Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4801 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Another free Vita game is all I needed to make this week worth it. Yay for Ninja Gaiden. Haven't played any of the newer games outside of the DS game.

#4802 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

woo hoo, downloading Ninja Gaiden now.

#4803 io

io

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

After watching a bunch of video reviews of LBP karting, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Freezes, so-so gameplay, poor online multiplayer integration, poor create mode tutorial, still lack of cross-DLC costume inclusion, and that it dropped 75% in 2 months makes me think its going to get dropped like Modnation racers. Or are ALL the reviews just overly critical?

I know this is old news now (I assume the sale is over), but just a few responses to this: my son and I have played the game quite a bit since early January. I don't think we've seen more than maybe 1 freeze (if that) and the online multiplayer is pretty much just like in LBP. And the cross-game DLC costume inclusion is supposedly coming with a patch at some point.

It was a blast to play through. As someone constantly fighting the backlog problem (with less and less free time) I can really enjoy a short game that I felt was a good experience. I don't need to grind out 200+ hours to feel like I got value out of my purchase. The 7 hours I put into Swan's 100% was a great time. (Except trying to find the balloons in the dark... that just got annoying)

So, did you 100% the trophies, or just the balloon collection? Because I don't see how it is possible to get through that first section with just 3 paint blobs (which is one of the trophies).

#4804 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Waiting for hitman blood money and bayonetta to go on sale

Downloading Crysis 3 beta excited to know if its any beter (mp wise) than crysis 2

#4805 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I love how the first response to 'should I get this game' is always 'try the demo' but everyone that talks about demos says they don't do the game justice...

It all depends on the game. Not every situation or game is the same. One can get a really good feel for a game based on the demo. And in other cases, not so much.

#4806 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Lol @ me thinking about Bayonetta then remembering I have a $5.99 unopened copy from Sears. I really gotta start checking my collection. Already bought something that I already have!:-#

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4807 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm surprised the big addition was NG for Vita. No big freebie on PS3. Not complaining, though...PS+ is awesome regardless.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#4808 rpg

rpg

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

So, did you 100% the trophies, or just the balloon collection? Because I don't see how it is possible to get through that first section with just 3 paint blobs (which is one of the trophies).

this video helps

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Ben 10: Omniverse 2

#4809 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

The Minimalist trophy is easily the hardest in the game, took me about 6 tries to get it. But otherwise, the rest of it isn't too bad, especially if you have a guide.

Also, was I the only one creeped out by that sudden change in mood at the first 2 stages of the 3rd world?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4810 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'm surprised the big addition was NG for Vita. No big freebie on PS3. Not complaining, though...PS+ is awesome regardless.

I don't know why you would expect a PS3 game when none were taken down for PS+.

#4811 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

PSN update is now live.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4812 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Last Chance (Leaving on Feb. 5th)

Instant Game Collection — NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PM me insane.gif

#4813 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

This is absolutely where I'm at now, too. I hate it because I love the idea of these huge, involved RPG worlds where I can get lost. But I don't have the kind of free time I did when I was a kid. I can't get more than a few hours a day on a good day, and I can't play one game across 2 months and stay invested. Stuff like Journey, Unfinished Swan, and Papo y Yo are bite sized, one-night projects that are perfect for me. The artistic merit and interesting themes are another draw. And when I have an empty weekend sometimes I can spice it up with a 10-15hr shooter or action game.

But man, I do miss my oldschool RPG addictions.

