Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#421 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I tried the demo for Space Channel 5 Part 2 on Xbox 360 because (as is often the case) PSN doesn't have a demo for it. I liked it and found it fairly easy to do the right moves on the Xbox 360. Since it was 400 points on XBLA vs. $2.99 for PSN+ here, I bought the PS3 version off PSN. As Arnie might say that might have been a "big mistake".

Why? Because most of the time when I repeat the moves correctly with what I think is the right timing, the PS3 buzzes at me and I soon lose. On the Xbox 360 it rarely ever buzzed at me. After repeatedly failing on the PS3 I went back to the Xbox 360 demo version and once again I rarely missed a move. So I'm thinking something is wrong with the PS3 version or there's a trick to it.

So I read the few full reviews that exist and then Googled to see if anyone mentioned timing issues on the PS3 anywhere or in the game's FAQ. I couldn't find a single word about it.

Someone familiar with the PS3 game, please help me... is the PS3 version messed up or more difficult or is there a trick or some cue to know when to start my moves? I'd rather not have to buy it again on the Xbox 360 just because the PS3 version is unplayable for me. Unfortunately I don't see a tutorial or practice area in the game. I have to go through all of the introduction to try again.

#422 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Looks like that discount on Sleeping Dogs by buying Hitman: Absolution drops it to $24.99, which is mentioned in the description for Absolution.

#423 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

@ Frisky

we miss the game guessing for this week :)

#424 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Though atm I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace it with the full front covering Persona 4 one.

The documentation with the Persona 4 skin explicitly says its screen cover is not meant to protect the screen.

#425 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Any idea what time frame you need to spend the $60 in is? Is it this weekend or the month?

#426 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Before the update on Tuesday.

#427 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Before the update on Tuesday.

Thanks. Starting when? Just puchases this weekend or the whole month?

#428 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

With the update this past Tuesday.

#429 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:

PS3

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - (Also on PSN/PS Vita: Jan 2013) – Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault returns to the series’ classic feel, camera, controls and weapons, while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play. Even better, the addition of online features means you can experience the fun with your friends.

PSN

Ace Combat Assault Horizon – Ace Combat Assault Horizon intensifies the franchise, escalating combat to the next level with aircraft that are literally torn apart, spewing oil and debris across the sky. Players will engage in combat across the globe, dodging skyscrapers, and turning their enemies into fiery supersonic debris in both single player and online multiplayer. Never before has combat been so fast and in-your-face!

Men in Black: Alien Crisis – Join the Men in Black as Peter Delacoeur, a MIB Agent in training assigned to unearth enemy aliens who are planning to destroy planet Earth. With hidden surveillance and stealthy guards on the prowl, players must ambush confidential alien intelligence and stop all alien attacks. Men In Black: Alien Crisis brings exciting, realistic MIB Agent movements as players shoot, and dodge their way through action-packed levels to escape fierce alien assaults. Play through the game in two-player split-screen action or test your MIB skills against your friends in four-person “hot-seat” competitive action.

Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension (PS Vita/PSP) – Fans will have the ability to play as one of eight characters including Phineas, Ferb or Agent P and overcome obstacles, use wacky gadgets unique to each character to defeat enemies. In addition, players can collect items, upgrade gadgets and unlock new playable characters while navigating through 24 thrilling levels in a quest to battle the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz and his robot army to save the world.

Fighting Vipers – Fighting Vipers brings fast-paced, brutal street-fighting action to the PS3.

Sonic the Fighters – A port of the Sega arcade game, featuring favorite Sonic characters fighting each other with unique special moves.

Virtua Fighter 2 – The first true 3D polygonal fighting game, Virtua Fighter brought to the table life-like animations and a fighting system that favored realism over fireballs and dragon punches. With Virtua Fighter 2, the series hit full stride with improved animations, a significant increase in the moves arsenal, fully texture-mapped graphics and a much speedier pace. While other 3D fighters may have implemented differing fighting systems, the influence and impact that Virtua Fighter 2 made is undeniable. The rest, as they say, is history.

Demos

LEGO Lord of the Rings
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal

#430 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I don't know where I read that Uncharted for Vita is going back to its regular price, has anyone heard that too?

#431 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

nope, but already DLd it on vita, works great
Posted Image
Posted Image

#432 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

I jumped on that Music Unlimited 1 year plan for $12.. Got it on my Galaxy S3 also, haven't found an album yet that's not available.

axlrose4183.png

#433 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Here's a suggestion for an alternate deal:

With the release of the new PS3/Vita Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Criterion), it appears that EA has removed the PS2 Classics version of the original NFS Most Wanted (Black Box) from the PSN store. Gamestop, however, still has the older title available for $9.99:

http://www.gamestop....t-wanted/102086

Posted Image
Posted Image

#434 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Can anyone recommend a good case and screen protector? I heard the Vita screen scratches easily.

http://www.amazon.co...rustmaster vita

That's what I use. It's sturdy, and doesn't make me feel scared for my Vita when it's in my backpack.

#435 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

The documentation with the Persona 4 skin explicitly says its screen cover is not meant to protect the screen.

I just put my P4 skin directly ontop of my normal screen protector.

Little thick around the PS button edges, but it's really not bad.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#436 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

If it covers it, wouldn't that be considered protection lol?

#437 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

If it covers it, wouldn't that be considered protection lol?

That depends on the protection. Your baseball cap covers your head, but I wouldn't wear it riding a motorcycle

#438 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

I mean against basic scratches/marks, the things a screen protector prevents lol. Its not like they help against falls or anything

#439 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

I mean against basic scratches/marks, the things a screen protector prevents lol. Its not like they help against falls or anything

yea, I'd think so. That phrase is probably for legal purposes.

