Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4831 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Sly 4 comes out next week, and not a peep from Sony...:applause:

Sony fired their entire PR staff except for the PS Blog folks last fall so what do you expect?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#4832 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

OP updated with links.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4833 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm so glad I decided to get Psychonauts and Unfinished Swan before the deal ended!

Too bad I have to wait all day for them both to download...
Posted Image

#4834 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Dammit why can't Madden be that price on 360 GoD, all of the UTM cards I got from when I rented it (bunch of bonus cards for having played older Maddens) are on the 360 version.

It should be 39.99 on xbl I got an E-mail for it

#4835 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just in case you forgot, Cubixx is the free PSM game for the next week:

Is this the mini version remade for PSM?
It's telling me not to turn off my PSP while saving to the Memory Stick. :?:

#4836 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Is this the mini version remade for PSM?
It's telling me not to turn off my PSP while saving to the Memory Stick. :?:

Yes.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4837 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Anyone else having issues with the store (I've been on the new webstore as well as on my Vita)? I keep getting a bad password error and I've reset it 3 times. At least I was able to queue up Ninja Gaiden.. :/

EDIT: Finally got it to work. Don't know what the problem was, but I can access my account now. Downloading the PSM freebie Cubixx.

Edited by Chrono Gear, 30 January 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#4838 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

So Ninja Gaiden Sigma for Vita is only free to play until your PS+ expires, right?

#4839 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

It should be 39.99 on xbl I got an E-mail for it

$39.99 does not equal $23 PS Plus price. Yeah it's on sale at GS as well for $40 but that's twice the PS Plus price.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#4840 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

So Ninja Gaiden Sigma for Vita is only free to play until your PS+ expires, right?

Right.
[URL="http://pfpowder.com"][/URL]

#4841 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Its not 23.39 with ps+ it's 29.39 with PS+

$39.99 does not equal $23 PS Plus price. Yeah it's on sale at GS as well for $40 but that's twice the PS Plus price.

#4842 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

I wonder if Sly Cooper 4 will be on PSN. I got some PSN bux that I'd love to use for it.
Posted Image

#4843 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Just started Ninja Gaiden. Good graphics. Gonna have to really practice climbing.

I like how you can touch the screen then use the right analog stick or motion control(holding your Vita up, down, left, right) to look around from where you're standing. Haven't found any other touchscreen functions, yet.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4844 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

I wonder if Sly Cooper 4 will be on PSN. I got some PSN bux that I'd love to use for it.

This game will be on psn.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4845 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

This game will be on psn.

It should still come with the Vita version, no? Or is that just a retail thing?
Posted Image

#4846 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

It should still come with the Vita version, no? Or is that just a retail thing?

Digital releases are also cross-buy. So yes, if you buy the digital release it will come with the Vita version.

#4847 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Huh. Vice City only takes up 3.6 GB? Not bad. But what I really wanna know is, when -- or if -- we're getting a demo for Aliens: Colonial Marines?

#4848 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Digital releases are also cross-buy. So yes, if you buy the digital release it will come with the Vita version.

Hellllllll yes. Thanks, brother.
Posted Image

#4849 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Is it just my Vita, or do PSN Store downloads crawl? It's saying it'll take 650+ minutes to download the 2.3GB for NGS+. It's always been this slow downloading updates and new content. My PS3 is relatively fast and my other wireless devices are not even close to this slow. What gives?

EDIT: Damn, I went through all the trouble of updating MediaGo and the Content Manager Assistant to try downloading on my PC first. You can only download PSP games from PSN and transfer it over to your Vita, not Vita games.

#4850 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

It's just your Vita. My NGS+ download on a hotel wifi took bout 20-30 mins i think. I started it up and forgot about it and checked and it was done... but not near too long.

i was watching Event Horizon in anticipation for Dead Space 3. while working. hard.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#4851 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

off topic (sorry), has anyone seen a sale for the Renegade Ops DLC pack (Coldstrike + vehicle) in the past? would appreciate any info, thanks!

#4852 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Is it just my Vita, or do PSN Store downloads crawl? It's saying it'll take 650+ minutes to download the 2.3GB for NGS+. It's always been this slow downloading updates and new content. My PS3 is relatively fast and my other wireless devices are not even close to this slow. What gives?

