Plus.

I'm pretty sure it's still free. If I wasn't at work I'd check.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3395 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Is there any way to buy the $.99 games without spending $5?

Yes try to to get a 3$ psn code and you can buy 3 games of 0.99$

#3396 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

LBP2 & R&C are still free. I'm not seeing Infamous anymore in the "Free Games" section.

#3397 rpg

rpg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

megaman took infamous 2 out

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           inFamous first light $1 Timeshare

#3398 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Anybody recommend any of these besides N.O.V.A.? I played N.O.V.A. on a friend's PSP awhile back and it was a good sci-fi first person shooter. Might get that one for sure at that price.

BreakQuest - $0.99 *
Hero of Sparta - $0.99 *
Jane’s Hotel - $0.99 *
Let’s Golf - $0.99 *
N.O.V.A. - $0.99 *
Normaltanks - $0.99 *

#3399 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

megaman took infamous 2 out

Hmm...interesting. I almost wonder if it was an accident (like, maybe when they revereted the sale price on Infamous 2 they accidentally took it out of the PS+ lineup.) It was never announced that it would be removed, right? Or did I just miss it somehow?

On their PS+ home page, Infamous 2 is right there next to MegaMan.

http://us.playstatio...aystation-plus/

#3400 rpg

rpg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hmm...interesting. I almost wonder if it was an accident (like, maybe when they revereted the sale price on Infamous 2 they accidentally took it out of the PS+ lineup.) It was never announced that it would be removed, right? Or did I just miss it somehow?

Last Chance for Infamous 2 was never announced maybe holidays are to blame.

#3401 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm almost certain this is the case. I remember someone on the blog asking when those 3 I listed would be replaced and the guy said it would be awhile since it takes a while to change up all their ads.

#3402 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I have a question about PS+. I downloaded MM9+10 last night but didn't install it. I was going to install it this morning after working out but found that it had already been stalled. I also saw that the GOW: Ascension MP beta had also been downloaded, which is odd because I didn't try to download. Anyway, does PS+ install games for you automatically during the time period you specify for automatic updates? Also, does PS+ always automatically download betas for games?

#3403 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo coming to PS+ Jan. 22nd, will be available to everyone else the week after. It's different from the one that was on the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3404 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have a question about PS+. I downloaded MM9+10 last night but didn't install it. I was going to install it this morning after working out but found that it had already been stalled. I also saw that the GOW: Ascension MP beta had also been downloaded, which is odd because I didn't try to download. Anyway, does PS+ install games for you automatically during the time period you specify for automatic updates? Also, does PS+ always automatically download betas for games?

PS+ installs game for you. I have my PS set up so I get all my downloading and installing done at night when I'm not using the system. Think PS+ downloads beta if you have the option selected.

#3405 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo coming to PS+ Jan. 22nd, will be available to everyone else the week after. It's different from the one that was on the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.

Also the game is being priced at $39.99, which is nice.

#3406 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

PS+ installs game for you. I have my PS set up so I get all my downloading and installing done at night when I'm not using the system. Think PS+ downloads beta if you have the option selected.

Good to know. Thanks.

#3407 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

$39.99 for a cross-buy is aweseome! If the demo is any good I'll probably have to pick this up.

#3408 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Can't wait to get Sly on PSN!

#3409 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Anyone try to play the game to see if it still plays

#3410 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's funny how other threads are full of skeptics and people angry that deals aren't low enough but this one is always full of mass consumerism and purchasing digital items left and right.

That's cause we get lots of free stuff. It makes paying a little more for games we want much more palatable. I'll gladly pay $10-20 for a game I want if it means I get to keep enjoying PS+ benefits. Keep bringing the deals Sony and I'll keep emptying my wallet for you.

#3411 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

It's funny how other threads are full of skeptics and people angry that deals aren't low enough but this one is always full of mass consumerism and purchasing digital items left and right.

And complaining about free games.
Posted Image

#3412 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Anybody recommend any of these besides N.O.V.A.? I played N.O.V.A. on a friend's PSP awhile back and it was a good sci-fi first person shooter. Might get that one for sure at that price.

