Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3481 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Is Quantum Conundrum no longer free for plus members? Shows up as full price for me.

They cycle out games after a few weeks. In the future, make sure to add to cart and checkout to associate it with your account permanently for the duration of your PS Plus membership.

#3482 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Played some Dungeon Hunter Alliance the other night and there was plenty of people online playing. I didn't enjoy the Vita version that much but I really am enjoying the PS3 version.

Weird since it's the same exact game.

Easily worth 99 cents.

Some games are just more fun on dat big screen ;)

Lemme know if you're done for some co-op sometime :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3483 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Wooooot! I was finally able to finish downloading Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition without it corrupting. Pretty sure I've downloaded that 18gb goliath three or four times over by now.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#3484 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Jetpack Joyride is super addictive. I should have never downloaded that game... my poor PSV won't get to play anything else for awhile.

Tell me about it. I bought it on the first day it was released on the App Store. At the time it wasn't free (99 cents) and played the crap out of it on my iPhone. Unlocking everything and getting most of the achievements.

I've played it so much though it's hard for me to play it again. It's on like every single platform all of the sudden. Windows 8 version has 360 achievements, and then there's the PS3 & Vita versions for trophies.

Probably will wait for another big update to give me a excuse to go through ti all again.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#3485 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Shoot, I might just buy all of the $0.99 games! I have about $15 sitting my PSN wallet.

Edit: Just watched a bunch of reviews/trailer videos of all of the $0.99 games and have narrowed it all down.

PS3
Blokus - $0.99 - Move Compatible * (Didn't really interest me.)
Brain Challenge - $0.99 * (Seems okay.)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $0.99 - Move Compatible * (Probably track down Baldur's Gate 2: Deadly Alliance if I don't get this.)
Earthworm Jim HD - $0.99 * (I think I have this already.)
Modern Combat: Domination - $0.99 - Move Compatible * (Will get if there's offline bots.)
Tank Battles - $0.99 * (Seems nice, kind of reminds me of the Wii Play tank game.)
TV Show King - $0.99 * (Not interested.)
UNO - $0.99 * (Have it somewhere, maybe 360.)

Minis -
5-in-1 Arcade Hits - $0.99 (I have this already.)
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - $0.99 (Seems okay.)
BreakQuest - $0.99 * (Might get, have Arkanoid DS already.)
Hero of Sparta - $0.99 * (Seems okay.)
The Impossible Game - $0.99 (Definitely getting.)
Jane’s Hotel - $0.99 * (Seems okay.)
Let’s Golf - $0.99 * (Not bad, looks like a Hot Shots Golf type game.)
MiniSquadron - $0.99 (Seems nice.)
N.O.V.A. - $0.99 * (Seems nice.)
Normaltanks - $0.99 * (Seems nice.)
One Epic Game - $0.99 (Seems okay.)

PSP
Brain Challenge - $0.99* (Might get the PS3 version instead.)

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 11 January 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#3486 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Finally the store is coming to the web! Hopefully its a much better experience than using it on the PS3

After launching a Web browser version of the PlayStation Store in Europe last year, Sony is ready to bring the feature to North America this month. Speaking with CNET, Sony Network Entertainment COO Shawn Layden confirmed that U.S. gamers will be able to view store content and buy it from their browser of choice – “Eventually, the Web store will allow users to buy a game on the browser and have that content automatically downloaded on the PlayStation 3,” the article states.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/playstation-store-coming-to-the-web
Posted Image

#3487 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I hope theres a huge number of people that abandon the PS3 store in favor of the web one and that prompts sony to update the PS3 store to something usable.

It would be REALLY funny if people ended up using their PS3 browser to shop the store rather than the actual store app.

god I hate the PS3 store.

#3488 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Gotta say...I was sitting around last night and had a few minutes to spare while waiting for my buddy to get on so we could play Borderlands 2. So I thought, "meh...I'll see what Retro City Rampage is like".

The game is pure genius. I've never seen so many instances of pop culture referenced in such a short period of time. I was laughing my ass off. Then, to top off the night, we get on Borderlands and end up doing the TMNT pizza and Top Gun volleyball missions.

Now I want to watch Porky's and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

#3489 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

So the store won't let me download the Mega Man 9&10 combo pack for free since I already own Mega Man 10. What's up with that? I guess no Mega Man 9 for me! Lame.

#3490 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

So the store won't let me download the Mega Man 9&10 combo pack for free since I already own Mega Man 10. What's up with that? I guess no Mega Man 9 for me! Lame.

Did you check to see if you can download 9 on its own?