I agree with all of this, every last bit and it makes me sad. Being a real life adult really sucks sometimes.:-({|=
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#4814 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Assassin's Creed II Ultimate Edition - $9.99 -
Spoiler

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Ultimate Edition - $13.99 -
Spoiler

Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Edition - $24.99 -
Spoiler

The Cursed Crusade - $14.99
Dead or Alive 5 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dead or Alive 5 with Hotties Swimwear Set Bundle - $44.99
Far Cry 2 Ultimate Edition - $14.99 -
Spoiler

Game of Thrones - $24.99
Gatling Gears - $4.99
Greed Corp - $4.99
SSX - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Madden NFL 13 - $41.99
Prince of Persia Ultimate Edition - $14.99 -
Spoiler

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Ultimate Edition - $37.99 -
Spoiler

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - $34.99 - 8.2 GB

Minis
Pick of the Crop Bundle - $4.99 -
Spoiler

Run For Your Life Bundle - $4.49 -
Spoiler

Vita
Madden NFL 13 - Vita - 27.99

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Groundhog Day Costume - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - Special Color Palette 4 - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack - $4.49 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack - $13.49 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK Additional Characters Pack - $14.99 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack - $2.99 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack - $8.99 - Cross Buy

Vita Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Groundhog Day Costume - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - Special Color Palette 4 - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack - $4.49 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack - $13.49 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack - $2.99 - Cross Buy
Street Fighter x Tekken - SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack - $8.99 - Cross Buy

PlayStation Mobile
Cubixx - Free

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Gatling Gears - $2.50
Greed Corp - $2.50
Madden NFL 13 - $23.39
Madden NFL 13 - Vita - $19.59
Section 8: Prejudice - $5.00

Games
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Vita -

Full Game Trials
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars

Expiring for PS+ Next Week:

Deals
escapeVektor - $7.99
Madden NFL 13 - $29.39
Madden NFL 13 - Vita - $19.59
Section 8: Prejudice - $5.00

Games
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 30 January 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#4815 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Happy to snag Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Madden NFL 13 Vita (not a great price and the game is a bit gimped but I can't help myself). Bummed no Ratchet and Clank: FFA Vita as scheduled though.

Hadn't heard before (and I know they've been cheaper) but Assassin's Creed II Ultimate ($9.99), AC: Brotherhood Ultimate ($13.99) and AC: Revelations Ultimate ($24.99) are all on sale too.

#4816 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

might be time for gatling gears
Posted Image

#4817 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I did not know Cursed Crusade was on there. Might pick it up as $14.99 is the price I usually see it used. I love me some good mindless hack n slash.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4818 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

did ZOE HD and Bayonetta ever get patched up for PS3?

#4819 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

did ZOE HD and Bayonetta ever get patched up for PS3?

Bayonetta yes
ZOE HD no

#4820 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Bayonetta yes

Patched to be better than at release, yes. Patched to be the same as the 360 version, no.

There's still some slowdowns, and some QTEs show up later than on the 360 version, for example.

#4821 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

I've never played a fishing game before, but I'm tempted by Let's Fish. Just seems like a kind of game more suited to a handheld imo.

#4822 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

The first of the THQ victims has been pulled with the Metro Last Light pre-order deal going kaput.

#4823 guardkitty

guardkitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Anyone try Let’s Fish! Hooked On yet?

#4824 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

The first of the THQ victims has been pulled with the Metro Last Light pre-order deal going kaput.

Seriously? Damn...

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4825 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I did indeed 100%.

this video helps

That's not the video I used. I actually made it all the way to the golden crown without any help. The hard part was that ramp with a little gap you can fall through. I kept trying to make it up and always fell at the same spot. So I had to figure out why I was having trouble. (Trick is to listen to the sound of your movement and after gold starts showing up use it to silhouette the rest of the room.) After I figured out that one part the rest was easy.

#4826 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Just in case you forgot, Cubixx is the free PSM game for the next week:

Cubixx (Free)

Use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk. Can you brave this hazardous environment and complete all 20 levels? Old-school, highscore-chasing gameplay with a modern twist. Get this PS Mobile title for free on the PS Vita Store and your PS Mobile certified devices today through February 6th. For more information, click here.

#4827 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk.

Sounds like Qix.

#4828 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Sounds like Qix.

Hence the "ixx" at the end of the name.

#4829 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Sly 4 comes out next week, and not a peep from Sony...:applause:

#4830 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Dammit why can't Madden be that price on 360 GoD, all of the UTM cards I got from when I rented it (bunch of bonus cards for having played older Maddens) are on the 360 version.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png