EDIT: Damn, I went through all the trouble of updating MediaGo and the Content Manager Assistant to try downloading on my PC first. You can only download PSP games from PSN and transfer it over to your Vita, not Vita games.

It's just your Vita. My NGS+ download on a hotel wifi took bout 20-30 mins i think. I started it up and forgot about it and checked and it was done... but not near too long.

i was watching Event Horizon in anticipation for Dead Space 3. while working. hard.

No its not just your Vita. Mine does that too. Its ridiculous i get such horrible speeds with it. I get like a 1 bar signal strength most of the time even standing right next to the router. Its the only device i have that does that. I think when i checked it was like 4mbs or something?

Ive just totally given up and chalked it up to a shit wireless card. I d.load all my games on the PS3 now and transfer them over that way. Thats the only solution. ITs a new vita too, one of the Assassins creed bundles.

By the way with all these great PS+ deals i think im gonna run outa room on my memory card soon, yeesh Sony! I was actually wondering. Some games they have on PS+ i actually own copies of but didn't open. Since Vita games come with no manuals (Screw you sony, thats friggin lame), i planned on keeping my copies sealed and doing the PS+ versions to play. I was just wondering: When PS+ expires can i just start using the cart copy and keep playing with the existing saves and stuff? Or will that cause a problem? Also will it put 2 icons on my Vita doing that?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4853 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

My Vita typically downloads stuff pretty quickly. However I will say that it took a while to download that update yesterday. Like...30 minutes. Was kind of shocked it took that long because it is usually so fast. Didn't take very long to download Ninja Gaiden after it went free though.

#4854 200STM

200STM

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I got the free cubixxx game I am quite happy with my ps+ in fact when I upgrade my PS3 from a 80GB BC Fat (Shes dying got to put her on gamestops door) to the White Super Diet Slim I will be getting 15 months of it (12 months included and there is a bonus 3 months added for a short time).

#4855 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Those Ubi ultimate editions are temping, but I'd prefer a retail GOTY disc. Oh well.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#4856 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

off topic (sorry), has anyone seen a sale for the Renegade Ops DLC pack (Coldstrike + vehicle) in the past? would appreciate any info, thanks!

AFAIK the DLC hasn't been on sale yet, but I could be wrong.

#4857 humidore

humidore

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Anyone try Let’s Fish! Hooked On yet?

I'm interested too...

#4858 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

It was on sale, got it 7/08/12 for $2.49 (coldstrike).

Renegade Ops (now $10.49, original price $14.99)
Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Renegade Ops: Vehicle Pack (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-246/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4859 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just started Ninja Gaiden. Good graphics. Gonna have to really practice climbing.

I like how you can touch the screen then use the right analog stick or motion control(holding your Vita up, down, left, right) to look around from where you're standing. Haven't found any other touchscreen functions, yet.

The touch controls are indeed very fun and well executed. Using your bow and arrow, you can touch the screen to enter first person mode and then it'll shoot an arrow to wherever you touch on the screen. No need to aim a reticle w/ the right stick.

Also, using Ninpo attacks utilize the rear touch to tap kanji on the screen in order to cast higher potency versions. iirc, on the ps360, you had to hold the ninpo buttons in order to charge it up.

So far, I think it's a great port...the graphics look just about spot on to the ps3 version. Unfortunately, i think the camera feels way more erratic than the console version and running feels way more slidey, like on ice, than on the console. It has been a while so maybe I just can't remember.

I had forgotten how relentless this game was. I don't even consider it "hard"...I think it's just flat cheap with all of the off-screen antics while you're fighting other enemies.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#4860 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hmm...probably not the right place to discuss this, but this R&C FFA thing is getting interesting. Websites are now reporting the Vita version has been canceled, which doesn't really make sense. But Insomniac issued a message saying that they basically can't say anything about it, per Sony. I didn't know this, but Insomniac was not porting it over to the Vita, and has no interest to ever develop for the Vita. The developer is a company called Tin Giant, which apparently has no discernible footprint on the internet.

Hopefully this game surfaces and is playable. It's definitely the reason I bought R&C FFA.

EDIT: After doing some internet sleuthing, it looks like Tin Giant probably at least exists, and probably have something to do with the Idol Minds, the developer who ported the R&C HD Collection. Yes, I'm bored.

Edited by tylerh1701, 30 January 2013 - 04:55 PM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts