Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4711 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

On the fence about Unfinished Swan. Is it a definite buy?

It will be the best $3.75 you spend all year.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4712 io

io

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

So, crap, I guess no one ever figured out if LBP Karting digital version works with the disc-based game save? I've waited all week for someone to figure that out before I bought it ;).

I guess I'll be the guinea pig and just buy the damn thing and see what happens...

And... The verdict is... it fucking does not work with the disc-based game save. The rat bastards. Why, oh why do they ever do that!?

#4713 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

And... The verdict is... it fucking does not work with the disc-based game save. The rat bastards. Why, oh why do they ever do that!?

That's as ridiculous as when game saves don't transfer over with GOTY versions. You'd think for the same damn game there wouldn't be issues like these.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4714 io

io

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

That's as ridiculous as when game saves don't transfer over with GOTY versions. You'd think for the same damn game there wouldn't be issues like these.

What's even worse is that I think it is because of the presence of the online pass for the disc-based copy. So they hose you once with the pass, then punish you for upgrading to the digital copy by making you start over again. If they didn't have those stupid online passes for games like this, then the digital version would no doubt be compatible. The other game like this was Ratchet & Clank All 4 One. That wasn't too bad since the digital version was a PS+ freebie and I hadn't gotten too far into the game anyway. But with LBP Karting I had finished all of story mode - and I'm afraid to tell my son that he will have to start over as he's put many more hours into it than me including building some tracks.

But when I fired it up it just started from scratch like I had never played the game. It even re-downloaded the patches, which is just beyond stupid.

#4715 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Any word on whether Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault is finally going up for Vita? Wasn't that supposed to be with this update?

#4716 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Went for Unfinished Swan, but still undecided about LBP. It will suck if I buy it now and it becomes a free PSN Plus game or $5 for a physical copy in a daily deal.

#4717 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

What's even worse is that I think it is because of the presence of the online pass for the disc-based copy. So they hose you once with the pass, then punish you for upgrading to the digital copy by making you start over again. If they didn't have those stupid online passes for games like this, then the digital version would no doubt be compatible. The other game like this was Ratchet & Clank All 4 One. That wasn't too bad since the digital version was a PS+ freebie and I hadn't gotten too far into the game anyway. But with LBP Karting I had finished all of story mode - and I'm afraid to tell my son that he will have to start over as he's put many more hours into it than me including building some tracks.

But when I fired it up it just started from scratch like I had never played the game. It even re-downloaded the patches, which is just beyond stupid.

The dumbest part about it is that there is no consistency, some games are fine between disk and digital, others are not. Its as if they never thought that anyone would switch or upgrade, and it is a huge oversight considering how strongly Sony is pushing digital content.

#4718 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Went for Unfinished Swan, but still undecided about LBP. It will suck if I buy it now and it becomes a free PSN Plus game or $5 for a physical copy in a daily deal.

It would be a five to ten dollar difference depending on whether it is free or goes on sale again.

There are a lot of things in this world that suck far more than losing out on five or ten dollars.

#4719 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

If you dig karting games and LBP and want to play it now the $10 is well worth it. There is no reason to worry about future price drops and all that if you want to play it now. It's all about when you want to play it at this point.

#4720 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone know why the EU February Plus schedule was released all at once? Is it normal for EU or was that a leak? I wonder if US will start seeing a monthly schedule.

http://blog.eu.plays...bruary-content/

6th February: Sleeping Dogs
6th February: Quantum Conundrum
6th February: F1 Race Stars
13th February: WipEout 2048
20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

Because the EU releases seem to be better lol.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#4721 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Any word on whether Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault is finally going up for Vita? Wasn't that supposed to be with this update?

Yesterday I had heard release is now 'February'.

MildObstruction.png

#4722 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I thought I heard Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault was also getting a patch to address some of the complaints about the game. Maybe they are planning to release both the patch and the Vita version together.

I got mine on a Target clearance and am waiting to open it when the Vita version is done.

#4723 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

How much longer will the 13 for 13 deal be available?

#4724 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

How much longer will the 13 for 13 deal be available?

It will end today when the store updates, so this evening most likely.

#4725 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

A lot of these "constant free vita games" aren't even retail games. And by "free a couple months after release," do you mean nearly a YEAR after the initial release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? In summation, no, that's obviously not what they're telling the public. Don't feel butt-hurt cause you bought a game and it happened to be free through PS+ later down the line. I have 8 different physical Vita games and not a single one has been free yet. Get over it.

And there's no point in bitching about the PSN web store when they just launched it. Fuck you for being too lazy to use a PC/PS3/Vita.

I find it best to just ignore that guy's comments. They're usually really negative.

That sucks. They must be having some serious trouble with it. If you find the source for where you heard this, could you post it? I couldn't find anything anywhere.

Edited by tylerh1701, 29 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#4726 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

picked up unfinished swan + garfield/odie lbp pack

joaryche.png

#4727 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

It will end today when the store updates, so this evening most likely.

