Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3511 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Who can say? We're having another sale on Rayman Origins for Vita. I don't know what kind of response you're expecting.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#3512 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Any chance we see them on sale again soon

Never again.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3513 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Apparently I bought both Mega Man games already. Ah well. At least I picked up Dungeon Hunter and Earthworm Jim for a buck a piece. :)

#3514 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

i bought cta digital brand from amazon for $12 but i see them $9-10 all the time @ awd

+1

#3515 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Disgaea 2 will be released on PSN the week after next as a PS2 Classic:

Happy Friday! Before going into the weekend, we'd like to let you all know that NIS America will be releasing Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories as a PlayStation 2 Classics title on PSN! As many of you know, Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories was one of our most highly praised PS2 titles, so we are very excited to be able to make this fantastic title more accessible to our fans and all Strategy RPG lovers! Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories will be available as a PS2 Classics title on January 22nd for the amazing price of $9.99!

#3516 JD*

JD*

Massacre Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

would be awesome if they actually release dot hack series.. some of their games are kinda hard to get nowdays

MeMyselfAndJD.pngtumblr_mco65un4lN1rk3gouo1_250.gif

#3517 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

would be awesome if they actually release dot hack series.. some of their games are kinda hard to get nowdays

Yes!

#3518 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Disgaea 2 will be released on PSN the week after next as a PS2 Classic:

They must've run out of Dora the Explorer games.

As for the game itself, it's pretty good and if you enjoyed playing the PS3 Disgaea games like 3/4, there's really no reason why you wouldn't like 2.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3519 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

So Disgaea this Tuesday, & then the sequel the week after. Not bad, though again, if you have a Vita, you can download the PSP versions that have more content.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3520 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I have the PDP PSVita Trigger Grips and think they're excellent without being as bulky/unwieldly as some of the more extreme looking additions. I actually wish the system was built like the PDP Grips. Aside from a few Death Mode levels in Sound Shapes where the tiniest bit of extra responsiveness mattered, I've used the Grips for basically every game I've played and couldn't imagine using the system without them.

I would caution that they feel a bit flimsy when off the system (the lower 'bar' that connects the two sides is very thin, but they're very easy to add/remove), they don't fit in my case and I'll probably need to replace it every year or so, but they MSRP for $14.99 so it's not an outlandish expense.

I like the PDP grips, although it concerns me how the triggers could put extra wear on the Vita triggers. I recently found the eForcity grips which are less know, but pretty decent. eForcity does not have triggers (like CTA). I'm not sure which is better. Either one is definitely better than no grips at all.

#3521 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Oh god yes. I played all the games and the gu series when I was a little kid but sadly I sold them all awhile ago. I really want to replay the series for decent price whether it be hd or ps2 classics.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3522 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

About how long would you guys say Odin Sphere is?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3523 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

As for the game itself, it's pretty good and if you enjoyed playing the PS3 Disgaea games like 3/4, there's really no reason why you wouldn't like 2.

To be the devil's advocate here... I loved the rest of the series but didn't enjoy Disgaea 2.

The characters are extremely annoying, especially those with nails-on-chalkboard whiny voices.. the dialogue makes me cringe, while the writing in the rest of the series tends to be pretty funny. It also didn't seem to add much in the way of mechanics, compared to the other sequels, so the gameplay, to me, just felt like more of the same. For these reasons, it's the only Disgaea I haven't been able to finish.

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#3524 Slashlen

Slashlen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

To be the devil's advocate here... I loved the rest of the series but didn't enjoy Disgaea 2.

The characters are extremely annoying, especially those with nails-on-chalkboard whiny voices.. the dialogue makes me cringe, while the writing in the rest of the series tends to be pretty funny. It also didn't seem to add much in the way of mechanics, compared to the other sequels, so the gameplay, to me, just felt like more of the same. For these reasons, it's the only Disgaea I haven't been able to finish.

I still liked it, but 2 is definitely the runt of the litter. I didn't care that it didn't add much in mechanics, but it was a weak group of characters in general.

#3525 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sumioni demo was okay, felt like Okami as a 2D platformer, though having to use the rear touchscreen to refill your ink felt really awkward, plus switching from buttons to drawing platforms in the middle of battle & such was kind of annoying at times. Though for $10, it almost feels like getting. Any opinions?

Still not sure on Orgarhythm. I feel like I should like it (Pikmin + rhythm), especially if that's 1/2 off as well for $15, but I don't think I was sold on the demo. Maybe because it felt a bit too easy (which I'm sure the game gets harder), as there was barely any enemies to fight once I finished the tutorial & played the actual stage.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3526 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Gah, I love Mega Man 10 so much. Once you get over that hump, and get back in the groove, it gets a lot easier. Practice makes perfect in these games. I still don't quite understand how people get through the Wily stages without getting hit. Seems damn near impossible to me.

#3527 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sumioni demo was okay, felt like Okami as a 2D platformer, though having to use the rear touchscreen to refill your ink felt really awkward, plus switching from buttons to drawing platforms in the middle of battle & such was kind of annoying at times. Though for $10, it almost feels like getting. Any opinions?

Still not sure on Orgarhythm. I feel like I should like it (Pikmin + rhythm), especially if that's 1/2 off as well for $15, but I don't think I was sold on the demo. Maybe because it felt a bit too easy (which I'm sure the game gets harder), as there was barely any enemies to fight once I finished the tutorial & played the actual stage.

Keep in mind that Orgarhythm was the one that was announced as a permanent price drop. So if it's not cheap enough for you, just wait out for an additional sale on it.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#3528 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Gah, I love Mega Man 10 so much. Once you get over that hump, and get back in the groove, it gets a lot easier. Practice makes perfect in these games. I still don't quite understand how people get through the Wily stages without getting hit. Seems damn near impossible to me.

The key is practice makes perfect as you stated.

About how long would you guys say Odin Sphere is?

I've heard it's around 30-40 hours.

#3529 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I've heard it's around 30-40 hours.

Thanks, man.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3530 Pravado

Pravado

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

It wasn't really hard until Wily 1, cause theres 3 boss fights IIRC. But wily 4 is probably the harddest by far. 11 boss fights altogether. You can save after every level in MM10 to make it easier, and falling on spikes doesn't count if you have that item. Also you can play it on easy mode and as any character you want.

I played up to wily 1, gave up one day and forgot which save file had the perfect run going so I abandoned it rather than risk beating Wily 1-4 and then not getting the achievement

#3531 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

It wasn't really hard until Wily 1, cause theres 3 boss fights IIRC. But wily 4 is probably the harddest by far. 11 boss fights altogether. You can save after every level in MM10 to make it easier, and falling on spikes doesn't count if you have that item. Also you can play it on easy mode and as any character you want.

I played up to wily 1, gave up one day and forgot which save file had the perfect run going so I abandoned it rather than risk beating Wily 1-4 and then not getting the achievement

These boil down to luck / skill, but this still isn't as bad as beating Hard Corps without dying.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3532 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I agree but to less extent. Disgaea 2 is my least favorite in the series for the same reason but I liked it enough to finish it and would say it's definitely worth 10 bucks.

#3533 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

For me its 4>3 on Vita>1>3>2

I hated 2 for so many reasons, the characters were boring, and the story wasnt good at all. It just felt like a generic RPG story.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3534 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

25% of those hours on Odin Sphere will be entering restaurant, eating food, leaving restaurant, repeat...
and loading screens each step of the way...
Posted Image

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3535 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

The key is practice makes perfect as you stated.

These boil down to luck / skill, but this still isn't as bad as beating Hard Corps without dying.

I'm dreading Wily. I'm playing on Normal with Proto. I beat it just once with Bass, but I don't like his inability to shoot while moving. Plus Proto's shield and charge shot really come through in a tight spot. But as a frame of reference, when I first started on Tuesday after downloading, I couldn't make it through Sheep Man without dying at the first mini boss every single time. Now I can do it with my eyes closed. And I SUCK at platformers. So really, just keep it up and even a complete idiot can do it.

Like me!

#3536 Tvols1480

Tvols1480

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks, man.

http://howlongtobeat...php?gameid=1170

Here's some more info for you.

#3537 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Keep in mind that Orgarhythm was the one that was announced as a permanent price drop. So if it's not cheap enough for you, just wait out for an additional sale on it.

Ahh, forgot about that. Yeah, maybe I'll wait for that to happen, then another sale to let me focus on other games at the moment. Thanks for reminding me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3538 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

So I finally got back into Tokyo Jungle. I've just been unlocking animals as fast as I can until I get to the Black Panther, then I'll start leveling him up and use him to try to get the trophy for doing all of the challenges. Then I'll use one of the animals you get from beating the story to cheat my way to 100 years, haha.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3539 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Since we're kinda just talking about random games, I'll say that I've been extremely impressed with Dokuro. Finished up the game this afternoon, but I gotta go back and replay some levels to get my finish time under 250 minutes (I'm a slow player). I only had to look up solutions for about 5 levels, (one of which I just forgot the blue chalk existed) most the puzzles are tough but fair. Lots of content, was well worth my $9.99.

Don't know if I'll be going for the platinum, not sure I want to try and complete all of Stage 14 without getting hit.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#3540 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Ahh, forgot about that. Yeah, maybe I'll wait for that to happen, then another sale to let me focus on other games at the moment. Thanks for reminding me.

Not sure if it helps / matters, but I thought Orgarhythm is the worst Vita game at the moment (and I own Earth Defense Force). The gameplay is quite convoluted (it gets quite fast paced too =.=;;), it's not really long and it's impossible to platinum without finding someone who owns the game in person (or vita Ad Hoc party... though I don't know if it works). To this day I don't see why so many people reviewed it highly (averaged a 7 - 8). I assumed it was over it being unique / different, but so many people told me off that I like to assume I just missed something great about it.

Since we're kinda just talking about random games, I'll say that I've been extremely impressed with Dokuro. Finished up the game this afternoon, but I gotta go back and replay some levels to get my finish time under 250 minutes (I'm a slow player). I only had to look up solutions for about 5 levels, (one of which I just forgot the blue chalk existed) most the puzzles are tough but fair. Lots of content, was well worth my $9.99.

Don't know if I'll be going for the platinum, not sure I want to try and complete all of Stage 14 without getting hit.

Stage 14 isn't too bad once you know how to play the game. The hard one is beating the final boss, since you can only attack him during a few select instances.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.