Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3421 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s-the-top-spot/

The Top-Selling PSN Content for December 2012:

Securing placement on several Game of the Year lists, as well as receiving accolades for its gameplay, music, and delivery on a truly breakthrough experience, Journey returns to the top of these charts in a fitting good-bye to 2012.

Other notable PS3 entries include the original Mass Effect, which debuted on the PS3 for the first time earlier in December. New release Guardians of Middle Earth cracked the top ten, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale continued to delight gamers, while other Game of the Year favorite The Walking Dead made its mark on the chart.

2012 was quite a year for the PlayStation Network, which offered the best in download only games like Journey, or The Unfinished Swan, as well as new-release AAA titles like Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed 3. We’re excited to bring you more great content in 2013, so keep your eye on these charts to see what next year’s shakers and movers will be!

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games

• Journey
  • Mass Effect
  • Far Cry 3
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • The Walking Dead – Episode 5: No Time Left
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Assassin’s Creed III
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Guardians of Middle-earth
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • The Walking Dead – Episode 4: Around Every Corner
  • TOKYO JUNGLE
  • Okami HD
  • Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
  • GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS
  • Two Worlds II: VELVET Game of the Year Edition
  • I Am Alive
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Portal 2
  • The Walking Dead – Episode 3: Long Road Ahead

Top 10 PS Vita Games
  • LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
  • Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
  • Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita
  • METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION PS Vita
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
  • Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
  • Unit 13

Top 5 PS3 Add-Ons
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Season Pass
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack
  • Assassin’s Creed III The Hidden Secrets Pack
  • Borderlands 2 – Mechromancer Pack
  • Borderlands 2 Collector’s Edition Pack

Top 5 PS2 Classics
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Bully
  • Grand Theft Auto 3
  • Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Top 5 PS one Classics
  • FINAL FANTASY VII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  • FINAL FANTASY IX (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  • LEGEND OF DRAGOON (PS3/PSP)
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  • Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP)

Top 5 PSP Games
  • UNO PSP
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
  • NBA 2K13 PSP
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II

Top 5 PS Minis
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Monopoly
  • The Impossible Game
  • Zombie Racers
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition

I saw that at least the PS3 Full Game list on the PS Store was updated for December with Mass Effect at #1, so it being this high wasn't a surprise. I am surprised that five of the top ten are full games with Two Worlds II being the only other full game in the Top 20.

#3422 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

The Top-Selling PSN Content for December 2012:

I saw that at least the PS3 Full Game list on the PS Store was updated for December with Mass Effect at #1, so it being this high wasn't a surprise. I am surprised that five of the top ten are full games with Two Worlds II being the only other full game in the Top 20.

Portal 2 is actually on there as well, at #19.

I, too, am continually surprised at the success of day one digital releases. And GTA IV. Seriously, GTA IV has been in the top 20 (and usually in the top 10) for every month since February 2012, excluding October. Am I missing something here? Why would the digital version of this game be so popular?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#3423 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Maybe this is a silly question but how do the mechanics work for the automatic trophy syncing, installs, and updates for Plus? I know you can set the system to do it during a certain time period but does the PS3 actually make that loud startup beep and run the fans and everything or is it more unobtrusive that actually turning your system on and using it normally?

My two PS3s are in a bedroom and one behind entertainment center doors that I have to open when I want to use it. Neither would be too conducive to having the PS3 run warm and/or loud in the middle of the night. I've always left those features disabled for fear of that.

#3424 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Maybe this is a silly question but how do the mechanics work for the automatic trophy syncing, installs, and updates for Plus? I know you can set the system to do it during a certain time period but does the PS3 actually make that loud startup beep and run the fans and everything or is it more unobtrusive that actually turning your system on and using it normally?

My two PS3s are in a bedroom and one behind entertainment center doors that I have to open when I want to use it. Neither would be too conducive to having the PS3 run warm and/or loud in the middle of the night. I've always left those features disabled for fear of that.

Yeah, its a full boot up but takes usually no more than 5 min depending on what's being downloaded.

#3425 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I set mine at the 4-6 AM time and it never wakes me up. Sometimes I've already waken up when it turns on but it's really not that loud. Also, like perfect says, it's never on for very long.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3426 dallow

dallow

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

UNO is the number one PSP game.