If you're considering a game, my advice would be to just go ahead and get it. The most you are talking is $11 for a $60 game if you are PS+. I picked up a few things... Still considering getting another, and honestly I think I am going to walk over to the PS3 and get it right now. lol

#4728 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

If you're considering a game, my advice would be to just go ahead and get it. The most you are talking is $11 for a $60 game if you are PS+. I picked up a few things... Still considering getting another, and honestly I think I am going to walk over to the PS3 and get it right now. lol

I talked myself into buying Shank 2 just now. This PS store on PC is going to be very bad for my bank account...

#4729 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

picked up unfinished swan + garfield/odie lbp pack

Enjoy Unfinished Swan - I played through it last night and thought it was a fantastic experience.

#4730 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Enjoy Unfinished Swan - I played through it last night and thought it was a fantastic experience.

thanks, i'll give it a go tonight

joaryche.png

#4731 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I had downloaded the demo for Unfinished Swan and Nights but had failed to play them yet. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on both this morning since I doubted I would be able to get home and try them before the store update. Hopefully I agree with all the reports of Unfinished Swan being so good.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#4732 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

After watching a bunch of video reviews of LBP karting, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Freezes, so-so gameplay, poor online multiplayer integration, poor create mode tutorial, still lack of cross-DLC costume inclusion, and that it dropped 75% in 2 months makes me think its going to get dropped like Modnation racers. Or are ALL the reviews just overly critical?

Guardian_owl.png

#4733 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

If by free you mean paying about $50/year to Sony to continue access to the games, sure.

;)

If you pay $50 for 12 months of PS+ then you don't belong on this site.

A lot of these "constant free vita games" aren't even retail games. And by "free a couple months after release," do you mean nearly a YEAR after the initial release of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? In summation, no, that's obviously not what they're telling the public. Don't feel butt-hurt cause you bought a game and it happened to be free through PS+ later down the line. I have 8 different physical Vita games and not a single one has been free yet. Get over it.

And there's no point in bitching about the PSN web store when they just launched it. Fuck you for being too lazy to use a PC/PS3/Vita.

Oh the PSN store on my ps3 that literally just took 27 seconds to load to the front page from the xmb?

I own nearly every vita game out there so it's bound to happen.

#4734 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I had downloaded the demo for Unfinished Swan and Nights but had failed to play them yet. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on both this morning since I doubted I would be able to get home and try them before the store update. Hopefully I agree with all the reports of Unfinished Swan being so good.

I really want to want swan, but at two hours of gameplay total I just can't agree with paying a company for that.

#4735 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

After watching a bunch of video reviews of LBP karting, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Freezes, so-so gameplay, poor online multiplayer integration, poor create mode tutorial, still lack of cross-DLC costume inclusion, and that it dropped 75% in 2 months makes me think its going to get dropped like Modnation racers. Or are ALL the reviews just overly critical?

I bought it because I just finished playing Little Big Planet Vita (awesome game) and I like the LBP world - especially seeing what people create. I've only played a little, but it seems like a definite winner for $10 (assuming you can enjoy cart racing games). The game may not be stellar, but definitely seems worth checking out if you are on the fence. I don't see it getting much cheaper than $10 (unless it becomes free for PS Plus).

I have not noticed any of the freezing or poor online multiplayer integration, but my experience is limited. There was a sizable patch after my initial download, so that could have addressed some of those issues.

#4736 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I really want to want swan, but at two hours of gameplay total I just can't agree with paying a company for that.

Maybe it's just me, but I've spent more for less... like 6.99 for the extra episodes DLC for Asura's Wrath that took me about 2 hours to finish. Total time spent is irrelevant to the enjoyment you get.

I can't comment on how good Unfinished Swan is though, since I haven't even started it.

#4737 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I've spent more for less... like 6.99 for the extra episodes DLC for Asura's Wrath that took me about 2 hours to finish. Total time spent is irrelevant to the enjoyment you get.

I can't comment on how good Unfinished Swan is though, since I haven't even started it.

The other way I look at it is I just paid $2.50 for nights, plus warp and machinarium are $2.50 each. All of these games are at least 6 hours long.

Why would I pay more money for much less of game time?

#4738 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

The other way I look at it is I just paid $2.50 for nights, plus warp and machinarium are $2.50 each. All of these games are at least 6 hours long.

Because it's unlike anything else you can experience.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#4739 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Because it's unlike anything else you can experience.

Perhaps when it's $2 or less than. I just cannot support a company who wants to sell a two hour game for $15. I'm playing Ni No Kuni now, have a ton of PS+ games, and a backlog longer than an unraveled roll of toilet paper.

#4740 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

It was a blast to play through. As someone constantly fighting the backlog problem (with less and less free time) I can really enjoy a short game that I felt was a good experience. I don't need to grind out 200+ hours to feel like I got value out of my purchase. The 7 hours I put into Swan's 100% was a great time. (Except trying to find the balloons in the dark... that just got annoying)