Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4471 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Love that new websotre, makes purchasing my PS + games a breeze. Good job Sony.

Hope that Cubixx game is not just the Mini title, but otherwise it looks pretty cool.

The PSN version got good reviews including an 8/10 on Eurogamer.

Edited by prayformojo, 25 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#4472 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

The online store is great. I already "purchased" the rest of the PS+ games. They're in my purchase history for download later. Actually it's a little wonky. It seemed to let me "buy" the Vita games, but then I wasn't sure I'd gotten them all, so I tried the ones I thought I'd missed and then it said I couldn't purchase them. Is that it's way of saying that I already purchased them, or is there some reason I can't purchase them (I should note that I don't yet have a Vita - I'm getting them in case I ever do).

Also I'm kind of glad it doesn't automatically download the games once I log into the PS3, because I don't want to download them right now. However when buying a game I do want to play right away, well then I'd change my tune. :)

Crunchewy.png

#4473 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Greed Corp and Gatling Gears are both awesome games (check out some reviews) for those wondering. That said, it feels kind of weird to pay $5 for them considering the deals from this week.

#4474 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Greed Corp and Gatling Gears are both awesome games (check out some reviews) for those wondering. That said, it feels kind of weird to pay $5 for them considering the deals from this week.

Greed corp was at 2.50$ some months ago, not sure about Gatling Gears I don't know why they are not doing 2.50$ again for PS+, maybe they will again
:error:
Spoiler

#4475 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Is Tiger Woods worth $10?

#4476 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

So glad there is a web store now. It will cut out the need to turn on my playstation just to get the plus games and what not. I'm thinking in the long run I'll end up spending more too.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#4477 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Only browsed it for a couple minutes and aded a PS+ game to my account but I think I really really like the web store. Simple and quick. Much better than the store on the Playstation.

#4478 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

As I understand it, the only game which really had issues was the first Hitman game (the only one I haven't played).

Hitman: Contracts is just that, flashbacks of various missions of Agent 47, about half of which are remakes from the first Hitman game and the other half are new, as such you don't miss that much not having the first game in this collection. Contracts also features probably my favorite level in all three of those Hitman games, Traditions of the Trade which is set in a hotel. It features so many different options to complete your mission that it is a joy to play over and over and I would buy it immediately if it ever came back to Steam.

Hitman: Blood Money has a greater volume of quality missions than Contracts with a few standouts and has a better narrative focus than the slightly jumbled Contracts, but none of the missions meet the high mark set by Traditions of the Trade (though a few come close).

Hitman 2 has a few great missions, but as it is earlier in the franchise the quality is more inconsistent with fewer options to complete your mission. It could also be less memorable because it has probably been 9 or 10 years since I last played it.

If you don't want to get all of them, I would probably get Blood Money, Contracts, and/or Hitman 2; in that order.

Guardian_owl.png

#4479 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Now they need to get their act together and get other stuff online, such as seeing what friends are playing or if online, send/receive messages, look at games and their trophies (and which you've completed), do this such that Raptr can track game time, etc.

Crunchewy.png

#4480 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Am I crazy or did they secretly raise the price of LBP Karting from $10.00 to $10.99? o_O

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#4481 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Am I crazy or did they secretly raise the price of LBP Karting from $10.00 to $10.99? o_O

Still $10 for me in the web store....which, by the way, is awesome!!

#4482 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

You are not crazy.
On the front page of the store, it is listed at $10.99 (for me anyway).
But when I went to a specific section (PSN Plus?) it was showing $10.
Posted Image

#4483 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Love the web store; runs so much faster/smoother than the PS3 one. Noticed a single issue. I bought LBP Karting on Tuesday along with other games, but the web store doesn't mark it as purchased (other games are marked).

#4484 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Proof that there will always be people complaining.

And acting like tools.

default.png2.png

#4485 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Holllly shit, you guys. The online store is very nice :D

Also, what are the odds the Sly Collection will go on sale? I got $30 burning a hole in my PSN pocket, and I've never, ever played any of the Sly games.
Posted Image

#4486 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Online is amazing now i can delete the store off my ps3.:whee:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png?44341065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4487 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Still $10 for me in the web store....which, by the way, is awesome!!

You are not crazy.
On the front page of the store, it is listed at $10.99 (for me anyway).
But when I went to a specific section (PSN Plus?) it was showing $10.

Ahh, weird!

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#4488 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Online is amazing now i can delete the store off my ps3.:whee:

Amen! I wince every time I launch it. :bouncy:

#4489 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Holllly shit, you guys. The online store is very nice :D

Also, what are the odds the Sly Collection will go on sale? I got $30 burning a hole in my PSN pocket, and I've never, ever played any of the Sly games.

Your best chance at catching the Sly Collection on sale is when Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time comes out early next month. I'd hold off till then.

#4490 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Your best chance at catching the Sly Collection on sale is when Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time comes out early next month. I'd hold off till then.

Cool. Will do! Thanks, brother.

#4491 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Don't everyone get too excited at once now, but 'Everyone Sing' is coming to PSN on Tuesday

http://blog.us.plays...on-psn-tuesday/

#4492 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Holy shit, I just realized something. Didn't the iOS port of Vice City have issues with the soundtrack? I hope that isn't the case with the PSN release. That soundtrack is crucial to that game!

It was removed from all versions that are currently on sale, which currently just covers the Steam and mobile versions. The PS2 version probably suffers the same fate.

Love that new websotre, makes purchasing my PS + games a breeze. Good job Sony.

Hope that Cubixx game is not just the Mini title, but otherwise it looks pretty cool.

The PSN version got good reviews including an 8/10 on Eurogamer.

It's the PlayStation Mobile game.

http://thegamershub..../cubixx-review/

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4493 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

It's the PlayStation Mobile game.

http://thegamershub..../cubixx-review/

And I actually regret buying CubixxHD for $5 a few months ago. The actual game is a pretty decent idea, but the implementation isn't great. There's a lot of replaying levels over and over because you have to beat (I think) 5 levels with one set of lives before you can unlock the next set of levels. The trophies are pretty terrible as well, which is something not everybody cares about, but I do.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4494 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

And I actually regret buying CubixxHD for $5 a few months ago. The actual game is a pretty decent idea, but the implementation isn't great. There's a lot of replaying levels over and over because you have to beat (I think) 5 levels with one set of lives before you can unlock the next set of levels. The trophies are pretty terrible as well, which is something not everybody cares about, but I do.

The Minis version, which is what the PSM version is based on, it better in that sense since it's handled like an arcade game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4495 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

The Minis version, which is what the PSM version is based on, it better in that sense since it's handled like an arcade game.

That's good to hear.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4496 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

How is physconauts?

#4497 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

It was removed from all versions that are currently on sale, which currently just covers the Steam and mobile versions. The PS2 version probably suffers the same fate.

I dont understand. What is the "it" that was removed? The entire soundtrack? Just the handful of songs that were mentioned by waldo above? Something else?

It would be a real bummer to play Vice City without *any* 80's songs.
Posted Image

#4498 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the info on Cubixx. I guess that is the free PS Mobile game for the week. I was hoping we would get a vita IGC game since Chronovolt is going away.

#4499 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

I just noticed a new offer at the store:
15 months of PS Plus for $49.99. Check it at Playstation Plus - New Arrivals.
Sorry if this was posted earlier.
Posted Image

#4500 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hmm.. Should I buy NI No Kuni from PSN? I normally buy retail games on disc but it is sold out all over town.

CBrownsT10.png