I wonder why? ;)

#3427 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Portal 2 is actually on there as well, at #19.

I, too, am continually surprised at the success of day one digital releases. And GTA IV. Seriously, GTA IV has been in the top 20 (and usually in the top 10) for every month since February 2012, excluding October. Am I missing something here? Why would the digital version of this game be so popular?

It's Grand Theft Auto and it's $20. That's about all it really needs for most people. GTA3 was at the top of the PS2 Classics every month since release until December when Bully and GTA San Andreas' releases pushed it to #3.

#3428 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

You could always set it to go on when you're awake but not going to use the PS3 like if you're not home.

#3429 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo coming to PS+ Jan. 22nd, will be available to everyone else the week after. It's different from the one that was on the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.

good, because that was the shortest demo I've ever played

#3430 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

i highly recommend modern combat and dungeon alliance for 99 cents each.

#3431 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

good, because that was the shortest demo I've ever played

Is that so? If you get bored, I'd recommend downloading the Heavenly Sword demo sometime.
Posted Image

#3432 kinjutsu11

kinjutsu11

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Is that so? If you get bored, I'd recommend downloading the Heavenly Sword demo sometime.

For a long demo, I recommend downloading the full Heavenly Sword game. :D

#3433 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I wonder why? ;)

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that.

#3434 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for the replies on the automatic updates. So I'm assuming that means it does the big startup beep? I don't know why but that has always bothered me and seems unnecessary. There is an LED on the front of the system for a reason. I don't need audio feedback as well.

#3435 erwos

erwos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm really quite tempted to burn a one month PS+ code and buy the VC2 bundle.

#3436 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Looks like I'm going to need to cash in my 1 month trial finally as I would like to get Double Dragon Neon before it goes poof. Plus Mega Man, etc, etc.
Posted Image

#3437 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

99 cent sales are exactly what PSN needs!!

#3438 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Siren coming as a PS2 classic Tuesday.

http://blog.us.plays...on-psn-tuesday/

Never played it myself, and after reading a review or two, it seems like it pretty frustrating/slow paced. But someone might be happy about this..

#3439 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

PS Store on the web for US coming later this month, automatic downloads in the works.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3440 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

PS Store on the web for US coming later this month, automatic downloads in the works.

Thanks for posting this! About time.

#3441 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Excellent. I'm gonna waste so much time at work browsing it!

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#3442 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Grabbed Earth Worm Jim HD last night, even played some online multiplayer. As a game rebuilt from the ground up, it's pretty good. (No code was reused, etc.)

cagSig.png515886.png

#3443 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Finally! Glad to hear. :D

#3444 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Where is my Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on PS2 Classics.!

NighT_Ryder31.png

10-22-00NoMercy_zpsb3f716d7.gif

#3445 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Earthworm Jim HD for .99!!!! :whee: Every masochist's favorite game. Probably get Dungeon Hunters as well since so many recommend it.

I wonder why? ;)

LOL. Also ironic that there's a massive Gameloft sale this week.

Thanks for the replies on the automatic updates. So I'm assuming that means it does the big startup beep?

No, it thankfully comes on without the beep. The only noise it sometimes makes is from the disc spinning.

#3446 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wake-Up Club hitting PSN for Vita next Tuesday for free.

As someone who has to wake up every weekday at 7:30 AM, I might as well try this out, especially with free trophies. There'll also be themes like Journey & Tokyo Jungle for only 25 cents.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3447 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I wonder why? ;)

Maybe it's playable on the Vita.O:)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3448 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Siren coming as a PS2 classic Tuesday.

http://blog.us.plays...on-psn-tuesday/

Never played it myself, and after reading a review or two, it seems like it pretty frustrating/slow paced. But someone might be happy about this..

Hmmm... I have been thinking about getting that for $2.99 from GameStop across town. I wonder how much Sony will charge...

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3449 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hmmm... I have been thinking about getting that for $2.99 from GameStop across town. I wonder how much Sony will charge...

If it's like the other PS2 Classics, $9.99.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3450 vherub

vherub

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Great to see store shopping online, I will be less likely to miss out on sales now.