BreakQuest - $0.99 *
Hero of Sparta - $0.99 *
Jane’s Hotel - $0.99 *
Let’s Golf - $0.99 *
N.O.V.A. - $0.99 *
Normaltanks - $0.99 *

Let's Golf is very similar (but less refined) to Hot Shots Golf.
Hero of Sparta is very similar to God of War (with even the same exact color orbs doing the exact same things).

Both of those games are fine copies of the genre and well worth 99 cents in my opinion.

#3413 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

No it isn't. At least the PS3 version (which includes a free Vita copy) isn't; it's still $59.99 MSRP. The Vita-only version is $39.99

decker%2001.jpg

#3414 rpg

rpg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

^The news about prices was today so stores will update it just wait.

$39.99 on ps3
$29.99 on ps vita

Spoiler

Edited by rpg, 09 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#3415 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

No it isn't. At least the PS3 version (which includes a free Vita copy) isn't; it's still $59.99 MSRP. The Vita-only version is $39.99

The PS3 version is $39.99 while the Vita version is $29.99

#3416 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Not trying to stir the + pot more, but I find it interesting the difference between the NA and EU region's Sly Cooper Treasure Design Contests.

The NA contest took over 6 mos to announce the winners and they gave the prizes to "Cane Polish" and a "Cookie Jar". BORING! Both are nondescript bottles/jars. Those are the winning designs? I refuse to believe those are the most creative entries. They hinted earlier that there were legal issues that kept them from announcing the NA winners, so maybe the really good entries couldn't be chosen for copyright violation or some such.

The winners of the EU Sly Cooper contest were announced last July (over 6 mos ago!) and had much more interesting treasures (Egyptian Vase, Spyglass):
http://blog.eu.plays...ners-announced/

Of course, everyone values treasures differently, and maybe most of the NA market really prefers plain jars and bottles over vases and telescopes.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#3417 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not trying to stir the + pot more, but I find it interesting the difference between the NA and EU region's Sly Cooper Treasure Design Contests.

The NA contest took over 6 mos to announce the winners and they gave the prizes to "Cane Polish" and a "Cookie Jar". BORING! Both are nondescript bottles/jars. Those are the winning designs? I refuse to believe those are the most creative entries. They hinted earlier that there were legal issues that kept them from announcing the NA winners, so maybe the really good entries couldn't be chosen for copyright violation or some such.

The winners of the EU Sly Cooper contest were announced last July (over 6 mos ago!) and had much more interesting treasures (Egyptian Vase, Spyglass):
http://blog.eu.plays...ners-announced/

Of course, everyone values treasures differently, and maybe most of the NA market really prefers plain jars and bottles over vases and telescopes.

Well you have to remember that EU also supports art by doing "The Studio", which the US gets some of, but not all.

Like this was an EU dynamic theme that we never got. http://blog.eu.plays...eme/#more-79155

They also did a contest for a print of it, so I think they do a little more. Not going to knock the US though, since the Houseparty promotion still beats out Plus / anything EU is doing by a wide margin.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3418 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Is Modern Combat multi player only? Is it still active online? Hopefully not just with veterans who decimate newcomers?

it's the poor man's Counterstrike. I highly recommend just searching your couch for loose change and getting Counterstrike instead, it's FAR superior in every conceivable way, including player base.

Modern Combat: Domination is COD-lite, multiplayer only game (though it can be played with bots. No campaign though). Controls pretty much exactly as COD. Doesn't look nearly as good or have nearly the maps, but it's a fun diversion for $1.

it is definitely NOT cod lite - that will just confuse people. it's a Counterstrike ripoff.

#3419 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

The PS3 version is $39.99 while the Vita version is $29.99

Wow, I stand corrected then. I even did a Google search and found no mention of a price reduction.

decker%2001.jpg

#3420 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

From the PS+ Forums:

The removal of inFAMOUS 2 from PS Plus was an error associated with the wider sale on it ending. We're fixing this now and it should be back in the collection by next week at the latest. - Morgan Haro