Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3451 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm really quite tempted to burn a one month PS+ code and buy the VC2 bundle.

First, the VC2 bundle was taken down a while ago and there isn't any PS+ aspect of the VC2 price drop, so don't use it for nothing.

#3452 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Fuck yeah wake-up club! see you bastards at 5am!

#3453 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

If it's like the other PS2 Classics, $9.99.

Hmmm... Guess I'll snag it retail, eventually.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3454 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

hey thats cool about Siren I hope they put Siren 2 up on the US store I think it was only released in Japan and Europe

#3455 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Fuck yeah wake-up club! see you bastards at 5am!

I found my trophy boosting partner jk

#3456 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here is the full list of next week's releases:

Deals
Derrick the Deathfin
Droplitz
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - Vita
Orgarhythm - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Rayman Origins - Vita
Sumioni Demon Arts - Vita

Games
Angry Birds Trilogy
DMC Devil May Cry - $59.99

PS2 Classics
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Siren

Add-ons
Far Cry 3

Themes
Injustice: Gods Among Us

PSP Games
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - $19.99 - Vita Compatible

Vita Apps
Wake Up Club - Free

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 11 January 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#3457 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sweet, I'm interested in the possible Deathfin and Suimoni deals. Also, glad to see Orgarhythm is getting a price drop.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3458 audioheretic

audioheretic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here is the full list of next week's releases:

Deals
Deathfin
Droplitz
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - Vita
Orgarhythm - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Rayman Origins - Vita
Sumioni Demon Arts - Vita

Games
Angry Birds Trilogy
DMC Devil May Cry - $59.99

PS2 Classics
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Siren

Add-ons
Far Cry 3

Themes
Injustice: Gods Among Us

PSP Games
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows - $19.99 - Vita Compatible

Vita Apps
Wake Up Club - Free

Any word on the price for DH:A for the Vita?

#3459 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'm almost certainly going to pick up Book of Shadows, as I know a sale is unlikely to come any time even remotely soon (if ever) and boosting day-one sales helps groups like XSEED get more things greenlit.

As for the sales... I got Rayman last month, and I'm not sure about any of the others. I don't think Orgarhythm is for me (I should probably try the demo) and I've only heard awful things about Sumioni - which is a shame because it looks gorgeous. Maybe Derek the Deathfin...

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#3460 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Thanks Frisky, I guess I missed the whole part about deals and add-ons. I deleted my post.

Definitely interested in possible deals on Rayman, Dungeon Hunter, Sumioni, and the Orgarhythm price drop.

Has anyone played Sumioni, how is it? I know reviewers seemed pretty underwhelmed with it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3461 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Sumioni Demon Arts looks interesting but I've never really heard any good (or bad) things about it. Anyone have any opinions on it?

#3462 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Any word on the price for DH:A for the Vita?

No.

#3463 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

There's a Sumioni demo if you guys are interested.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3464 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

There are demos for all of those Vita games.

#3465 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hmmm... Guess I'll snag it retail, eventually.

It may only be $2.99 but with Gamestop getting rid of PS2 games I wouldn't wait too long to pick that up. It's only available at a few places near me and unavailable online.

I'm going to miss having a backlog. :cry:

#3466 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Played some Dungeon Hunter Alliance the other night and there was plenty of people online playing. I didn't enjoy the Vita version that much but I really am enjoying the PS3 version.

Weird since it's the same exact game.

Easily worth 99 cents.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#3467 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Sumioni Demon Arts looks interesting but I've never really heard any good (or bad) things about it. Anyone have any opinions on it?

I really liked Sumioni (as a person who likes the Japanese culture) and art form, so there is that. I also liked the combat and there were a fair number of stages, but there is virtually no replayablity past alternate paths. Ask yourself if a 5 hour 100% (trophies included) is worth it to you and then make a choice.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3468 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'm playing the demo of Sumioni now and goddamn but it is beautiful. If it's less than 10 bucks for Plus I just might get it.

EDIT: Finished the demo. If it's $7.50 or less I'll definitely bite, if it's 10 I'll think about it pretty hard. I can see why the reviews are negative - it's chaotic and the controls are very loose, which I can see being frustrating when the difficulty ramps up. The presentation is just so fantastic though that I think I could overlook some sloppy gameplay. We'll see!

Edited by Graff^, 11 January 2013 - 02:27 AM.

TheSporkWithin.png

#3469 Tonnous24

Tonnous24

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Is Quantum Conundrum no longer free for plus members? Shows up as full price for me.

#3470 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Probably should try the demos for Orgarhythm (especially since it was added recently) & Sumioni before they get discounted.

& huh, original Disgaea is being added to PS Store. Though for $5 more, there's an enhanced PSP version you can download on the Vita.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3471 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Seeing Derrick the Deathfin is going to be on sale reminded me that I picked it up a while ago in as part of a big trade with another CAG, but I never really checked it out. So I just played the first world right now and it's a really fun game. The controls are a tad floaty but pretty easy to get used to. I don't think it has a ton of content (I beat the first of 4 worlds in less than 30 minutes, but didn't get gold on every level) but sometimes it's nice to play a smaller game. And it just oozes personality, it's hard not to smile while playing the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3472 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Comeon Sony make a 99 cent DH Vita deal happen lol

#3473 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Less than $10 for rayman origins, PLEASE

PSN is giving vita so much love

#3474 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

A free alarm app with trophies...? Oh man, this is gonna be an interesting grind.

Also, damn, Sumioni on sale too? I keep looking at the import one (hovering around ~$14 or so before fees/shipping/etc) and thinking that's too expensive for a no-plat game. One of these days I'll splurge and just grab it and Dokuro since I like physical carts.

#3475 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

I really liked Sumioni (as a person who likes the Japanese culture) and art form, so there is that. I also liked the combat and there were a fair number of stages, but there is virtually no replayablity past alternate paths. Ask yourself if a 5 hour 100% (trophies included) is worth it to you and then make a choice.

Cool! Sounds kinda interesting. I'm still playing Persona Golden & Dokuro but if its the right price ill probably bite. Thanks for the response

#3476 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Less than $10 for rayman origins, PLEASE

PSN is giving vita so much love

I'd be surprised (and feel ever so slightly burned) if they put it on sale for less than the $14 and change it was for the holiday sale. I'd bet that would be what to expect though; $19 something for non-Plus and $14 something for Plus members.

TheSporkWithin.png

#3477 Solori

Solori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I am so proud of myself for resisting the 99 cent games. I'm like a recovering sale-aholic. I played the demo for the dungeon game and just couldn't imagine it ever leaving backlog status so I just said no.

Also want to give Eufloria some love. I'm not a big rts fan, but Ireally enjoyed this game. I'm more a turn based strategy gamer so I liked the slower pacing and smaller scale simplicity of this game.

I wonder if the PS2 Siren release will prompt a sale on the PSN Siren? I've been waiting for a sale forever. I 100% the ps2 siren back in the day. Don't know if I would be able to do that these days. It took a lot of trial and error and huge amounts of patience to get through that game.

#3478 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Jetpack Joyride is super addictive. I should have never downloaded that game... my poor PSV won't get to play anything else for awhile.

#3479 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

So is the DLC for Valyria Chronicles 2 worth a damn? I saw that someone earlier mentioned the bundle with the game and DLC was pulled (why? :/), and now I see only the game itself and DLC pack 2. I want to get the game (finally), but I'd be pissed if the bundle came back with all the DLC at this price point.

#3480 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

same here, would like to get the bundle if its offered again. about to play valkyria chronicle 1 :)