Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#391 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I'm a PS+ member and when I check the Ultimate Edition for Alice: Madness Returns the picture shows that it's $15.99 for Plus members but when I add to cart/checkout it shows up as $19.99. The download size is also different than it was a few days ago (4.5 GB previously, now showing as 5.4 GB). Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on?

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#392 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

You've got a very interesting point, and I don't think there would be anything stopping anyone from activating a Gamefly copy to get the Vita version for free. Here's the full breakdown:

Via http://www.gamespot....4688130/?page=0

I saw a post with screen shots, too, but I can't find it now. Either way, that's the same thing I read elsewhere. I do indeed believe there's nothing stopping you from redeeming the cross-buy Vita copy with a rental, and likewise, if you want the cross-buy intact, definitely buy new. Even people who don't own Vita's probably would redeem it for if-and-when they ever do get one. At least that's what I would do.

For the curious - at the moment, it doesn't appear that Redbox carries PS All-Stars.

I don't understand how this is possible. Every PS3 game is pressed from the same master and doesn't have unique data anywhere on the disc as far as I'm aware. How the hell are they doing this?

#393 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

To anyone who cares, the ps+ vita game GameStop trade in values are as follows:

Uncharted:GA $10
Gravity Rush $10
Wipeout 2048 $4.50

I also got a 25% bonus on all three games from promo #14047 (no idea what this was) as well as my 10% powerup bonus. Brought the total for all 3 games to $33.07. Seemed reasonable to me.

#394 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

How is the PSP version of The Warriors compared to the console version?

#395 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Any deals on any PSN cards?

#396 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Legit, maybe, but it's gaming the system and if it works, Sony will stop us from doing it in the future by stopping the whole Cross Buy promotion.

I'm usually on my moral high horse when it comes to things like this, but I don't see anything wrong with doing this. It's not like GameFly can do anything with the digital Vita copy. I'm sure Sony is aware that the first people renting the game will be getting the digital Vita copy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#397 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

I don't understand how this is possible. Every PS3 game is pressed from the same master and doesn't have unique data anywhere on the disc as far as I'm aware. How the hell are they doing this?

It's a good question, but check out this link:

http://support.us.pl...s-platform-play

Q: What does it mean if I get the message "The disc has already been added to another account" when trying to access Disc Benefits?
A: If you receive this message, this means the Cross-buy item has already been redeemed by another PSN account. Cross-buy content can only be used once and by one PSN account. Once redeemed, the content cannot be accessed again.
Posted Image

It would seem Sony has figured out a system for each disc to have something to it that uniquely identifies it, I assume it's a voucher code that functions much like a serial number.

You're right, though - it's typically the exact same software on every disc. Whatever they've figured out, I could imagine this same thing being used for full console titles much like PC games with serial numbers. Not just online features, but having to do something for the system to associate the disc with your user account and thus have access to the game.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#398 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

It's a good question, but check out this link:

http://support.us.pl...s-platform-play

It would seem Sony has figured out a system for each disc to have something to it that uniquely identifies it, I assume it's a voucher code that functions much like a serial number.

You're right, though - it's typically the exact same software on every disc. Whatever they've figured out, I could imagine this same thing being used for full console titles much like PC games with serial numbers. Not just online features, but having to do something for the system to associate the disc with your user account and thus have access to the game.

I suppose it's possible that the PS3 laser can read the barcode at the center of the disc, I think those are unique - that's got to be the only explanation.

#399 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Just Googled this. I don't know anything about it, being a noob and all.:baby:

By synchronizing your trophy information with PlayStation®Network servers, you can:

Continue to have the trophies you earned on your old PS Vita system, if you dispose of or transfer ownership of your PS Vita system and then later get a new PS Vita system

http://manuals.plays...hies/about.html

http://manuals.plays...ore_system.html

So if I synchronize my trophy information with PSN, remove the 8GB memory card currently in my Vita, then restore the Vita, I should be good to go with the new Vita (I can retrieve my account information on the new one)?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#400 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

So if I synchronize my trophy information with PSN, remove the 8GB memory card currently in my Vita, then restore the Vita, I should be good to go with the new Vita (I can retrieve my account information on the new one)?

