Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4681 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Welp, this'll be my first Ninja Gaiden. Any tips on how to play it?

With the understanding that it's completely unlike Devil May Cry or God of War. The controls will feel clunky, the enemies will hit you and you will think it's unfair. If you practice you may get better, but it takes an actual commitment. You may want to seriously consider playing on one of the easier difficulty settings until you become acclimated to the enemy types, even if you normally avoid easy modes.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#4682 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Just an FYI about the 12+3 promo that is currently active where you get 3 months free of PS+ when buying a full year. It seems as if any activation of a year of PS+ triggers the promotion automatically.

darn it, i finally got around to entering the 3 annual codes i had about a month ago. that would have been an extra 9 months if i'd just waited. oh well.

#4683 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Sleeping Dogs for EU+, ha. They also get Lumines for Vita. Wonder what fantastic games the US is getting.

Sleeping Dogs is their Feb game... we haven't heard what our Feb games are yet.

But I plat'd SD... great game, but I'd much prefer something else for obvious reasons. And I bought Lumines during the recent sale -- again, I'd much prefer something else.

#4684 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

With the understanding that it's completely unlike Devil May Cry or God of War. The controls will feel clunky, the enemies will hit you and you will think it's unfair. If you practice you may get better, but it takes an actual commitment. You may want to seriously consider playing on one of the easier difficulty settings until you become acclimated to the enemy types, even if you normally avoid easy modes.

Yep easy mode and also learn and perfect pulling off the izuna drop. Its cheap as hell to do it over and over but so are the enemies.

Almost broke many Xbox controllers back in the day playing NG Black.

#4685 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Sony is getting ready to unveil a new game? (Is it guerrilla games new IP?)

#4686 BNB82

BNB82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Here is a review of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for those who were curious about the game:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4687 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

THIS if it's anything like the original sigma there's no shame in playing on an easy mode. Their easy mode is most game's normal mode. And the harder modes are like gauntlet modes in other games. The key to beating this game is practice. You have to learn how every enemy behaves and avoid taking any damage. Be prepared to die a lot due to trial and error as you figure out how to do this.

#4688 BNB82

BNB82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

It looks very God of War like. The woman could be Kratos' wife and the font reminds me of the series as well.

EDIT: This thread on neogaf also suggests the eye is Kratos' as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4689 rpg

rpg

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

God of war single player info Finally :)

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PMinsane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifBen 10: Omniverse 2 $4.46-R or TimeShare Pm 2014 Completed Games

#4690 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

On the fence about Hot Shots Golf. Thoughts anyone?

#4691 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks, brother. Was beginning to think I wouldn't get a serious answer!

#4692 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

It looks very God of War like. The woman could be Kratos' wife and the font reminds me of the series as well.

EDIT: This thread on neogaf also suggests the eye is Kratos' as well.

Yeah, someone in that thread also mentioned Game Day probably is in reference to the Super Bowl. It's probably just a teaser for a GOW Asension Super Bowl trailer.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#4693 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

God of war single player info Finally :)

Yeah it is most likely single player info... I forgot Sony still haven't discussed much about Ascension's single player.

#4694 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

On the fence about Hot Shots Golf. Thoughts anyone?

No trophies but move support.

I played a quick round after buying it and think it's more fun than Tiger Woods.

#4695 Pravado

Pravado

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Why give the vita version free and not the ps3 version of NG?

RAGE. Last week was a really good week, but every other week since buying my ps+ subscription has been full of games I already have, don't want, or tons of non-ps3 crap

Ugh

Edited by io, 29 January 2013 - 04:15 AM.
Removed slur

#4696 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

They keep giving vita games away, but i have no more space left on my 16 gig memory card. Their really trying to get me to buy that 32 gig at full price :twisted:.

#4697 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Welp, this'll be my first Ninja Gaiden. Any tips on how to play it?

I played Ninja Gaiden Black several years ago. If I remember correctly, the strategy I used was to keep constant motion/offense. Block when need be, but never stay still for too long.

How big is the Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ download?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#4698 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Why give the vita version free and not the ps3 version of NG?

RAGE. Last week was a really good week, but every other week since buying my ps+ subscription has been full of games I already have, don't want, or tons of non-ps3 crap

Ugh

SEE! Another reason to bring back the monthly updates... I'm afraid I know why we quit getting monthly updates. They probably don't know what deals they will get a month out. :(

#4699 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

They keep giving vita games away, but i have no more space left on my 16 gig memory card. Their really trying to get me to buy that 32 gig at full price :twisted:.

I'm tempted too, but then I remember that it's not that hard to delete and re-download stuff as desired. It's not like I play every game at the same time, anyway. Still, I am on the look out for a great 32GB bargain.

#4700 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Does anyone know why the EU February Plus schedule was released all at once? Is it normal for EU or was that a leak? I wonder if US will start seeing a monthly schedule.

#4701 rpg

rpg

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Does anyone know why the EU February Plus schedule was released all at once? Is it normal for EU or was that a leak? I wonder if US will start seeing a monthly schedule.

Normal, they do that every month.

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PMinsane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifBen 10: Omniverse 2 $4.46-R or TimeShare Pm 2014 Completed Games

#4702 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

SEE! Another reason to bring back the monthly updates... I'm afraid I know why we quit getting monthly updates. They probably don't know what deals they will get a month out. :(

That's part of it. They had a couple instances where they promoted a deal at the beginning of the month and couldn't follow through with it.

There were also a decent amount of complaints on the end-of-month updates saying that there was no good PS+ stuff (which were accurate because the monthly updates were always top-heavy), and that they should start staggering their releases anymore so we can get something good every week.

As for the sales ending tomorrow, I grabbed Nights, Unfinished Swan, Psychonauts, and HotD:O (sold my retail copies of the last two). Debated Machinarium but I'm gonna have to pass, even at $2.50. Still debating LBP Karting, but more than likely I'll buy it before I go to bed tonight.

Edited by tylerh1701, 29 January 2013 - 06:01 AM.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#4703 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

How much time do we have until the 13 for 13 deal ends?
Posted Image

#4704 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Update will be sometime tomorrow but they don't really have a set schedule. Late afternoon/early evening.

#4705 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Update will be sometime tomorrow but they don't really have a set schedule. Late afternoon/early evening.

Yeah, don't Fuck around, get what you need now!

#4706 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

So with these constant free vita games, I take it sony is telling the public DON'T BUY VITA GAMES, we'll just give them to you free a couple months after release.

Btw hey sony, microsoft's online store works on any device, your store doesn't support iPad. Fuck you.

Edited by Romeo, 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#4707 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

So with these constant free vita games, I take it sony is telling the public DON'T BUY VITA GAMES, we'll just give them to you free a couple months after release.

If by free you mean paying about $50/year to Sony to continue access to the games, sure.

;)

#4708 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Btw hey sony, microsoft's online store works on any device, your store doesn't support iPad. Fuck you.

A lot of these "constant free vita games" aren't even retail games. And by "free a couple months after release," do you mean nearly a YEAR after the initial release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? In summation, no, that's obviously not what they're telling the public. Don't feel butt-hurt cause you bought a game and it happened to be free through PS+ later down the line. I have 8 different physical Vita games and not a single one has been free yet. Get over it.

And there's no point in bitching about the PSN web store when they just launched it. Fuck you for being too lazy to use a PC/PS3/Vita.

#4709 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

On the fence about Unfinished Swan. Is it a definite buy?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#4710 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

On the fence about Unfinished Swan. Is it a definite buy?

it will never be cheaper than this