Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4231 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ugh, I bought Jet Set Radio last month for 7 bucks. I knew the price would go lower than that eventually, but not this soon.

Still waiting on Sonic 4 Episode II to hit $5-7.

I'm also waiting for a similar price on Sonic 4 Episode II. Here's to hoping. Glad I never jumped on the Jak HD collection seeing as how Precursor's is the only one I was super interested in. I never played 3 but if it was just more of 2, I don't think I missed too horribly much.

#4232 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm also waiting for a similar price on Sonic 4 Episode II. Here's to hoping. Glad I never jumped on the Jak HD collection seeing as how Precursor's is the only one I was super interested in. I never played 3 but if it was just more of 2, I don't think I missed too horribly much.

...but...but... 3 > 2 > 1. One of the few series that got better with each entry.

#4233 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

The release announcement PR mentions a digital discount for the PSN version of Ni No Kuni:

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is available now; exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system in North America and Latin America with both English and Japanese voiceovers included. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is available for purchase at video game retailers nationwide for a MSRP of $59.99 for the packaged version or $54.99 for the digital version available via download on the PlayStation Network. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch carries an ESRB rating of ”E10+” for Everyone 10+.

Surprising move for Namco.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4234 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

There should be no weekly preparation when you expect traffic spikes on the same day each week. It is extremely clear that the SEN team is extremely inefficient, understaffed, or both.

Its not like this is a rare occurrence for them

On topic: Excited to grab LBPK and Jak
Posted Image

#4235 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I kinda wanted to get tiger woods also but then I saw a review that said that nearly half the courses are locked and you have to pay to unlock them. Buying the courses(dlc) apparently doesn't even unlock them forever. Just for a certain amount of rounds.

To clarify (based on what reviews say) you can unlock the courses permanently. But it involves completing a high number of "challenges" such as hitting the fairway X number of times or getting a birdie Y number of times, all of which have to be completed on the course you wish to unlock. So you have to earn enough coins/XP to give you temporary access to the course enough times that you are able to complete the challenges to gain permament access. (or just buy the damn things since that appears to be what they actually want you to do.)

So yeah, not doing that. It's like locking out half of the NFL teams in Madden and making me play for hours just for the opportunity to unlock the team I want.

Hot Shots Golf it is!

PS: I believe it's 20 out of 36 courses in Tiger Woods 13 are locked.

#4236 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

So the update isn't up yet, huh?

#4237 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not the best place to ask, but I might have a better chance at an answer here.

I just got my new super slim ps3 today and I'm wondering if I can just plug my old slim ps3 AC adapter into it instead of having to go behind my entertainment center to switch the wires.

The cables look the same so I'm thinking its fine but I just want to make sure.

#4238 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

The release announcement PR mentions a digital discount for the PSN version of Ni No Kuni:

Surprising move for Namco.

Wow! That is a shocking. Why don't companies get that this is how you encourage digital purchases?! This is how you thwart used game sales. Even if it is just a negligible discount.

#4239 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

...but...but... 3 > 2 > 1. One of the few series that got better with each entry.

Ehhh idk man, perhaps it was the fact that 2 was such a departure from 1 but it didn't sit well with me. The first one was, in my opinion, one of the last great platformers. Well aware they were going the way of the dodo, but that didn't keep me from wanting more.

#4240 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Update is up on the Vita.

#4241 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

It should be updated soon since the games discounted prices are live but not the PS Plus discounts.

#4242 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

If the discount on the PSN version of Ni No Kuni was $49.99, I'd buy it. But it's a start, I suppose.

Crunchewy.png

#4243 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Wow! That is a shocking. Why don't companies get that this is how you encourage digital purchases?! This is how you thwart used game sales. Even if it is just a negligible discount.

If they came out and said $49.99 imagine just how many more sales they would get. $5 is still good, but I'm personally going to try to wait for a sale on retail, but will probably end up getting it for MSRP on retail just because it seems to be that kind of game deserving of a case and what not.

Edit: The post above me is even more proof of my above statement.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4244 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

lol Ni No Kuni 22GB download + 22 install = 44gb needed

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png?44341065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4245 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

And now it's live...

#4246 Jenova502

Jenova502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Wow i need to upgrade my drive i thought 10gb ones like darksiders was a pain to get

#4247 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Ni No Kuni is 21.7 GB for those wondering.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4248 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

This is my biggest gripe with playstation. I only really use it for exclusives and playing blu rays and it seems like every time I turn it on there's an update to apply .. And the installation method for these games is unbelievable. My library is 1/10th that of my Xbox library and it takes up more space!

#4249 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

It seems only some of the update is up. Cant find the 13/13 sales anywhere!
Posted Image

#4250 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Maybe it was mentioned before, sorry if it was, but the sale is live on PS3.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4251 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

It seems only some of the update is up. Cant find the 13/13 sales anywhere!

I had to search for the games manually, but they were up for me (LBP Karting and The Unfinished Swan).

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#4252 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

There is a section on the left that says 13 for '13 now.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4253 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Nights into the dreams, The Unfinished Swan and Psychonauts for $9 :bouncy:
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4254 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Ahhh, what? I have to disagree, 2 blew bad. You couldn't even check your orbs collected stat, per location. Way too many (story) missions fail because of dumb luck, 5-15 retries were common. I liked 1 better because it was adventure-platforming. 2 was weapon-crap with bogus missions and a dumb GTA city knock off. 3 was merely ok, but the vehicles pulled it down again, imo.

Now if you were talking about R&C series, I could see that.

#4255 itzknickknac

itzknickknac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

lol Ni No Kuni 22GB download + 22 install = 44gb needed

Yikes, I have 22Gb of free space. Looks like I need to upgrade my drive.

#4256 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ahhh, what? I have to disagree, 2 blew bad. You couldn't even check your orbs collected stat, per location. Way too many (story) missions fail because of dumb luck, 5-15 retries were common. I liked 1 better because it was adventure-platforming. 2 was weapon-crap with bogus missions and a dumb GTA city knock off. 3 was merely ok, but the vehicles pulled it down again, imo.

Now if you were talking about R&C series, I could see that.

This exactly.

Also I just dropped $35 on the 13 for 13 sale. Got everything but Tiger Woods, J&D (already own), R&C (want all 3 on disc), and HOTD (already own).

#4257 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

:rofl:WTF @ 22:06!?! LMFAOO!!!!!!! I am, SOOO, getting that game!

Psychonauts:
Spoiler

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4258 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Can anyone recommend psychonauts, nights into dreams, and machinarium?

#4259 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

PS Store update blog is (finally) up.

Also, the free PS Mobile game this week is Beats Slider.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4260 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

The only thing stopping me from buying LBP Karting is that it could be a free PSN Plus game at some point.