Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#5011 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Has anyone seen/heard any actual reviews of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? I'm surprised and somewhat concerned that a game of such seemingly high profile has such a late embargo time and date for reviews.

I'm surprised as well. Still excited for it, though.

#5012 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

That is awesome we got the lotr game for free. Guess ill wait a few more weeks to do that euro ps+ cuz guardians was the only game i wanted to try out. This fits their model tho of giving dlc heavy games for free. This was 15 to buy, 15 for season pass dlc, right? I loved awesomenauts so this should be fun too. Still thinking bout those discounted games tho. Peace all and Thanks

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5013 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

The game is MOBA? How do you play MOBA on a console?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5014 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

The game is MOBA? How do you play MOBA on a console?

With the controller?
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#5015 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Has anyone seen/heard any actual reviews of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? I'm surprised and somewhat concerned that a game of such seemingly high profile has such a late embargo time and date for reviews.

It's the norm nowadays. Still it's pretty annoying. Nothing for Dead Space 3 yet either which also releases tomorrow. Just means I won't be buying either of them new.

#5016 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Reviews for Big Sky Infinity make it sound like its worth $6. Discounted PSN games have been the only thing keeping my Vita in use these days, which isn't a complaint exactly because there have been some quality releases (esp with PS+ discounts). Can anyone vouch for it?

#5017 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Glad to see we're getting lotr for free. I almost picked it up last week for my Xbox, happy I didn't now.

#5018 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

It's the norm nowadays. Still it's pretty annoying. Nothing for Dead Space 3 yet either which also releases tomorrow. Just means I won't be buying either of them new.

There are a few Dead Space 3 reviews floating around at least such as:
http://www.ausgamers...space-3/review/ and
http://multiplayer.i...gli-incubi.html (warning, in Italian)
that give some positive vibes. Sly reviews are just as absent as Ratchet and Clank Vita so far... (zing!)

#5019 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Perfect sort of game for a PS Plus freebie : interesting enough to be excited to try once it's free, but not enough for me to have already bought it.
And new enough to have not gone on sale anywhere yet.

decker%2001.jpg

#5020 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

It seems as though embargos tend to get lifted early when there are really good reviews. I'm sure the publisher likes to do that to drum up more interest since there would be little downside. This has me thinking that Sly and Dead Space may review ok, but not great.

Some of the passive mentions in different podcasts seems to be positive for both games, though - especially Sly.

#5021 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

the buy/redeem a year of ps+ and you get 3 free months. started jan 28th. i redeemed a year from instant game collection ps3 i got to replace my broken blu ray drived ps3 on the 26th. oh wellz but out 3 free months cuz 2 days early. now im only gonna be ps+ til july 2016. lol.

Ha, I didn't realize that and just activated a year (TY Target price mistake! ;)) to upload some saves a few days ago. Sure enough, extra three months tacked on. Pays to procrastinate.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5022 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Weird, I've never even heard of Karateka. When did it release? I'm indifferent on the LOTR game being free. I probably won't play it for a while and I'd rather play a MOBA on PC anyway, but it's something new so I'm not going to complain.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5023 rpg

rpg

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Weird, I've never even heard of Karateka. When did it release?

Released on Dec 18 2012

https://store.sonyen...ARATEKAGAME0000

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5024 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

With the controller?

Posted Image

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5025 Crusher09

Crusher09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

It seems like they really don't make distinctions like "free PS3 game" and "free PSN game" for the month anymore, and haven't for the last few months (did they ever?). It's mostly just the commenters who try to classify things like this.

In December we got Bioshock 2 on Dec. 3 and then SSFIV:AE on Dec. 10. In January we got NBA Jam: OFE and Chronovolt on the Jan 1 (techinically Dec. 31), MegaMan on Jan. 8, then Darksiders on Jan. 15.

The time of the month (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th update) doesn't seem to have any bearing on whether we get a full game or PSN game here in the US.

It's generally 1 game/week for 5 weeks. 3 PS3 games go first, followed by 2 PSV games at the end of the month. 4-week months have 2 games for one of the weeks. Also, some months we have an extra game or two.

#5026 Crusher09

Crusher09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

That is awesome we got the lotr game for free. Guess ill wait a few more weeks to do that euro ps+ cuz guardians was the only game i wanted to try out. This fits their model tho of giving dlc heavy games for free. This was 15 to buy, 15 for season pass dlc, right? I loved awesomenauts so this should be fun too. Still thinking bout those discounted games tho. Peace all and Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the free trials expire in the first week of March. If you have 2 or more codes, it's a good idea to use one of them now.

#5027 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

How does one update the expiration date on their PS+ games without re-downloading every game they have?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5028 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

How does one update the expiration date on their PS+ games without re-downloading every game they have?

It should update automatically. I think mine took a few days to update last time I extended my subscription.

#5029 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well this is Nice. Dark Souls DLC on sale for 50% off.

http://blog.us.plays...rting-tomorrow/

PlayStation 3
RIDGE RACER 7: 3D License Version – $9.99
NAMCO MUSEUM ESSENTIALS – $4.99
NOBY NOBY BOY – $2.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS – $24.99
PlayStation Vita
RIDGE RACER – $12.49
TOUCH MY KATAMARI – $12.49
PSP
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny – $19.99
TEKKEN 6 – $19.99
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja Impact – $19.99
DLC
ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON DLC – prices vary from $1.99 to $7.49
Dark Souls: Atorias of the Abyss – $7.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS DLC Pack – $7.49
Posted Image

#5030 Crusher09

Crusher09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

PSP
TEKKEN 6 – $19.99

What are Namco and Sony smoking? Why aren't those regular prices?

#5031 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

to those waiting to activate the free month of eu ps+, can't you just use the link to get multiple codes, activate it now, download the games and play them on your regular acct, then when the ps+ expires the next month, just make another acct and put the code on it and do the same thing?

#5032 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

:rofl: it's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer :rofl:

noby noby boy? I've always wondered WTF that was about.

Ni no kuni not included in that sale????? :-({|=

#5033 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Is Ridge Racer Vita as bad as its reputation? At $12.49 it's at least approaching the 'I've owned one on every Sony system' nostalgia point for me.

I'd also recommend Touch My Katamari at that price point to anyone who is a fan of the series or who has never played a Katamari Damacy game before. If you've soured on the series or feel it's too iterative, this one sure won't change your opinion though.

#5034 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well this is Nice. Dark Souls DLC on sale for 50% off.

http://blog.us.plays...rting-tomorrow/

PlayStation 3
RIDGE RACER 7: 3D License Version – $9.99
NAMCO MUSEUM ESSENTIALS – $4.99
NOBY NOBY BOY – $2.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS – $24.99
PlayStation Vita
RIDGE RACER – $12.49
TOUCH MY KATAMARI – $12.49
PSP
TEKKEN 6 – $19.99
DLC
ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON DLC – prices vary from $1.99 to $7.49
Dark Souls: Atorias of the Abyss – $7.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS DLC Pack – $7.49

Time to grab Atorias of the Abyss. Praise the Sun for this sale!!!
Posted Image

#5035 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

It seems as though embargos tend to get lifted early when there are really good reviews. I'm sure the publisher likes to do that to drum up more interest since there would be little downside. This has me thinking that Sly and Dead Space may review ok, but not great.

Some of the passive mentions in different podcasts seems to be positive for both games, though - especially Sly.

Borderlands 2 kept it's embargo until release day. Several other highly rated games have too. I think it's more to do with concerns about outliers trashing on your game before all the positive reviews can bury them. (which is my #1 problem with smaller review sites)

#5036 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

FINALLY, Noby Noby Boy is on sale. Been waiting to get it for quite some time. Might get Namco Museum Essentials as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5037 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

So, my g/f just bought the Dark Souls DLC on saturday. Is there anyway to get a refund since its on sale tuesday?

#5038 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

What are Namco and Sony smoking? Why aren't those regular prices?

I actually feel like those are Still too expensive to be regular price! These are freakin old PSP games that should be on sale for $5 just to rope in those last few people who may have missed them. However, looking over the complete list has made me realize why I'd never had a problem with Namco before... I don't even think I'd impulse buy a single game on that list (besides Katamari for $5) regardless of price.

#5039 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

So, my g/f just bought the Dark Souls DLC on saturday. Is there anyway to get a refund since its on sale tuesday?

No. They won't even refund you if you're an hour early. Just how businesses work, I don't blame them personally.

#5040 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I actually feel like those are Still too expensive to be regular price! These are freakin old PSP games that should be on sale for $5 just to rope in those last few people who may have missed them. However, looking over the complete list has made me realize why I'd never had a problem with Namco before... I don't even think I'd impulse buy a single game on that list (besides Katamari for $5) regardless of price.

Yeah, if PSP games were cheaper or went on sale more often, it would be a way greater incentive for Vita owners. Since PSP was a distant 2nd against the original DS, I'm sure a lot of people never owned one and missed out on some games. That, and I'm sure the UMDs are super cheap these days, not to mention the way piracy was so rampant on the PSP. If older PSP gamds hovered in the $10-15 range, there are quite a few that would have already been impulse buys.