Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3631 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

For people wondering about Stardrone, it's actually pretty fun. You slingshot a ship around a level with gravity pulls to collect stuff. The last levels are actually pretty rough, but luckily the trophies don't require gold medals on all stages, just a bronze minimum.

I played all of it on ps3 except for the last level, which I transferred over to Vita to beat. I think the controls are slightly better on Vita.

And I have no complaints about it being cheap for ps+ because it was only $4 for cross-buy anyway...

#3632 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

For people wondering about Stardrone, it's actually pretty fun. You slingshot a ship around a level with gravity pulls to collect stuff. The last levels are actually pretty rough, but luckily the trophies don't require gold medals on all stages, just a bronze minimum.

I played all of it on ps3 except for the last level, which I transferred over to Vita to beat. I think the controls are slightly better on Vita.

And I have no complaints about it being cheap for ps+ because it was only $4 for cross-buy anyway...

I suggest people play the demo cause I thought it was boring and annoying.

On another note, I got my 100% in Tokyo Jungle, wooo! Now I gotta decide if I want to finish unlocking the rest of the creatures or move on to another game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3633 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Maybe i'm in the minority here but I preferred the PS+ days where we got PSN games and PS classic games.

You're not alone. :)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#3634 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

You're not alone. :)

haven't used my psp go since they quit the minis and classics

#3635 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Say what you want but Darksiders sure beats Mega Man.

#3636 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Say what you want but Darksiders sure beats Mega Man.

I second that, don't get me wrong I love Mega Man, but rather have Darksiders

#3637 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I haven't played my PS3 for weeks. Been spending all my game time on the Vita

#3638 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

I suggest people play the demo cause I thought it was boring and annoying.

On another note, I got my 100% in Tokyo Jungle, wooo! Now I gotta decide if I want to finish unlocking the rest of the creatures or move on to another game.

Dinosaurs, mammoths!

#3639 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

\\:D/ Darksiders, another IGC title I haven't played. The streak continues! :applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3640 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I love my Vita. I forgot how awesome it is to just sit back with a handheld at home while half-watching something on Netflix that I've seen a million times (been re-watching Arrested Development and Star Trek TOS while playing Dokuro).

With a hot pizza and a cold beer, this is the life!

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3641 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I downloaded Mega Man 9/10, fired up 9... which reminded me that we had bought it on Wii. MM9 is impossible. I enjoyed MM10 much more, primarily due to easy mode.

Anyway, I also "purchased" Double Dragon Neon. Is it correct that it should download the "Demo"?

#3642 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I downloaded Mega Man 9/10, fired up 9... which reminded me that we had bought it on Wii. MM9 is impossible. I enjoyed MM10 much more, primarily due to easy mode.

Anyway, I also "purchased" Double Dragon Neon. Is it correct that it should download the "Demo"?

Yes. A lot of games download the demo and the unlock which is a very tiny download size.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3643 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Do you guys recommend earthworm jim and dungeon hunter (wished this was for Vita)? I know its 2 bucks, but hard to find time to play games now a days

#3644 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Dust 514's Open Beta launches January 22:

CCP Games today announced that on January 22, 2013, DUST 514 will officially move into Open Beta, free to download and play for anyone with a PlayStation®3. The path for the DUST 514 Open Beta was paved when, on January 10th, CCP achieved the major milestone of merging DUST 514 with EVE Online on the Tranquility server hosting the EVE Universe.

By uniting DUST 514 and EVE Online on the same single-shard server, CCP has accomplished something unprecedented in videogame history: a single persistent online universe of incredible depth and scale that bridges the PC and console platforms in real time. Furthermore, this marks the first time two games from different genres, a space combat simulator and a first-person shooter, have been linked together into one, massive online experience.

“The launch of the DUST 514 Open Beta is another step towards our long-term vision for CCP and EVE,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “But this is just the beginning. As we have done with EVE Online, in the coming weeks, and for years to come, we will continually improve upon and add to the DUST 514 experience , as well as add deeper integration between the two games and their communities.”

Now Eve Online’s New Eden is an even bigger and more diversified universe where two games of interstellar combat exist concurrently and impact each other constantly.

DUST 514 Open Beta Begins January 22, 2013

On January 22nd the wait will be over when Open Beta begins, but for DUST 514 mercenaries currently in the closed beta test, careers truly begin as of today. With no further character resets planned, every shot, every battle and every contract now counts.

More details about what happens to the existing mercenaries, load-outs, and corporations of DUST 514 during the brief migration period can be found at http://community.eve...blog&nbid=74180

Players not currently in the DUST 514 closed beta still have a chance to get a head start before Open Beta officially begins.

Available now through the PlayStation Store, the DUST 514 Mercenary Pack grants closed beta access, 40,000 Aurum and a host of in-game items for $19.99 (a $50 value), all of which will remain intact as DUST 514 rolls into the Open Beta. In addition, as a special bonus for players in the Closed Beta test, anyone who plays a match before January 22 will receive a 100,000 Skill Point bonus to take into the Open Beta.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#3645 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

DmC: Devil May Cry is up on the PlayStation Store.

#3646 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

DmC: Devil May Cry is up on the PlayStation Store.

can u tell me the file size thx

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3647 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

can u tell me the file size thx

6.5gb

#3648 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

I wish Baulder's gate or Champions of Norrath would come over to PSN. Now those were true dungeon crawlers with epic loot.

I really hope Snowblind studios gets another chance on the consoles soon, I bought War of the North full price to support them.

Baldur's Gate not a chance in hell given the state of the IP and the gold copy of the game between all the interested parties. CoN has a slim chance since it's based on a Sony-owned IP but I imagine WB would want a share of the profits. Isn't how that would work Frisky, or would Sony be able to get all money from a PSN release since Snowblind was independent when they did the game for Sony?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3649 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Has anybody played Darksiders on PS3 and PC? Which one is better?
Posted Image

#3650 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Darksiders??!? Why not Darksiders 2? Sucks!

Just kidding ;)

I have never played Darksiders, so this is will be awesome.

Darksiders is a joy -- the game unfolds much like a zelda game, but with solid combat (more along the lines of, say, god of war, for lack of a better comparison.)

Darksiders 2 is... ridiculously boring.

#3651 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Is Gungnir a good buy at $15, or should I wait until it drops to $7.50?

#3652 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

I've only played the 360 version, but reviews on Amazon indicate that it's best on PC even though there aren't too many graphical options.

#3653 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

The PC version has a higher framerate and resolution.

#3654 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I just added playstation plus and was looking for infamous 2 to download for free. It's listed in the OP. Is it still a free game to download, since it's saying 19.99?

#3655 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

They removed it (accidentally) and are adding it back this week I believe.

#3656 midloo

midloo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Is Gungnir a good buy at $15, or should I wait until it drops to $7.50?

Do you like SRPGs? They are my favorite genre. Gungnir is a solid one. I've enjoyed many of that developer's games and Gungnir was one of their better ones IMO. It's unforgiving - if you can enjoy that, I'd say it's easily worth $15.
Posted Image

#3657 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Do you like SRPGs? They are my favorite genre. Gungnir is a solid one. I've enjoyed many of that developer's games and Gungnir was one of their better ones IMO. It's unforgiving - if you can enjoy that, I'd say it's easily worth $15.

I've liked the few I've played, but I've never played one by Sting. I suppose it depends on how unforgiving it is, but I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the impression.

#3658 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Definitely not impossible. MM9 was hard for sure, but as a veteran of the NES games I got through it in a couple days and loved every minute. Give it another chance on PS3, I can't imagine playing it on a Wiimote.

#3659 midloo

midloo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've liked the few I've played, but I've never played one by Sting. I suppose it depends on how unforgiving it is, but I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the impression.

If you take the plunge, look over some guides really quickly before you get too far into the game. Gungnir won't hold your hand. You can make some decisions about how to build your characters early on in the game that can make it difficult to progress toward the end of the game.
Posted Image

#3660 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

They removed it (accidentally) and are adding it back this week I believe.

Thank you. Just finished the first one and am looking forward to 2