#3491 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

PlayStation Store Update 01-08-13 Frequently Asked Questions

• I downloaded Mega Man 9 / 10 individually, but now I can’t download the Mega Man 9+10 Bundle free in Plus. How can I take advantage of the Plus offer?
    If you own Mega Man 9 or 10 already, just search for the one you don’t already own. You’ll be able to find Mega Man 9 and 10 free for Plus members as individual titles.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3492 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I ended up wanting to try out a few of the .99 games but I know I hve to put at least $5 into the wallet so decided to just check out more than 1 game.
I got: Blokus, Tank Battles, Earthworm Jim HD, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Normal Tanks and The Impossible Game.
I was disappointed by how bad Earthworm Jim is. Love these types of games too but it's so bland to me. Bosses suck, can't shoot while jumping etc.
I've already played TIG so I knew what to expect.
Blokus is amazingly fun once you learn how to not suck complete butt cheeks at it. No joke.
Tank Battles is just a more fun and more fast paced AND VARIED form of Bomberman. Love both, would honestly rather play T.B. because it's just harder to win in.
Normal Tanks might sound generic and bland but it's decent. I love these kinds of games but on Normal it is a tad bit too easy but super fun all the way through.
Dungeon Hunter Alliance is extreeeeemely simple to understand and most have played games similar (and probably better) but it's a decent game if you wanna chill out and relax with this. I already know about Gameloft's reputation whenever I buy a game from them and I don't expect a 5 star game, ever. If you can understand that, then I'll gladly say this game is pretty fun. At least with multi. Don't expect deep character customization or a good story.
For people with questions about Modern Combat. The online community plays like once a week maybe two. You will probably never find a full game but bots fill spaces. Yes there are offline bots and for .99 yes the game is worth it. I enjoyed it a lot before CS came to consoles. I'd say it's really really rough around the edges and low sensitivity makes it so you can't play this like CoD (your twitch fingers won't work here) just good aim and keeping your shots always aimed to the face.

#3493 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Velocity Getting Remade for PS Vita as Velocity Ultra

http://blog.us.plays...velocity-ultra/

#3494 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Velocity Getting Remade for PS Vita as Velocity Ultra

http://blog.us.plays...velocity-ultra/

That's pretty cool. I was going to get Velocity, but I'll hold off for this remake.

Reminds me of Pac-Man Championship Edition being a mini. While the Deluxe version was only on the PS3 instead of both the PS3 and the PSP/Vita. As far as I know.

Still hoping for Galaga Legions to be turned into a mini, even if it isn't the Deluxe version. (I know about the 3DS version, but not having much luck finding a new copy for less than $20.)

Got Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. I didn't know it was going to be the bundle as the freebie. I figured it would be the individual games. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I never bought the games at all.

#3495 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the .99 game reviews. I am going to try out a few of them for my Vita but will probably skip the PS3 only versions as my backlog is much larger there.

Do any of you find the Vita Trigger Grips (or another brand) to be useful? I'm not sure if it is because my hands are small but the Vita always feels a bit precarious in my grip when I use it.

On another note, I finally bit on Tokyo Jungle when it was on sale and have enjoyed playing it so far although I haven't unlocked any new animals yet. I think my recent Vita purchase plus the addition of remote play will finally convince me to get internet access. Right now I split the cost of service with a friend which means I have to drag my hardware around on a regular basis. Not a huge deal when I only had my PS3 but I am missing out on new features that would be fun to use.

Edit: Forgot to the mention that access to a web store will be huge for me right now because I will at least be able to make quick purchases from work and not have to transport my hardware until I am ready to download. Finally!

#3496 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

The best . .99 cent ps3 games are
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
modern Combat: Domination

#3497 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Do any of you find the Vita Trigger Grips (or another brand) to be useful? I'm not sure if it is because my hands are small but the Vita always feels a bit precarious in my grip when I use it.

I have the PDP PSVita Trigger Grips and think they're excellent without being as bulky/unwieldly as some of the more extreme looking additions. I actually wish the system was built like the PDP Grips. Aside from a few Death Mode levels in Sound Shapes where the tiniest bit of extra responsiveness mattered, I've used the Grips for basically every game I've played and couldn't imagine using the system without them.

I would caution that they feel a bit flimsy when off the system (the lower 'bar' that connects the two sides is very thin, but they're very easy to add/remove), they don't fit in my case and I'll probably need to replace it every year or so, but they MSRP for $14.99 so it's not an outlandish expense.

#3498 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I bought a grip from Amazon and it makes playing the vita 10x easier. I don't consider myself to have big hand but the vita is just a tad bit too small. Highly recommend a grip.

#3499 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I bought a grip from Amazon and it makes playing the vita 10x easier. I don't consider myself to have big hand but the vita is just a tad bit too small. Highly recommend a grip.

Any particular brands you (or anyone else) would recommend? The ones I see the most are by Nyko & the Trigger Grip by PDP (which I see BWOzar recommended).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3500 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I bought CTA Digital brand from Amazon for $12 but i see them $9-10 all the time @ AWD

#3501 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

So let me get this straight, I can download a game from work via web and when I come home it will be ready to install?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#3502 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

So let me get this straight, I can download a game from work via web and when I come home it will be ready to install?

not for a while

#3503 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Not yet. At the moment, you can only purchase the game, then have it ready to download when you access your purchase history on your PS3. Sony's working on automatic downloads where once you buy it online & turn your PS3 on, it'll start downloading without having to go into your purchase history.

Not sure if it's like Media Go where you can download it on your PC, then transfer it over to the PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3504 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

If it's like how the Xbox system works, it will just put it in your download queue. You will still actually have to power on your PS3 before the download actually starts.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3505 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Any particular brands you (or anyone else) would recommend? The ones I see the most are by Nyko & the Trigger Grip by PDP (which I see BWOzar recommended).

I bought a Hori brand grip. It works really well. http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B006WJ70SS/

#3506 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Do u think we would see a deal for I am alive and counter-strike:global offensive any time soon

#3507 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Do u think we would see a deal for I am alive and counter-strike:global offensive any time soon

If I'm remembering correctly, we had both of those on sale about 3-4 weeks ago.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3508 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

Counter Strike Global Offensive (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)

I Am Alive (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)

#3509 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Any chance we see them on sale again soon

#3510 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Probably not.