Make sure you backup your saved games to the cloud, a ps3 or a pc first though.

#401 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Make sure you backup your saved games to the cloud, a ps3 or a pc first though.

This is probably a noobish follow-up question, but doesn't the 8GB memory card contain all the data?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#402 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

This is probably a noobish follow-up question, but doesn't the 8GB memory card contain all the data?

Yes, but I'm 98% sure that its locked to the Vita it was originally formatted on. If you want to use it in a different vita I'm pretty sure you have to format it again. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

#403 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Has Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP) ever been on sale?

#404 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Since you're in the PSN weekly deals thread, I assume you're interested in digital format, but the physical format is currently $9.99 at Amazon, though you'll have to wait for it to come back in stock.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#405 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Since you're in the PSN weekly deals thread, I assume you're interested in digital format, but the physical format is currently $9.99 at Amazon, though you'll have to wait for it to come back in stock.

yeah, lookin for a copy for my vita...but $20 is steep for an old FF game

#406 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=313
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2693

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#407 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

yeah, lookin for a copy for my vita...but $20 is steep for an old FF game

Yeah but you're getting the direct sequel also, which costs $30 plus by itself on WiiWare. Plus a small 2-hour game that bridges the story between both games.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#408 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks--CC rocks as well. What I wouldn't give for a true console continuation of the series...

Same here. 12-13 years and still nothing, ugh.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#409 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hmmm...there doesn't appear to be a toggle for the bit rate quality. :cry: I let the no-cache option for my phone slide, but this might be it for me. It's a big fucking deal, honestly, and I wouldn't even consider myself an audiophile. Shame, too, because the service is otherwise stellar. Still have time to decide...maybe I'll get over it.

#410 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Can anyone recommend a good case and screen protector? I heard the Vita screen scratches easily.

#411 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=313
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2693

Man, that's a great sale right there. Shame I missed it. Hope they have 'em on sale again soon! >.<

#412 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Can anyone recommend a good case and screen protector? I heard the Vita screen scratches easily.

Heard from who? I just have the Sony brand screen protector, and ive never had an issue. I combo this with the soft travel pouch that comes with the starter kit and it's all good. The only problem I had was when my dog knocked it off a table onto the hardwood floor. Cracked the screen and paid Sony to fix it.

Unless you treat your electronics like you're an animal, the basic screen protector should be fine.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#413 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Havent kept up with this thread in a while much

*sees that gettinmoney got tempt banned*

lol smh

any word on the next free game? lol *sorry, cant stop laughing at gettinmoney*

#414 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

Bullion Blitz was released last Tuesday under the Playstation Mobile section of the Vita Playstation Store and is free to download. One section, Quick Play, is free to play, while the other 2 sections Quest and Puzzle cost $1.29 to unlock.

It's a touchscreen puzzle game where you touch bullion bricks to destroy them and get money. Combining bullion bricks with the same width or height and the same material will create bigger and more valuable bricks. Here is a link about the game and some pictures of it. Even though the link is for the European region, the game is also available in the North American region.

#415 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Official Sony one is amazing, and easiest one I ever applied. Though atm I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace it with the full front covering Persona 4 one.

#416 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

i don't know if its been posted but up on the store under featured deals it says:

"Spend $60 or more GET $10 BACK!* offer ends nov 27, 2012"
Posted Image

#417 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

i don't know if its been posted but up on the store under featured deals it says:

If only they would have had it end Dec. 4th instead.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#418 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

heres hoping for some good sales on tuesday.
Posted Image

#419 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's been posted since the announcement on Tuesday.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#420 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I really need to use this to extend my PS+ membership another year but I've spent stupid money over the past month. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid