Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4171 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I know Hot Shots doesn't have trophies, but does anyone know for the most part do all of the other games on the sale have them?

Yes, besides psychonauts, the rest of the games have trophies. www.PS3Trophies.org

#4172 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

In for Nights Into Dreams

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#4173 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Little Big Karting worth $10/ I haven't even touched the demo yet.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#4174 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

After yesterdays Best Buy coupon mishap I was able to get a 2TB hard drive, my first year of psn and $50 psn credit for $80 out of pocket (after rz points). I am ready for this sale!

#4175 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Little Big Karting worth $10/ I haven't even touched the demo yet.

I asked this in a different thread, the consensus is yes

#4176 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I was thinking there was something odd about the LBP: Karting multiplayer at release, but couldn't remember what it was when I was looking it up recently. No local multiplayer?, no online multiplayer? or am I thinking of a different carting game?

Guardian_owl.png

#4177 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

^For some reason there was a rumor going on around here (and maybe elsewhere) that this game doesn't have local multiplayer. It definitely does, there are plenty of YouTube videos proving this. A quick Google search suggests that there *might* be an issue with 3rd party controllers, though that sounds like an extremely weird issue. It also may be possible that the different game modes support different amounts of players.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4178 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I was thinking there was something odd about the LBP: Karting multiplayer at release, but couldn't remember what it was when I was looking it up recently. No local multiplayer?, no online multiplayer? or am I thinking of a different carting game?

^For some reason there was a rumor going on around here (and maybe elsewhere) that this game doesn't have local multiplayer. It definitely does, there are plenty of YouTube videos proving this. A quick Google search suggests that there *might* be an issue with 3rd party controllers, though that sounds like an extremely weird issue. It also may be possible that the different game modes support different amounts of players.

Yeah, it was totally confusing at one point. It does support 4 player local multiplayer right, 100% positive? TIA.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4179 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

It's hard to recommend for $5 even with Move. It's such a short game and isn't nearly as fun (and challenging) as older House of the Dead titles. The only things I liked more were the better visuals and intentionally cheesy dialogue.

I have to agree with you on this game, except it's still worth $5-$10. I mean, what can you buy for $5 these days? A hamburger, 30 mins of parking in San Francisco, an avatar dlc on a console? I'll be repurchasing it at $5. I have the Wii version and bought the PS3 version at launch but sold it shortly after. At $5, I won't even hesitate to rebuy it.

#4180 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Was there a scheduled maintenance today? Every time I try to get onto the store I keep getting a message that its currently under maintenance. Weird

#4181 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Was there a scheduled maintenance today? Every time I try to get onto the store I keep getting a message that its currently under maintenance. Weird

They're more than likely updating the store with all the deals/changes.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4182 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification, another one to add to the list.

Guardian_owl.png

#4183 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I asked this in a different thread, the consensus is yes

Just played the demo. I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed. Is there much of a story mode? And the level with the dragon-monster truck thing was a little too busy. Couldn't quite tell what was going on.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#4184 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I myself was confused when I got LBP: Karting in the mail after Black Friday, because it clearly states on the box that it supports multiple players online, and only 1 player locally. The box is a lie!

On the other hand, I am having all kinds of problems staying logged in and downloading content online. I would say it's my router settings or something, except EVERY OTHER game works fine online. :(

#4185 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, it was totally confusing at one point. It does support 4 player local multiplayer right, 100% positive? TIA.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'm personally 100% positive. Google searches of message boards suggest that it does, but it may be restricted to certain modes. (Like Mario Kart, where you can do the campaign with 2 players, and then versus and battle with 4 players). I don't have the slightest idea which modes allow which amounts of players.

I myself was confused when I got LBP: Karting in the mail after Black Friday, because it clearly states on the box that it supports multiple players online, and only 1 player locally. The box is a lie!

Oh wow the box is wrong? That was stupid of them.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4186 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Oh wow the box is wrong? That was stupid of them.

Could have been patched in.

#4187 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I know Mod Nation Racers does not have multiplayer support on Vita because I personally own it and a lot of people were upset with that. Not sure about Mod Nation on the PS3 though, haven't heard on LBP karts

axlrose4183.png

#4188 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

The Last of Us special editions announced, coming out on May 7

Survival Edition
Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
Steelbook case
American Dreams #1 Comic
Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
Naughty Dog sticker sheet

Post-Pandemic Edition
12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
Steelbook case
American Dreams #1 Comic
Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)

AnQAzfm.png

#4189 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

The Last of Us special editions announced, coming out on May 7

Survival Edition
Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
Steelbook case
American Dreams #1 Comic

Post-Pandemic Edition
12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
Steelbook case
American Dreams #1 Comic
Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)

Wrong topic me thinks.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4190 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

To me, the Survival Edition is a waaaay better value than the Post-Pandemic Edition. Half the price and instead of a statue and a multiplayer DLC pack, you get a sweet artbook.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4191 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

My bro was going to get psn+ and get some of those deals but was wondering can these purchases from psn+ be shared?

#4192 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

My bro was going to get psn+ and get some of those deals but was wondering can these purchases from psn+ be shared?

They can, but perks can't.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4193 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

haha gettinmoney is temp banned again.

#4194 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

LOL gettinmoney.

#4195 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

POP QUIZ: Which of the games featured in the 13 for '13 deal are most likely to end up being given away free via PS+ over the next three months?
Posted Image

#4196 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Lbp karting. Sell DLC, get folks creating, boom.

Serious question: the creating community is active as of now?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4197 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Lbp karting. Sell DLC, get folks creating, boom.

That's a pretty solid guess since Sony has a habit of choosing games for the ICG that were on recently on sale; why not choose the game that was the most expensive (Tiger excepted) during the '13 sale?
Posted Image

#4198 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I know it will go live at some point, I also don't have time to play currently, but I want to get my downloads started. COME ON SONY!!!

#4199 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

In for Tiger Woods 13, Unfinished Swan, Warp, and Machinairum. Already got LBPK, R&C, and Jak and Daxter.

#4200 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

http://blog.us.plays...h-new-features/

Resident Evil Revelations will be coming to PS3 and PSN on May 21 for $49.99.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki