Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4321 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

This is a very nice deal. Bought the following:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - $2.00
LittleBigPlanet Karting - $10.00
NiGHTS into dreams… - $2.50
Psychonauts - $2.50
The Unfinished Swan - $3.75

Came out to a little over $20. For such a cheap price, I bought LBPK, but I fear I will never play it. At least its in my account in case at some point I want to try it. Also decided to buy J&D cause it was so cheap at only $2, but decided not to get R&C at almost $4, that extra two dollar meant a buy for that one. Never played NIGHTS, so its will be nice to finally try this game.

I'm gonna wait on Machinarium, since I hear its coming to Vita, and I would prefer to buy it there.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#4322 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Did you happen to like the demo because Nights isn't for everyone. It could be a good choice to just go with something you know you are going to enjoy.

Nights didn't seem to have a demo on the PSN store.
Posted Image

#4323 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

What do we get in Europe? :/

Ugly, hairy and smelly women?

#4324 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Bound By Honor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Tempted to sign up for ps+ again just for the extra 20% or so discount.. Is psychonauts and unfinished swan any good? I'm also curious is ratchet and clank game a full fledge game? Or like an arcade game?:roll:
Posted Image

#4325 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

What's the feeling on escapevector(least I think that's what it was, on my phone here)? Is it worth 7.99?

The 3DS version got a pretty glowing review:

http://www.nintendol...apevektor_eshop

Based on that review I was going to get it on 3DS but I'd rather have it on Vita. Cheaper, trophies, and I generally carry my Vita with me more often these days.

#4326 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Tempted to sign up for ps+ again just for the extra 20% or so discount.. Is psychonauts and unfinished swan any good? I'm also curious is ratchet and clank game a full fledge game? Or like an arcade game?:roll:

Psychonauts(I played it on PC and Xbox though, not sure sure if there are problems with PS2 version) is awesome. Yes, Ratchet is a full game.

#4327 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Grabbed everything on the 13 for 13 except for Psychonauts, Ratchet & Clank and Shank 2. Already got Shank 2 cause it was a previous PS+ Freebie.

As for Psychonauts I have it on steam with steam achievements. I just need to play it.... someday.

komentra.png

#4328 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

what's better for 2/3/4 player action, crash team racing or little big planet karting? or is sonic transformed better than both?

#4329 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Still debating at the moment if I should get Psychonauts. Just remember that I have the original Xbox version in my backlog.

#4330 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Still debating at the moment if I should get Psychonauts. Just remember that I have the original Xbox version in my backlog.

This version isn't "HD" it's just the PS2 version's ISO used in Software emulation.
you are better off with the PC version.

#4331 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I picked up Little Big Planet Karting, Swan, HOTD Overkill.. haven't decided on the others yet.

axlrose4183.png

#4332 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

What do we get in Europe? :/

A Final Fantasy sale.

And where were all you guys in December? Yeah, the games weren't 75% off, but they had over 50 games on sale for 50% off. Sony does a good job discounting their digital content.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#4333 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

This version isn't "HD" it's just the PS2 version's ISO used in Software emulation.
you are better off with the PC version.

I can't run the PC version. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the PSN version? I've always wanted to check this game out. Certainly the price is right, but are there any emulation issues?
Posted Image

#4334 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I can't run the PC version. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the PSN version? I've always wanted to check this game out. Certainly the price is right, but are there any emulation issues?

I think the argument for the PC version is that they actually did fix some bugs before releasing the Steam version. That being said, I played through the PS2 version and I thought it was fine, so I don't think there'd be any issues.
Posted Image

#4335 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Worth noting that the PC version of Pscyhonauts can be played with a 360 controller (and probably other controllers) for those who prefer gamepads and the requirements for the PC version are really low. You'd have to have a very old PC not to run it.

Processor: 1.0 GHz Pentium® III and AMD Athlon™
Memory: 256 MB of RAM
Graphics: 64 MB GeForce ™ 3 or higher or ATI® Radeon 8500 or higher (except GeForce 4 MX and Go series)

komentra.png

#4336 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Has anybody heard anything about when Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault will be available for download for Vita? Or is it already up there and I'm a moron? I would check but I'm at work right now and I figured I better ask before I forget.

#4337 rpg

rpg

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Has anybody heard anything about when Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault will be available for download for Vita? Or is it already up there and I'm a moron? I would check but I'm at work right now and I figured I better ask before I forget.

Should be out this month

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gifsniper.gif

#4338 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Should be out this month

whew. thanks for not calling me a moron. :D

#4339 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Should be out this month

It's due on January 29.

Nice little stretch upcoming for the Vita with Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (1/29), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2/5), PS All-Stars DLC (2/12), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ (2/26), MLB 13 The Show (3/5), Soul Sacrifice (3/12) and Dead or Alive 5+ (3/19), especially considering the system has seen just one retail release since the start of December (Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed) and only 4 total since the start of November (adding Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified, Persona 4 Golden and PS All-Stars Battle Royale).

Frighteningly there are only a handful of announced games on the horizon after that though (Killzone: Mercenary, Tearaway, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown)...

PS Plus thought: it seems like the general plan is 3 "retail" Vita releases and 3 "PSN" Vita releases at a time on the service with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048 and Gravity Rush as the relatively permanent 'retail' choices and the PSN-style games rotating out after a month. With PSN-style Chronovolt leaving, any speculation on what might be added next week? I'm hoping for Knytt Underground or Big Sky Infinity myself...

#4340 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

If you have the Xbox version. It's no doubt superior to the PS2 version. So I don't know why you would want that over the Xbox version.

#4341 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

PS Plus thought: it seems like the general plan is 3 "retail" Vita releases and 3 "PSN" Vita releases at a time on the service with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048 and Gravity Rush as the relatively permanent 'retail' choices and the PSN-style games rotating out after a month. With PSN-style Chronovolt leaving, any speculation on what might be added next week? I'm hoping for Knytt Underground or Big Sky Infinity myself...

I don't think we'll get Big Sky or Knytt next week, but I think we'll get both eventually. 2 of the 3 games we've got since the original announcement have been cross-buy, I think the goal is probably to give us at least one cross-buy game per month, that way PS3-only members get something too.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#4342 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone know if the Jak disc saves are compatible with the digital version? I'm not sure I can pass up $2 for it but with a half-finished save I'm not sure I feel like completely starting over. I know that most saves are compatible but there occasionally seems to be the odd one that isn't.

Ok just tried it out. My disk save was able to load up no problem.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#4343 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

It's due on January 29.

Nice little stretch upcoming for the Vita with Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (1/29), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2/5), PS All-Stars DLC (2/12), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ (2/26), MLB 13 The Show (3/5), Soul Sacrifice (3/12) and Dead or Alive 5+ (3/19), especially considering the system has seen just one retail release since the start of December (Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed) and only 4 total since the start of November (adding Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified, Persona 4 Golden and PS All-Stars Battle Royale).

Frighteningly there are only a handful of announced games on the horizon after that though (Killzone: Mercenary, Tearaway, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's crown...

Im a little worried about upcoming titles on the vita as well. This summer will be the perfect time to release a ton of stuff for it. Expecially if we see a ps4 announcment with big ps vita integration at e3. But there doesnt seem to much coming up, and im afraid itll loose momentum and get buried by next gen consoles without a few big games hitting in summer.

Also, is soul sacrifice schedualed for march in usa? Ive only seen japaneese stuff so far. Really wanna get my hands on it.

#4344 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Im a little worried about upcoming titles on the vita as well. This summer will be the perfect time to release a ton of stuff for it. Expecially if we see a ps4 announcment with big ps vita integration at e3. But there doesnt seem to much coming up, and im afraid itll loose momentum and get buried by next gen consoles without a few big games hitting in summer.

Also, is soul sacrifice schedualed for march in usa? Ive only seen japaneese stuff so far. Really wanna get my hands on it.

As far as I've seen it's only out in March in Japan and there's no official date yet in the US. That said, Gamestop lists it as 3/31/13 (meaning it's scheduled as a first quarter release) and Amazon lists it on the strangely precise date of 3/13/13 which gives me some hope. Let's hope Inafune can work his magic and give the Vita the real system seller it so desperately needs.

Those Monster Hunter 4 Vita rumors are encouraging as we look to the future. Also have to imagine that sequels to Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, etc are in the works. We can also expect sequels to fighting games, iterations of sports games, some creative PSN games and inferior versions of existing console franchises the rest of this year.

Sadly, it feels like the Vita might end up being a lot like the Saturn. A niche system that appeals only to the fanbases of a few hardcore genres (so far, it sure is good for JPRG's and fighting games). It feels like unless those handful of big announced releases all hit home runs it will be very difficult for the Vita to build a sufficiently sustainable market share to merit future 3rd party development. I sure hope I'm wrong because I absolutely adore my Vita. I play it more than my WiiU, 360, 3DS and PS3 combined.

#4345 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

The vita should get alot of new scheduled releases come e3 as well as how it'll be fully integrated ala wiiu with the ps4. Then they'll all be jealous we own a vita, yes then they will.

Kind of sounds like wishful thinking but hopefully it's true.

I personally don't care or like the whole PS4 integration idea but the Vita is in for quite a dry spell if the releases of 2013 are only the ones we're aware of thus far.

Such lack of releases on its 2nd year would often spell death for a device so lets hope we're in for a great deal of good news for the Vita in the future.

The 3DS/Wii U look at a lot more appealing than before due to 2013 release schedule and direct feed that went on today.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#4346 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Any impressions of Unfinished Swan? Considering it, was hoping to hear back from CAGers about their thoughts.

#4347 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

The vita should get alot of new scheduled releases come e3 as well as how it'll be fully integrated ala wiiu with the ps4. Then they'll all be jealous we own a vita, yes then they will.

Maybe PS4 integration is why we aren't hearing of any releases far off into the future -- Sony doesn't want companies announcing games and accidentally mentioning something about the PS4 until the system is officially unveiled.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4348 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ok just tried it out. My disk save was able to load up no problem.

I appreciate it and I'm going to pick it up then along with Unfinished Swan and possibly Psychonauts, Nights, Warp, and Machinarium.

Maybe PS4 integration is why we aren't hearing of any releases far off into the future -- Sony doesn't want companies announcing games and accidentally mentioning something about the PS4 until the system is officially unveiled.

We can certainly hope.

#4349 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Any impressions of Unfinished Swan? Considering it, was hoping to hear back from CAGers about their thoughts.

Bought it and played/beat it last night and I can't imagine anything better to spend $3.75 on. Assuming you have plus that is. I still have a desire to play through it again and get more balloons.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4350 MyWorstNightmare

MyWorstNightmare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

The last 5 pages have many thoughts on the game. Concensus is get it.