Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3841 gindias

gindias

Cubs Still Suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Since when does BB sell $10 cards??

and bump a thread that's months old?

My Best Buy has been selling them for a few years. It's the only BM that I know of that sells them, every other store I go to only has $20/50 cards.

#3842 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

lol, really? People can't just like the game? If anything, The Walking Dead holds the distinction for the title awarded most "GOTYs". I'm assuming that's press groupthink as well? Gaming is no longer the monolith it was 20 years ago, so judging Journey by the same standards you would [insert game] is stupid.

That said, I'm not a fan either of the games with little to no game play (recently wrote a blog here about it), but i don't think Journey falls into that category.

#3843 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Just finished Journey, I enjoyed it

#3844 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Some funny quotes about Journey:
Spoiler

Then there's this article: http://kotaku.com/59...ame-of-the-year

Edited by gettinmoney662, 18 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3845 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I read quotes like that and I wonder if they played the same game as me. How did I totally miss this deeply emotional experience? Someone tell The Wizard to give me a heart.

decker%2001.jpg

#3846 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

I thought you wrote for a site, so I assumed you have been there. Anyway, now that I am not on my phone, I guess I will explain this in a little more detail.

I do, but that doesn't mean that I visit/use that site. I haven't seen the site in years and it was what a gaming version of Digg would look like when console warriors decided what was bumped up back then.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 18 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#3847 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hmmm.... my long ass post was deleted... that is quite unfortunate (thought this was an open minded forum). All i wanted to say is The Walking Dead belongs to an old school genre, one that many of you may not enjoy. That is perfectly fine, enjoy your own genres and their specific games. The Walking Dead promises a great amount of adventure games to follow its success and that is amazing news for us fans of that genre.

#3848 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Big Sale with PS+ Discounts Of Up to 75% Off

Games
The Cave - $14.99
Dust 514 Open Beta - Free
Just Dance 4 - Move Required
Mad Dog McCree - Move Required
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Racket Sports - Move Required

PS2 Classics
Disgaea 2

Demos
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Vita Games
eskapeVektor - $9.99 PSN, $8 PS+

Vita Demos
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

PlayStation Mobile
Gun Commando

PlayStation Plus

Demos
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Exclusive

#3849 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Is that The Cave as in the Telltale Double Fine game? If so I had no idea it was coming out so soon. Awesome.

And Journey + The Walking Dead are both amazing games. 2 of the best I've played in 25 years of gaming. Just to add my 2 cents. Yeah some of those Journey quotes are really pushing it, and I had no such feelings. Though I did play through the (very short) game 3 times in a row which is something I've never done before.

#3850 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Ooh, I like the sound of that big sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3851 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Is that The Cave as in the Telltale game? If so I had no idea it was coming out so soon. Awesome.

And Journey + The Walking Dead are both amazing games. 2 of the best I've played in 25 years of gaming. Just to add my 2 cents.

The Double Fine/Ron Gilbert game.

#3852 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

The Double Fine/Ron Gilbert game.

Fixed it. Not sure if I'm the only one but I mix up Telltale/Double Fine all the time.

#3853 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

If you play a game, and give it your best shot, and don't like it and I can understand your reasons for not liking it, it's fine. But for some, it's the fox and the grapes thing. They play the game, they suck at the game, so they say "well I didn't want that game anyway, it sucks". Do you happen to have a link to that review? I am curious if it is the former or the latter.

My favorite Souls "I am sucking so this is bad" quote is this one.

President of Sony's worldwide studios, Shuhei Yoshida, explains why Sony passed on publishing Demon's Souls in the USA

For my personal experience with Demon’s Souls, when it was close to final I spent close to two hours playing it and after two hours I was still standing at the beginning at the game. I said, “This is crap. This is an unbelievably bad game.” So I put it aside.

Guardian_owl.png

#3854 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

If you play a game, and give it your best shot, and don't like it and I can understand your reasons for not liking it, it's fine. But for some, it's the fox and the grapes thing. They play the game, they suck at the game, so they say "well I didn't want that game anyway, it sucks". Do you happen to have a link to that review? I am curious if it is the former or the latter.

My favorite Souls "I am sucking so this is bad" quote is this one.

President of Sony's worldwide studios, Shuhei Yoshida, explains why Sony passed on publishing Demon's Souls in the USA

I like reviews where they said the game was too hard and then later on they say all they did was button mash.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3855 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I agree with those who said that while having your own opinion on a game is obviously totally cool, branding all of those who do/don't like said game as (fill in the blank) is silly. I also find it unlikely that a sizable portion of the gaming population pretends to like games that they secretly abhor in order to look smart or cultured. And I thought I was cynical!

You question phrased "game journalists" as a hive mind that picked Journey to be the universal Game of the Year even though it's been all over the place.

Exactly. Look at Game Informer, for example. They had Mass Effect 3 selected as "Game of the Year", but they also published top ten lists of each of the twenty or so staff members involved in voting. Each one was widely varied and a few of the staff members didn't even have Mass Effect 3 on their top ten lists at all. So even if IGN or somebody gives a game Game of the Year as an organization, that doesn't mean everybody on staff loved it and agrees. I'm not sure if people really believe that or if they just pretend to because it makes it easier for them to frame their arguments in a certain way (ie "Everybody loved/hated x game").
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#3856 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I finally finished the Sound Shapes campaign and have now moved on to the Death Mode levels and I can only think of one word that sums up how I feel. Fuck.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3857 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

I finally finished the Sound Shapes campaign and have now moved on to the Death Mode levels and I can only think of one word that sums up how I feel. Fuck.

Enjoy buddy - and good luck. Don't get frustrated waiting for the random draw you need... Platinum is yours!

#3858 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Enjoy buddy - and good luck. Don't get frustrated waiting for the random draw you need... Platinum is yours!

I still have to do the Beat School levels and the majority of these Death Mode levels. What is there to the Beat School levels? Is it pretty much beat the Death Mode levels and the platinum is yours?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3859 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Deals

Hopefully there's some good stuff in this.

#3860 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Deals

That's music to my ears! Thanks for posting Frisky.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3861 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Tried logging and in it said PSN is under maintenance.

Kind of glad I didn't buy up all those $0.99 games. Was disappointed that I missed out on the $0.99 sale.

Then, I found out that there is going to be a 75% off sale for PS+. Hopefully, my subscription to PS+ hasn't run out, by the time this sale is running.

#3862 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here are the new deals for this week
Vita
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Vita - $26.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lumines Electronic Symphony - Vita - $26.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Orgarhythm - Vita - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rayman Origins - Vita - $26.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Sumioni: Demon Arts - Vita - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop

What's up with the pricing for Dungeon Hunter Vita when the PS3 version was on sale for .99 cents?!? I know it might be a reach to be comparing the PSN pricing with iOS or Google Play pricing but Vita owners are taking it hard on this one with a $25 price gap for the same game on the same network. Gameloft FTL.
Posted Image

#3863 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

What's up with the pricing for Dungeon Hunter Vita when the PS3 version was .99 cents?!? I know it might be a reach to be comparing the PSN pricing with iOS or Google Play pricing but Vita owners are taking it hard with this one. Gameloft FTL.

Hastings has it on clearance for $9.99

#3864 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hastings has it on clearance for $9.99

Even worse! I'm guessing Hastings version is the cartridge and case version as opposed to digital download.
Posted Image

#3865 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals

Great news, hope to see a heavy discount on: Trine, Plant vs Zombies, MGS and Okami. Also, it would be great if they include in this sale some add-ons (Dead Nation, Dark Souls).
Posted Image

#3866 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

The Skyrim DLC is coming in February and will be 50% off for the first week. It's all three pieces -- Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.

link

#3867 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hopefully Rainbow Moon and Okami discounts!

#3868 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm not too picky, I just hope it's some Playstation exclusive stuff and not things that have been on sale a million times on Steam.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3869 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

The Skyrim DLC is coming in February and will be 50% off for the first week. It's all three pieces -- Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.

link

this great news for me, it may finally get me to play skyrim again, my PS3 died last year taking all my skyrim saves along with it so I had to start a new game on the pc version

O6d6OER.jpg

#3870 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

they would do that after i pick up a $50 card for edf vita. guess i'll try to hold off for a few days.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab