Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#3901 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

The upcoming sale of 75% off...again, for the umpteenth time, I'll wish for Folklore DLC.

#3902 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I got it and it's quite similar to Army Corps of Hell, Pikmin and games of the like. Basically you recruit people in the town, which you can assign certain jobs. After you got a team, you can explore the world (certain classes can open new paths), fight monsters or just progress in the story.

Little King Story is an updated port of a Wii game, so it's not the longest / most complex / advance game in the world. Also the game suffered from frame rate issues when you have a lot of peons with you, plus certain areas are more problematic with a big group than others. I would call it a buy at 15, consider at 30 and ask yourself how much you like the genre at $40.

That's exactly what I was hoping for, thank you so much. I have the wii version which I still haven't touched, so if that's the case I'm definitely going to wait for it to hit the 20 mark, especially with all the dlc available

#3903 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

The upcoming sale of 75% off...again, for the umpteenth time, I'll wish for Folklore DLC.

If we're wishing for things that won't happen, I'll wish for a sale on Kingdoms of Amalur DLC.
Posted Image

#3904 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

There's no reason Sony, Microsoft, etc would need to do this. It only limits their customer base. Sony doesn't care how many units of game X was sold.

Sony & MS collect royalties on each and every disc pressed. They are probably very concerned with the issue of used sales.

#3905 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

If only one system prevents used games, sure, that'll be a problem, but it will be in everyone's interest to come together on this. If all the systems prevent used games, then people won't have much of a choice. I'm sure some people will opt out of that generation, but most won't, especially when the next blockbuster gets announced.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3906 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Once you activate FFXI. You can play it in any system with it installed. Just log in your Playonline ID and off you go to Vanadiel.

Meaning that used copies don't work for other people if the activation code is used.

Little King Story is an updated port of a Wii game, so it's not the longest / most complex / advance game in the world. Also the game suffered from frame rate issues when you have a lot of peons with you, plus certain areas are more problematic with a big group than others. I would call it a buy at 15, consider at 30 and ask yourself how much you like the genre at $40.

Clarification: It's a sequel, not a port.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3907 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Sony doesn't care how many units of game X was sold. They only care how many people were playing that game on the PS3.

As alluded to in another post, the only reason Sony and Microsoft are in the console business is to make money from royalties and, perhaps, to make money on the games they produce themselves. They are getting those royalties from the amount of new games sold and the amount of content purchased in their online stores. If someone buys a used game, they are not getting any royalties unless that person buys an online pass or DLC.

So, basically, your statement should be reversed:
Sony doesn't care how many people are playing the game on the PS3, they only care how many units of game X are sold for PS3.

Of course, they do have reasons to care about how many people use their system, but it is not as important to them as the money from royalties.

#3908 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Meaning that used copies don't work for other people if the activation code is used.

Clarification: It's a sequel, not a port.

I called it an "updated" port, which I know is "inaccurate", but I think it more accurately explains the game. Most of the game is exactly the same (same fights, same bosses, same events), just the story plays out a little differently and some gameplay elements have been further expanded (like relationships I guess).

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3909 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

If we're wishing for things that won't happen, I'll wish for a sale on Kingdoms of Amalur DLC.

I figure it wouldn't hurt. $18 for all 6 pieces of DLC for a near launch game is too much. They should just give it to me free at this point since I'm the only person who wants it.

#3910 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Once you activate FFXI. You can play it in any system with it installed. Just log in your Playonline ID and off you go to Vanadiel.

Yea I was going to say, I knew full well that I traded in Final Fantasy 11. Everquest Online Adventures, however, you could not.

#3911 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I called it an "updated" port, which I know is "inaccurate", but I think it more accurately explains the game. Most of the game is exactly the same (same fights, same bosses, same events), just the story plays out a little differently and some gameplay elements have been further expanded (like relationships I guess).

Of course the gameplay isn't going to be vastly different since it's a sequel, but the story taking place a few years later definitely makes it a sequel to the original. The framework of the story is the same since you're tasked with taking over each of the kingdoms in order to unify them under your rule, though the sequel begins with you as the ruler of all of those kingdoms before you have to start over again after a surprise attack forces you to flee.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3912 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

It doesn't actually take place a few years later. The story is identical to the first game with some new characters. Like, it is literally the same story aside from that opening scene. Except the entire rest of the game is now generic anime garbage, there's hideous slowdown all over the place and the writing is now atrocious instead of being interesting. The original is one of 2008's best games. New LKS is just awful.

The DLC for the game is all hideous garbage that is just moneysucking and has no relevance to the actual game aside from giving you pedo outfits for some of the princesses and it pretty much all just makes the game even worse. The fact that they tried to sell that piece of garbage for $40 with a $20 DLC pass is just insidious. The original is one of my favorite games ever and I would urge anyone and everyone to not ever touch the Vita one. Get the Wii game and play it because it's better in every way.

#3913 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

It doesn't actually take place a few years later. The story is identical to the first game with some new characters. Like, it is literally the same story aside from that opening scene. Except the entire rest of the game is now generic anime garbage, there's hideous slowdown all over the place and the writing is now atrocious instead of being interesting. The original is one of 2008's best games. New LKS is just awful.

