Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5191 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Was all excited for the Final Fantasy sale then quickly realized it's not live yet. Which the heck dissidia do we want? And I am guessing all the PS1 games are straight ports, crappy graphics and all?

Duodecim contains the original Dissidia's campaign as an unlockable after you finish the game, so get that one. PSOne versions are ports with some minor updates, but I don't remember what they all are. I think each has an opening and ending movie that was added, and some include updated translations. (assuming you meant 1-6, 7-9 are the same as ever)

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5192 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

well, screw best/worst, none of these games are so bad as to not be worth $5-$10. Even FFV+VI for PS1. They may not be the best versions of the games, but they're still FFV and FFVI

#5193 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

well, screw best/worst, none of these games are so bad as to not be worth $5-$10. Even FFV+VI for PS1. They may not be the best versions of the games, but they're still FFV and FFVI

This is a wise man. 100% agreed. I'm only in for FFVI to further clog my overstuffed Vita and prodigious backlog; the only reason it isn't more games is because I already own most of them in PSN form...

#5194 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

FYI, Jetpack Joyride (free version) was quietly patched to include button support. It feels more precise pushing a button than touching the screen, I like it a lot.

Thanks! Gonna try that out later!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#5195 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

When is this supposed to go live?

#5196 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

We all know what the REALLY best Final Fantasy game is.

.....it's X-2, right? (though in all honestly, I'd buy it as a PS2 Classic just to replay it & finish it). I kid, but in all seriousness, to each their own.

But like Graff said, get Duodecim over the original. It has the original game/story & adds a TON of new content and gameplay changes, similar to something like Super Street Fighter 2 or 4. You won't really miss out on anything if you don't play the original aside from the downgrade in how the Story Mode map & such was done.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5197 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I thought the Lord of the Rings MOBA was supposed to be free starting today, but it's not on the PS Plus free games list

#5198 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I thought the Lord of the Rings MOBA was supposed to be free starting today, but it's not on the PS Plus free games list

The update isnt live yet.

#5199 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

whoa, hey, i was just making a joke about DD refunds! This happens to all of us-- anyone who has ever bought something full price from a DD service runs this risk.

I bought Persona 3 Portable for $40 a week before it dropped to $20.

I know you were joking about giving him a refund. I know you won't be sending a random CAG any money. Just saying they would have better luck getting something from you which would be ZERO. We all have gotten screwed over DD but its what we get when jump the gun.

Sucks to hear about paying $40 for P3P then seeing a drop but you realize its all part of the system.

People will always :cry: about this so I've gotten used to it. Very RARELY will SONY refund a purchase.

BumslieOG.png

#5200 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Should I sell my sealed Greatest Hits PS1 version of Final Fantasy IX and buy the PSN version instead? How about my mint black-label copies of FF Anthology and FF Origins?

I don't have a PSP or a PS Vita, so I'd be playing them on the PS3 only.

I also have FF V and VI sealed on the GBA, and I've heard those versions are superior, so I'd probably play those instead of Anthology anyway.

#5201 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Bummer that FF V isn't Vita-compatible, but I'll likely pick up all the others and [duodecim].
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5202 Darigon

Darigon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

when is it gonna go live?!

#5203 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

when is it gonna go live?!

Just wait for the damn update people. They rarely update this early. Check back in 4-6 hours.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5204 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

We all know what the REALLY best Final Fantasy game is.

.....it's X-2, right? (though in all honestly, I'd buy it as a PS2 Classic just to replay it & finish it). I kid, but in all seriousness, to each their own.

I liked x-2. It had a fun combat system and lots to do.

#5205 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just wait for the damn update people. They rarely update this early. Check back in 4-6 hours.

The worst part is that the answer to that question is right near the top of the OP in big red letters.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5206 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Should I sell my sealed Greatest Hits PS1 version of Final Fantasy IX and buy the PSN version instead? How about my mint black-label copies of FF Anthology and FF Origins?

I also have FF V and VI sealed on the GBA, and I've heard those versions are superior, so I'd probably play those instead of Anthology anyway.