#440 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Wake up people, PS Plus update is here.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#441 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Anyone know how much that Sonic Fighting game will be? I have heard that it was awful, but if its $5 I will probably pick it up anyway for laughs.

#442 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

It'll be $5 along with Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers.

#443 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wake up people, PS Plus update is here.

Posted Image

thanks for the update I'm going to get Peggle, Terrover, Swords and Soldiers and finally Slam Bolt Scrappers

Only one more trophy and I've finished with Super Stacker 100% then I'll go on normal gaming

EDIT: oh and pinball arcade which is 50% off, that is a killer deal for me
:error:
Spoiler

#444 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sony, make it easy for devs to have PSN games run on the Vita. Do it
Posted Image

#445 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

this weeks PS+ is just horrible
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#446 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

this weeks PS+ is just horrible

Last week of the month is almost always just discounts, what did you expect?
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#447 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Sideways and Swords n Soldiers have already been free. Think I played Swords once and then dumped it.

Is that untold legends for the PSP? Just a hack n slash?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#448 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Sideways and Swords n Soldiers have already been free. Think I played Swords once and then dumped it.

Is that untold legends for the PSP? Just a hack n slash?

Yeah, and it's not worth buying, imo. Sideways was fun at first, but it got stale for me pretty fast. Dumped Swords and Soldiers too after an initial try.

#449 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ect-psn-titles/

The PS+ Update for this week:

With Thanksgiving over and the holiday season upon us, our friends over at Sony Online Entertainment and Farsight Studios are offering up some amazing deals on games that everyone in the family can enjoy. Cash Guns Chaos might be a bit much for the kids, but the rest are great for all. So let’s wrap up an amazing November with these great deals!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here for access.

November 27th PlayStation Plus Update

Bejeweled 2 (PS3)

50% off for Plus members (Regular price: $4.99, PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Match sparkling gems three at a time to make them burst in showers of color and points. Match four or more to create flashy power gems that boost your score and your mood with brilliant cascades and combos. For even more dazzling fun, bump up your brainwaves with multi-faceted Puzzles, or enter the Zen state of Endless play.

Cash Guns Chaos (PS3)

50% off for Plus members (Regular price: $2.49, PS Plus Price: $1.25)

A fast-paced top-down shooter featuring intense run and gun arcade-action across more than 15 levels as you battle a never-ending onslaught of relentless enemies.

Peggle (PS3 and PSP versions)

Peggle features everything you’ll need for the ultimate pinballesque adventure! Take aim and shoot metal balls from the cannon to clear mazes of brightly colored pegs. Indulge your love for bouncing balls and amazing firework effects by becoming a Peggle Master through 55 levels and 75 challenges.

Sideway NY (PS3)

Battle your way through a twisted graffiti world where your prowess in puzzle solving makes the difference between life and death! Jump into one of the most unique and visually compelling 3D game worlds ever created. Follow the twisted journey of Nox, through a fast-paced 2D adventure set in a 3D world.

Slam Bolt Scrappers (PS3)

Build and brawl in this fast and frantic mash-up! Race your opponents to build the most powerful towers in Slam Bolt City while defending against deceptively adorable baddies and hugely epic bosses. Create weapons that shoot lasers, drills, missiles, and more to annihilate your adversary. Battle in four-player co-op campaign mode, or go head-to-head for more brawling and block-building awesomeness.

Swords & Soldiers (PS3)

Blend ninja monkeys, attacking Aztecs and brutal Vikings with everything you love about real time strategy games and you’ve got Swords and Soldiers! Acquire resources, assemble your army, thwart enemies and dominate your opponents in single and multiplayer local and online modes. Choose from the Aztec, Viking and Chinese factions, each with their own missions, campaigns and abilities.

TerRover (PS3)

Launch yourself into the surreal mash-up of unique cartoon graphics and 2-D physics universe that is TerRover. Navigate through over forty stages of puzzling arcade levels in five different vivid art styles including the icy vistas of Congelata, all-tech surfaces of Mechanica, strange vegetation and terrains of Acor and Aura, and the treacherous volcanoes and lava of Volcanus!

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (PSP)

50% off for Plus members (Regular price: $7.49, PS Plus Price: $3.75)

Choose from among four unique character classes and journey to the fantasy world of Aven. Experience on-the-go hack ‘n slash combat or join cooperative multi-player battles via wireless gameplay. Venture through dynamic 3D environments, discover rich treasures and unravel the mystery of an ancient planet.

Untold Legends: The Warriors Code (PSP)

50% off for Plus members (Regular price: $7.49, PS Plus Price: $3.75)

Untold Legends: The Warrior’s Code features an epic storyline brought to life through dramatic in-game cinematics, along with a completely new combat experience and enhanced 3D graphics. Players can now experience this action-RPG genre through an upgraded combat engine designed for strategic combat, a wider variety of combat moves and special abilities, and interactive boss battles with unique AI.

Pinball Arcade (PS3 and PS Vita)

50% off for Plus members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up the core game at a great price, and watch for the monthly updates to get even more tables to play online tournaments and additional modes on.

We’ll be back next week with an all new free game to play. Until then, we hope you’ve enjoyed the content this month. To give us a good look back on November, let us know what you felt was the best update this month. As always, thanks for your feedback and we’ll see you next week!

Definitely picking up TerRover and maybe Slam Bolt Scrappers.

#450 gravel

gravel

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Is the PS+ discount showing for anyone for Alice: Madness Returns? It's still $19.99 for me.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,