Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4291 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

can someone link me the page where I can add funds to psn with paypal, I think I saw it in this thread but forgot to bookmark it, I want to buy Psychonauts and NiGHTS

AnQAzfm.png

#4292 JD*

JD*

Massacre Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

its sony website

MeMyselfAndJD.pngtumblr_mco65un4lN1rk3gouo1_250.gif

#4293 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

What's the feeling on escapevector(least I think that's what it was, on my phone here)? Is it worth 7.99?

#4294 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Gotta say, I let my PS Plus membership lapse a few months ago and I don't regret it. Most of the giveaway games and deals just weren't up my alley, though I suppose if I owned a Vita I would feel differently. I wish more PSP games would go on sale at some point.

#4295 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

You know, as much as Sony tries to Fuck up their brand with half-wit marketing and ridiculous implementation of solid ideas, this PS+ thing is a saving grace. Warp and Unfinished Swan are worth buying at retail prices. $6.25 for both is outstanding to say the least. The rest of the deals are pretty good, but the previously mentioned are great.

#4296 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

meh the PS store won't open, I keep getting "error 80710D23" then I get stuck on that message it doesn't let me back out into the XMB, I guess I'll try again tomorrow

AnQAzfm.png

#4297 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Gotta say, I let my PS Plus membership lapse a few months ago and I don't regret it. Most of the giveaway games and deals just weren't up my alley, though I suppose if I owned a Vita I would feel differently. I wish more PSP games would go on sale at some point.

the real benefit, imo is when games get heavily discounted. (close to free but not free so you can keep em) If you happen to land a 30-day promo, late dec is the best time to activate it. Nice to get a bunch of games 50-75% off.

#4298 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

the real benefit, imo is when games get heavily discounted. (close to free but not free so you can keep em) If you happen to land a 30-day promo, late dec is the best time to activate it. Nice to get a bunch of games 50-75% off.

You're absolutely right, especially since late December always seems to be PS Plus's golden time. I think if I get my hands on a 30 day promo, I'll do just that and activate it then. There were also a few nice titles in October for their Halloween sale. It's just the rest of the year I can't seem to find anything that appeals to me on PS Plus.

#4299 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

spent $20.75, got 8 games... wish psn had deals like this more often :)

#4300 Pasicho

Pasicho

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

If psn sale became at least half as good as the steam sales they would get way more money than me.

#4301 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

I think they already have more money THAN you. =P

#4302 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Does anyone know if the Jak disc saves are compatible with the digital version? I'm not sure I can pass up $2 for it but with a half-finished save I'm not sure I feel like completely starting over. I know that most saves are compatible but there occasionally seems to be the odd one that isn't.

#4303 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I really want to buy NiGHTS (since I never, ever played it before, except for store demos long time ago) or Psychonauts (which I did play and finished, but feel like playing it again).

Can't buy both at this time.

Any idea which I should choose?
Posted Image

#4304 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

I really want to buy NiGHTS (since I never, ever played it before, except for store demos long time ago) or Psychonauts (which I did play and finished, but feel like playing it again).

Can't buy both at this time.

Any idea which I should choose?

Did you happen to like the demo because Nights isn't for everyone. It could be a good choice to just go with something you know you are going to enjoy.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4305 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

hmm so the R&C, J&K on sale currently are just one game in each of their respective HD collections?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#4306 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Dang, PSN is slow... all I wanted was to at least try the Sly Cooper 4, MGR, and Dead Space 3 demos tonight.

Looks like Beats Slider is already free on the Vita PS Store, so you can get that now instead of tomorrow.

PS Mobile always seems to update at around 6PM PST. Have only seen the updates hit on Wednesday like twice.

#4307 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

hmm so the R&C, J&K on sale currently are just one game in each of their respective HD collections?

Yes, which is unfortunate, but you'll get a couple dozen hours worth of quality action-platforming just by picking up these first entries. If you have Plus it's under $6 to pick up both. You'd be hard-pressed to find platinum-rich PSN titles with that much depth for the price.

The pieces of the Sony-published HD collections seem to go on sale fairly often so I imagine there will be a chance to pick up the others at a good price soon.

#4308 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yes, which is unfortunate, but you'll get a couple dozen hours worth of quality action-platforming just by picking up these first entries. If you have Plus it's under $6 to pick up both. You'd be hard-pressed to find platinum-rich PSN titles with that much depth for the price.

The pieces of the Sony-published HD collections seem to go on sale fairly often so I imagine there will be a chance to pick up the others at a good price soon.

sweet!
I bought both HD Collection on Disc during Black Friday. Both are still shrink-wrapped, wondering if I should sell them and get them on PSN instead

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#4309 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

OK, that Foosball game is pretty fun. I have my Friday Night Lights DVD playing in the background while I play Foosball 2012 on the Vita, and lost complete track of time when the disc ended. I may be the only person who likes this game after looking at some reviews, but I really am enjoying it.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#4310 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Does anyone know if the Jak disc saves are compatible with the digital version? I'm not sure I can pass up $2 for it but with a half-finished save I'm not sure I feel like completely starting over. I know that most saves are compatible but there occasionally seems to be the odd one that isn't.

I can let you know tomorrow, it's the last in my queue for download.

#4311 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I can let you know tomorrow, it's the last in my queue for download.

Awesome, thanks.

#4312 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Man, at this rate i'm just gonna give in and buy Code Veronica at full price 20$ Patooty

#4313 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Man, at this rate i'm just gonna give in and buy Code Veronica at full price 20$ Patooty

Then the next week it will be on sale. Don't buy before blog update on Mondays.

#4314 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I don't even like Golf or Golf games but that Hot Shots bundle is really tempting me for reasons unknown to me.

Someone say some bad stuff about it so I can convince myself not to get it!

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#4315 storl026

storl026

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I picked up Psychonauts & The Unfinished Swan. This is a digital sale done right, kudos Sony.

#4316 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

sweet!
I bought both HD Collection on Disc during Black Friday. Both are still shrink-wrapped, wondering if I should sell them and get them on PSN instead

It'll probably be a while before 2 and 3 go on sale though, I'm sure Sony is hoping this will entice people to buy the HD collection or the other two games at full price after playing the first.

#4317 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

I don't even like Golf or Golf games but that Hot Shots bundle is really tempting me for reasons unknown to me.

Someone say some bad stuff about it so I can convince myself not to get it!

I really like the game. One of the first ps3 titles I bought when I got my ps3.

Tiger Woods w/ Japanese characters.
No trophies though.

#4318 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Picked up House of the Dead and Unfinished Swan for around $8. Sony should definitely be holding digital sales like this more often, I'm sure a ton of people would jump on and buy a bunch of stuff if it's this cheap.
Posted Image

#4319 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

OK, that Foosball game is pretty fun. I have my Friday Night Lights DVD playing in the background while I play Foosball 2012 on the Vita, and lost complete track of time when the disc ended. I may be the only person who likes this game after looking at some reviews, but I really am enjoying it.

CheapyD liked it

#4320 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Good deal. I bought Psychonauts, Machinarium, Unfinished Swan, Shank 2 and Warp