The DLC for the game is all hideous garbage that is just moneysucking and has no relevance to the actual game aside from giving you pedo outfits for some of the princesses and it pretty much all just makes the game even worse. The fact that they tried to sell that piece of garbage for $40 with a $20 DLC pass is just insidious. The original is one of my favorite games ever and I would urge anyone and everyone to not ever touch the Vita one. Get the Wii game and play it because it's better in every way.

Oh look, more over-reaction.

Anyways, does the PSN outage affect multiplayer games right now? If not, then I think I'm screwed with Wipeout 2048. It reset my online campaign since I switched memory cards (which really sucks) and when I try to start over, it kept kicking me out.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3914 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Oh look, more over-reaction.

Anyways, does the PSN outage affect multiplayer games right now? If not, then I think I'm screwed with Wipeout 2048. It reset my online campaign since I switched memory cards (which really sucks) and when I try to start over, it kept kicking me out.

I can't even log into PSN, so I'm guessing yes.

#3915 rpg

rpg

Selling Redemption/Undead Nightmares $1.20 Phan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I can't even log into PSN, so I'm guessing yes.

We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-18th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 9:00pm PDT (12:00am Eastern) Friday January 18th.

https://support.us.p...etail/a_id/2185

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3916 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I can connect to PSN right now. Not sure if I can play or not. They mentioned something to the effect that you may be able to get on if you logged in the past 5 days.

#3917 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, I've been able to log in and see my friends online, but I haven't tried playing a PS3 game online. Okay, I'll try playing Wipeout after the maintenance is done.

Oh wait, that might mean my progress didn't get reset then. Ooo, I hope that's true.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3918 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I can connect to PSN right now. Not sure if I can play or not. They mentioned something to the effect that you may be able to get on if you logged in the past 5 days.

Yeah, if you logged in and kept it on for 5 days...
The maintenance was supposed to be 12 hours, some rumors say it is extended (to 37 hours) because they found traces of cyber attack. Hope it is just a rumor, I do not want to loose my credit info again :bomb:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3919 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'v been able to play online games (cod) all day, but can't access store or account info. it actually locks me in so that i have to go to xmb and restart system... grrr.
i want that nuketown zombies dlc that was released yesterday! someone was yelling about free psn stuff, but thats probly just random cod crazy talk chatter.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3920 rpg

rpg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, if you logged in and kept it on for 5 days...
The maintenance was supposed to be 12 hours, some rumors say it is extended (to 37 hours) because they found traces of cyber attack. Hope it is just a rumor, I do not want to loose my credit info again :bomb:

Another day = TROUBLE? :shock:

We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-19th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 2:00am PDT (5:00am Eastern) Saturday January 19th.

#3921 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

We are currently performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Network from January 17-19th. This maintenance is scheduled to end around 2:00am PDT (5:00am Eastern) Saturday January 19th.

that is not what was originally said. at first it was Thursday 11am-11pm

#3922 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Since when does BB sell $10 cards??

http://www.bestbuy.c... card&cp=1&lp=3

Not sure how long. I've been seeing them for a while.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3923 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Well this sucks, I have been playing the crap out of Anarchy Reigns and One Piece all week, yet I still cant log in.

Would have just left my PS3 on if I knew there was a maintenance coming.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3924 rpg

rpg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Well this sucks, I have been playing the crap out of Anarchy Reigns and One Piece all week, yet I still cant log in.

Would have just left my PS3 on if I knew there was a maintenance coming.

One piece is amazing and part 2 is coming this summer for ps3/vita.

#3925 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hmmm I was wondering why Wake-up Club didn't have any real people earlier.

#3926 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

that is not what was originally said. at first it was Thursday 11am-11pm

Wait what? Extended again? Last announcement they said today at 9:00PM was a certain time that it would be back online.

What's going on :shock:?

EDIT: From IGN:
Oh, dear. The PlayStation Network maintenance that was supposed to end Thursday evening but was extended to Friday morning and then extended to Friday night has now been extended to early Saturday morning.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3927 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

One piece is amazing and part 2 is coming this summer for ps3/vita.

I know, I'm so hyped, I might even import if their release is sooner. Rarely do anime series get proper treatment when turned into games, Naruto's Storm series and this series for One Piece are just amazing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3928 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Wait what? Extended again? Last announcement they said today at 9:00PM was a certain time that it would be back online.

What's going on :shock:?

EDIT: From IGN:
Oh, dear. The PlayStation Network maintenance that was supposed to end Thursday evening but was extended to Friday morning and then extended to Friday night has now been extended to early Saturday morning.

Don't you love it when Sony break things that didn't need fixing!?

#3929 htz

htz

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Don't you love it when Sony break things that didn't need fixing!?

Before this extended update, the Playstation website stated the maintenance was for Playstation Store software upgrade. I think they are preparing for the US web store launch.

#3930 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Anyone try calling I did it said the psn and store and. Play online games would be offline till 2 am. Pt