Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4981 boom!

boom!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

stupid question but what are you guys putting for "code postal" when signing up online for free ps+ the zip codes i'm putting in doesn't work

#4982 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

i bought and played through sleeping dogs this week. wish i would have seen this and waited. lol. i keep doing things early i.e. redeeming year of ps+ 2 days before 3 free months. doh. i gotta slow things down.

free 3 months?
I just tried Motorstorm Apocalypse.. kinda liking it.. now i'm not sure if i want to sell my copy that came with the 3D TV :/ (wanted to sell to recover some of the cost)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#4983 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

the buy/redeem a year of ps+ and you get 3 free months. started jan 28th. i redeemed a year from instant game collection ps3 i got to replace my broken blu ray drived ps3 on the 26th. oh wellz but out 3 free months cuz 2 days early. now im only gonna be ps+ til july 2016. lol.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#4984 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

They can be played on any account on your system.

not to keep the subject going, but if your euro ps plus expires, but your us plus is still going, do you still have access to those euro games? i dont really know if it would be worth it to be paying for both at the same time. though europe does get quite a few different games, alot of them are the same as US.

#4985 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nope.

Since there was no blog will there still be a Plus Update? Or are they handled by a different group of people? I know the store will be updated but I'm curious if the blog site will update us before the store.

#4986 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I forget, do we find out what PS+ gets today or tomorrow?

edit: ah, i see you gents are in the middle of discussing it

#4987 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Since there was no blog will there still be a Plus Update? Or are they handled by a different group of people? I know the store will be updated but I'm curious if the blog site will update us before the store.

There'd be no reason that there wouldn't be a PS+ update today. The two are mutually exclusive. I'm sure the only reason there wasn't a blogcast this week is because the guys couldn't make their schedules work.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#4988 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

PS+ Update:

- Guardians of Middle Earth is free
- Karateka is 1/2 off
- Big Sky Infinity & Knytt Underground are 40% off, both are Cross Buy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4989 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Guadians of Middle Earth Free for PS+ :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4990 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Not sure but didn't Guardians of Middle Earth come out not too long ago?

#4991 Pravado

Pravado

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

It's not that hard. Just create a new user on your PS3 and sign up for a new PSN account. Select United Kingdom as the country and fill out the rest accordingly. If you want to use a real UK address, just use the address for one of Google's UK headquarters.

Sweet. Got a few more free games and will get sleeping dogs this week too! Gonna grab one more of those codes so I can get march stuff free, and will make another account for that stuff on march 4th or w/e a month from today is. Noticed a few games I don't recall seeing on the US ps store such as tomba 2.

#4992 Pravado

Pravado

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

oh wow, weak. that guardians game i just got from the UK store is going to be US free this week... damn. It's not a very good game from what I hear anyway :(

#4993 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Well looks like the doubts of ppl saying that knytt underground and big sky infinity being free for US PS+ have been cleared its only a discount but it's better than nothing.

#4994 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

kickass, more EU equality. Plus decent discounts on a couple cross buy titles and a game I've never heard of.

#4995 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Nice. Had a feeling we'd get the LOTR game. It's gonna be extremely hard for me to pass on Knytt Underground as well, even though I don't like to pay that much for digital games. Back to back weeks of games that I don't have is awesome too!

Wow, early update.

#4996 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Kinda a crappy week. :( The MOBA genre is not really my thing and if it were I would play the better Dota2, which I got for free. On top of that Kyntt's discount isn't big enough to jump on it and also rules it out for a PS+ free game for awhile. Well, hopefully next week isn't a let down...

#4997 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

I will buy Knytt. Sounds like a fun + challenging adventure game.

Guardians will not even make it to my DL list.

#4998 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

For anyone wondering about Knytt Underground, try out The Great Work. It's a recently released freeware game by Nifflas which was apparently the original incarnation of what grew (and grew, and grew) into Knytt Underground. Should give you an idea of what to expect in terms of aesthetics and gameplay and help you decide.

I had only ever played the original Knytt, and found it very slow and somewhat tedious, but based on this one I think I'll probably give Underground a go.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#4999 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

^Thanks. Just based on the Tutorial of that game, I think I'll like it.

#5000 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Awesome, glad we get the LOTR game too. Good update. :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5001 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Call me crazy, but I would have preferred Karateka for free and LOTR given the discount as I don't really want it, not into MOBA.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#5002 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Karateka looks kinda cool. Is it worth the purchase?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5003 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Friendly reminder that the things leaving tomorrow are the IGC NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and the discounts on Madden NFL 13 PS3 & Vita, escapeVektor and Section 8: Prejudice.

#5004 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

not to keep the subject going, but if your euro ps plus expires, but your us plus is still going, do you still have access to those euro games? i dont really know if it would be worth it to be paying for both at the same time. though europe does get quite a few different games, alot of them are the same as US.

Two separate accounts so if plus expires lose those titles. EU gets way better games so I'm sticking with them. Their subscription is cheaper too.

#5005 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

I just realized Guardians of Middle Earth is the PS3 free game for Feb (I thought this was the PSN free title for this month). Am I wrong?
Posted Image

#5006 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Karateka looks kinda cool. Is it worth the purchase?

There's a demo you can download on PSN.
-----------

#5007 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I just realized Guardians of Middle Earth is the PS3 free game for Feb (I thought this was the PSN free title for this month). Am I wrong?

The pattern is typically a PSN game the first week of the month (last month was NBA Jam On Fire Edition) and a "full" PS3 game in week 2 (last month was Darksiders). Then other detritus the remainder of the month (last month was Foosball) and then a Vita game (last month was NGS+) sometimes more bonus stuff in the month too.
-----------

#5008 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

It seems like they really don't make distinctions like "free PS3 game" and "free PSN game" for the month anymore, and haven't for the last few months (did they ever?). It's mostly just the commenters who try to classify things like this.

In December we got Bioshock 2 on Dec. 3 and then SSFIV:AE on Dec. 10. In January we got NBA Jam: OFE and Chronovolt on the Jan 1 (techinically Dec. 31), MegaMan on Jan. 8, then Darksiders on Jan. 15.

The time of the month (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th update) doesn't seem to have any bearing on whether we get a full game or PSN game here in the US.

#5009 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

The pattern is typically a PSN game the first week of the month (last month was NBA Jam On Fire Edition) and a "full" PS3 game in week 2 (last month was Darksiders). Then other detritus the remainder of the month (last month was Foosball) and then a Vita game (last month was NGS+) sometimes more bonus stuff in the month too.

When you spell out the freebie release schedule like this, it seems so crazy that people complain about the value of PS Plus.

#5010 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Has anyone seen/heard any actual reviews of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? I'm surprised and somewhat concerned that a game of such seemingly high profile has such a late embargo time and date for reviews.