Been wondering this myself. Then I remember that the copies that I own are in fact the copies I purchased on release day and was super excited to own way back when and then I get all nostalgic.

I may just go for FFIV Complete, and Dissidia already owning II and III for SNES, Origins, Anthology, and 7-9 on PS1, Tactics on PS1 and PS+, etc.
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#5207 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

sly cooper 4

post #34
16.5 GBs for the PS3 version.
3.5 GBs for the Vita version.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-810411

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5208 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Been wondering this myself. Then I remember that the copies that I own are in fact the copies I purchased on release day and was super excited to own way back when and then I get all nostalgic.

I may just go for FFIV Complete, and Dissidia already owning II and III for SNES, Origins, Anthology, and 7-9 on PS1, Tactics on PS1 and PS+, etc.

I too have them all on disc still (except 7... Loaned it out and a disc went missing.) But I will still be buying them again because at this price my vita will love them too.

#5209 Talorin

Talorin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

The inevitables of life.

Taxes, death, and every week people asking when the update is gonna happen.

#5210 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

So I want to get two FF games for my Vita. Is VI and IX a good choice?

#5211 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Star Wars Zen Pinball post is back up now.

http://www.starwarspinball.com/

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#5212 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

So I want to get two FF games for my Vita. Is VI and IX a good choice?

Definitely! My favorites are VI, VII, and IX in that order.

#5213 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

For $5 each, buy the digital ones and keep your sealed disc copies!

The GBA ports are superior to the PSX ports, at least to me they are. The PSX port of V has Faris speaking in this horrible pirate dialect the whole game, which was toned down immensely in the GBA game. The GBA ports were also somewhat optimized for the platform (slight widescreen) and some bonus content.

#5214 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Definitely! My favorites are VI, VII, and IX in that order.

^^ This. In that order. Anyone that says otherwise was not around when these released (which is ok ;) )

#5215 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

^^ This. In that order. Anyone that says otherwise was not around when these released (which is ok ;) )

I was around when they were released and I say otherwise ;).

VI is great though, easily my second favorite behind IV. I still fight the urge to call them 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 6 though. I'm probably one of three people that didn't like IX. I really should have, good nostalgia (maybe too much), nice skill system...I just didn't like the characters (except Vivi and Steiner, they were cool) or story. I'll probably try it again to see if my opinion changed, as it was somewhat colored by the piece of shit strategy guide that came out with it.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #1   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#5216 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

One Piece for $25 is very tempting. Does anyone here own it?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5217 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

haha is this the psn update thread or the personal opinion on which ff is best/worst thread. lol
also sephiroth and magus rock. krelian too. i already got all ff's last year sale. woot tho.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5218 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

The worst part is that the answer to that question is right near the top of the OP in big red letters.

It's a proven fact that I'm the only person that reads the OP.

Some news for today:

http://blog.us.plays...ault-next-week/

Alien Breed is out next week for PS3 and Vita for $9.99 for PSN people and $7.99 for PS+ members. It supports Cross Buy, Cross Play, and Cross Saves.

http://blog.us.plays...ay-for-ps-vita/

PlayStation Home Arcade is out today for Vita as a portal for a number of arcade games from Home with these games being offered today:

Asteroids - $1.49
Astrosmash Gen2 - $1.49
Centipede - $1.49
Frogger - $1.49
Icebreaker - Free
Mad Blocker - $1.49
Scribble Shooter - $1.49 w/Demo
Shark! Shark! Gen2 - $1.49
Time Pilot - $1.49
WipEout 2D - Free

If you own any of them in Home, they're free on Vita.

http://blog.us.plays...able-out-today/

The Twilight Zone table is out today for Pinball Arcade and Kickstarter people will get their code tomorrow. They say in the comments that they're looking to do some PS+ discounts in the future.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5219 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

I just want the final fantasy sale to go live already. The waiting game sucks.

#5220 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I just want the final fantasy sale to go live already. The waiting game sucks.

It's not really a waiting game though. Sony typically does their updates around the same general time each week. It's not completely static, but if you're sitting there waiting for the sale to go live all day, you're doing it wrong.

453605.png
TheTsel.png