Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4771 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Where do you have to preorder to get the Soul Sacrifice extras?

#4772 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I wish Jet Set Radio wasn't two different games. I was so close to pulling the trigger when I realized that the PS3 version and Vita version aren't the typical buy 1 get both type of promotion.

I'm really enjoying Gravity Rush. I played the demo and thought "what is everyone so hyped about, this game is kinda meh". That demo didn't do it justice imo.

I also really like Retro City Rampage...such a throwback to the old times and filled w/ so many references to 80s gaming and movies.

I agree. I have JSR on the vita. Why would I pay for it on the PS3? And with separate trophy lists, there's no way in hell I'm doing that tutorial twice.

#4773 vherub

vherub

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

playing unfinished swan, such a delight and an intelligent use of the move controller.

#4774 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

The pricing of PSN games is up to the publishers. (http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-318923)

#4775 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Newegg never gets bonuses in my experience.

The last new game I got from Newegg, P4G, came with the pre-order skin. So I beg to differ.

Where do you have to preorder to get the Soul Sacrifice extras?

Reading the comments on the PS Blog, Aram Jabbari said that there are no plans for retailer-exclusive promotions. So while there haven't been any specifics yet, it's safe to say that if you have it pre-ordered at any major retailer you should be good.

I wish Jet Set Radio wasn't two different games. I was so close to pulling the trigger when I realized that the PS3 version and Vita version aren't the typical buy 1 get both type of promotion.

This was done because both versions were released at two different times and the Vita has touch controls unique to that version. JSR Vita was also free the day it came out due to PS+.

#4776 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

The pricing of PSN games is up to the publishers. (http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-318923)

my mistake, guess i confused it with microsoft

still i don't understand why somebody would refuse to buy a game on sale for 3 bucks just because they originally charge 15?

always amazed at how petty some people can be

#4777 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

So with these constant free vita games, I take it sony is telling the public DON'T BUY VITA GAMES, we'll just give them to you free a couple months after release.

Maybe I'm missing the joke here, but the public at large has told Sony that they don't want to buy Vita games, so I don't see what the problem is. At least developers/publishers know that they can get a guaranteed amount of downloads with PS+ than they might on their own, which would be a good way of pushing for more games on Vita.

you said you can't justify giving a game money when they charge 15 bucks, you do realize that it's sony that gives a game it's price, not the developers of the game right?

The publisher/developer decides on the price. That's why GTA San Andreas is $15 instead of the typical $10 for a PS2 Classic since they wanted to match the price they charge for that game elsewhere. That's also why there are a good amount of games at weird prices outside of the $5/$10/$15 tiers.

If you pay $50 for 12 months of PS+ then you don't belong on this site.

So long, guys. I'm out of here.

You obviously have no idea what CAG is about.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4778 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

still i don't understand why somebody would refuse to buy a game on sale for 3 bucks just because they originally charge 15?

Lower starting point ($9.99 like the others) would mean a lower discounted price. Paying the same price for a game of equal quality that is shorter is perhaps justified, but paying more for a game that is shorter can cause one to hesitate. I would imagine he would of pulled the trigger if they were all $2.50. I can understand that way of thinking, Jak/Daxter and Ratchet/Clank I consider fairly interchangeable, yet one is $3.75 and the other is $2.00.

Guardian_owl.png

#4779 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wish bayonetta had ps+ sale for debut

it's a sega game though, so that means it'll be on sale every week after this week :lol:

#4780 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is probably even bigger news to me than the Soul Sacrifice date:

Aksys publishing Muramasa Rebirth for Vita in North America

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4781 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is probably even bigger news to me than the Soul Sacrifice date:

I'm definitely more excited for Soul Sacrifice (a seemingly motivated Inafune is as good as it gets), but this is fantastic news as well. Seems like a fantastic fit for the Vita.

#4782 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

it's a sega game though, so that means it'll be on sale every week after this week :lol:

LOL. So true.

With the recent digital releases of The House of the Dead: Overkill, Vanquish and now Bayonetta, I hope Resonance of Fate, Binary Domain and the Yakuza titles will get a digital release as well.

Spoiler

#4783 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Was sure it was coming to the US, but still neat to hear confirmation that Muramasa is being localized. Never got around to finishing the Wii version, so looking forward to playing this (especially if they make it so jumping is one of the main buttons, rather than pressing up on the analog stick).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4784 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

YES! Was really hoping they would port this to NA.

Hopefully someone ports Vita Fate/stay night Realta Nua next ^^

#4785 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'v heard Muramasa was better/equal to Odin Sphere, so I look forward to that, especially with trophy support.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#4786 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

The free games idea is actually pretty genius. If I were Sony, I would ONLY focus on giving free games that have extensive DLC (which is mostly what they have done). They are in effect offering a free game, through a paid service, to people who were unlikely to play or buy the game to begin with. Now that they have the full game and are likely to play it, if they like it, they are that much more likely to buy the DLC for it.

The PS4 might have a good start if they maintain PS+ in its current form and continue with Steam-like sales. It's only a matter of time until all the kids who grew up on 360 actually have jobs and can't rely on their parents credit cards to pay for XBL.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#4787 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Was sure it was coming to the US, but still neat to hear confirmation that Muramasa is being localized. Never got around to finishing the Wii version, so looking forward to playing this (especially if they make it so jumping is one of the main buttons, rather than pressing up on the analog stick).

This was posted in the Japanese Niche thread:
Posted Image

Now back to me being giddy about Soul Sacrifice. Soul Sacrifice is really the first Vita game in which I plan on playing heavily online. Now I only have to convince my only friend with a Vita to get it so we can play together.

#4788 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'v heard Muramasa was better/equal to Odin Sphere, so I look forward to that, especially with trophy support.

Much much better. If you enjoyed Odin Sphere, you will love the shit out of Muramasa.

My only wish for sony is to get more third parties to release their Jrpgs overseas. It's good that we get to play the old ones from PS1 but I played the crap out of them when I was a kid.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4789 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Not to start a debate or anything on Live vs PS+, but sheesh, just look at some of the sales from Live this week:
$5 Earthworm Jim, $8 each Mega Man 9 and 10, $7.50 NBA Jam, $5 Shank 2, $5 Warp, $20 Tiger Woods 13.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

For this week I'm just hoping that fishing game for the Vita has a demo.

#4790 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

platinum more so

#4791 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

If you pay $50 for 12 months of PS+ then you don't belong on this site.

At the $50 price point it's still a great deal.

But thanks for playing hall monitor.

#4792 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

This was posted in the Japanese Niche thread:
Posted Image

YES. Now I'm really looking forward to this. Oh, & it should be mentioned it'll get a new translation/script as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4793 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ninja Gaiden is free now on the Vita store. Not yet on the web.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#4794 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hmmm... I enjoyed the mod parts of Modnation but felt the racing was weak. Does LBPK suffer from crazy rubberbanding? Cause that's my biggest pet-peeve in Kart racers.

There is the same rubberbanding as in most karting games.

Wish bayonetta had ps+ sale for debut

So do I. Just means I'll be waiting a bit longer to pick it up.

#4795 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

https://store.sonyen...GSP000000000000

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is now available for free for PS+.

#4796 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

i see new releases on the web

https://store.sonyen...-ALLNEWRELEASES

Hitman $17 ea

Bayonetta 7232 mb

https://store.sonyen...0BAYONETTAHDDUS

Zone of the Enders HD Collection $35
https://store.sonyen...OEHDMAINGAME001

Edited by rpg, 29 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4797 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

^Hitman $17 each? How the Fuck did they come up with that one.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4798 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

^Hitman $17 each? How the Fuck did they come up with that one.

$17 X 3 = $51 and the Bundle is $40 to save you $10.97.

#4799 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

$17 X 3 = $41 and the Bundle is $40 to save you $0.97.

u sure is not $51?u lose $10.98

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4800 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I love how the first response to 'should I get this game' is always 'try the demo' but everyone that talks about demos says they don't do the game justice...

I managed to get a trade for ninja gaiden sigma plus (the physical version), so now I guess I don't care about the free one anymore. I'll always go a step further for physical copies over digital.