Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5281 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

It looks like they finally fixed the store so that you don't have to go through the entire checkout process for the free games.

#5282 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

should I get Dissidia 2 or the FF games..
(the best is actually all.. but ><)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5283 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hmm, that Dark Souls DLC isn't going to get any cheaper, is it? I still haven't started Demon's Souls, but I'll go ahead and buy this DLC if it's unlikely to go for any less in the future.

#5284 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Weird. I swore I haven't seen it there until tonight since I got PS+ a week and a half ago. As you were.

Actually, it was accidentally pulled from the free section last week. They added it back in this week.

That's why you didn't see it last week.

#5285 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm 99% sure that disputing with your credit card company gets your account banned.

Which is complete BS considering the complaints I hear about Sony's customer service.

#5286 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I think we should have somthing similar next week

Spoiler

#5287 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Actually, it was accidentally pulled from the free section last week. They added it back in this week.

That's why you didn't see it last week.

Gotcha. Good to know I'm not going crazytown bananapants.

Thanks!

#5288 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Oh wow, can't believe the Vita is almost 1 year old now. Hopefully, there'll be some good deals.

For those who got Bentley's Hackpack, do the trophies and save data transfer over from 1 system to another?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5289 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Wondering if I should get Dissidia since I plan to transfer it to a PSP and play with Component cables and a dualshock...

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5290 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Oh wow, can't believe the Vita is almost 1 year old now. Hopefully, there'll be some good deals.

For those who got Bentley's Hackpack, do the trophies and save data transfer over from 1 system to another?

that is for EU but let hope for the same

#5291 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I know I am in the very small minority. But if you like twin stick shooters I feel each Alien Breed for $5 is a good deal. Its very basic and mindless, but I had fun with them. And I am even considering buying the remake they are coming out with for the plus discount amount. I think its $7.99?

EDIT: Looking back a few pages I see Frisky did mention it. Remake of the original ALien Breed is $7.99 for plus members and includes cross buy with Vita. I think we should try and support cross buys as much as possible. And I dont even have a Vita!

Fuck work

Wrencrest.png

#5292 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Can someone explain what Dissidia 012 [duodecim] is? I looked at videos and screenshots and it looks like a fighter? Obviously love the jrpg, already picked up ix for the vita but was curious about this especially because it has lightning? So confused.

It's sort of like if you smashed Kingdom Hearts and Super Smash Bros. together with all Final Fantasy characters. One-on-one battles with customizeable move sets for each character (you equip abilities which are mapped to different button presses and combinations), run around and do really cool looking stuff. It's very weird, very fan-service-y, and decently fun.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5293 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I know I am in the very small minority. But if you like twin stick shooters I feel each Alien Breed for $5 is a good deal. Its very basic and mindless, but I had fun with them. And I am even considering buying the remake they are coming out with for the plus discount amount. I think its $7.99?

I picked up the trilogy on the last sale for $9.xx. Haven't got to them yet but it look like a good deal for the 3 games. I should get to them so I can see how I will feel for a Vita version. The games looked fun for twin stick shooters.

#5294 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Seeing as the Vita came out on Feb. 22nd last year in the US (well, 15th if you count those bundles), we probably won't hear of a possible 1 year anniversary sale for the Vita until next week or the week after.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5295 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

So for One Piece, if you have the UK version that means you cannot use the US DLC correct?

#5296 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

So for One Piece, if you have the UK version that means you cannot use the US DLC correct?

Correct, u need Uk dlc.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5297 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Maybe Playstation's February 20th announcement will just be a simple Vita price drop, I'm thinking $199.99? Would you be more excited that there's a Vita price drop or more disappointed that there's no PS4 announcement yet?

#5298 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hmm, that Dark Souls DLC isn't going to get any cheaper, is it? I still haven't started Demon's Souls, but I'll go ahead and buy this DLC if it's unlikely to go for any less in the future.

Unlikely, 50% is a good deal for a company that rarely does sales compared to Sega. Maybe they will match it someday.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5299 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

So which one of the older Final Fantasy is the closest to FFX in term of gameplay, story, etc? Want to get my FFX fix while waiting for the HD remake to release.

#5300 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Maybe Playstation's February 20th announcement will just be a simple Vita price drop, I'm thinking $199.99? Would you be more excited that there's a Vita price drop or more disappointed that there's no PS4 announcement yet?

Not going to get a PS4 launch and I have a huge backlog so i want the Vita drop announcement :)

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5301 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Picked up a $20 PSN code using Amazon credit and bought FFVII through FFIX. Can't beat three stellar classics on the go for $15! I just wish I had a bigger memory card than the puny 4GB that came with the Vita.

Same here. Having the 4GB memory card sucks. I just have to wait it out for either a price drop or a decent sale.

#5302 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think we should have somthing similar next week

Spoiler

I don't think I'd buy any of those games in the pic at 50% off. Maybe PS+ will get an extra discount (assuming we even get a similar promo).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5303 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

So which one of the older Final Fantasy is the closest to FFX in term of gameplay, story, etc? Want to get my FFX fix while waiting for the HD remake to release.

Basically none of them, as far as I remember. FFX was pretty unique, particularly since you could swap characters in and out.

Maybe FF8? I've always felt FFX was the game FF8 wanted to be when it grew up. But I wouldn't recommend buying it.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#5304 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I don't think I'd buy any of those games in the pic at 50% off. Maybe PS+ will get an extra discount (assuming we even get a similar promo).

Wasn't Rayman even cheaper than 50 percent off during that last sale? And the Show can be gotten for 20 bucks...plus the new one is about to come out and make it obsolete. Hot Shots Golf was just ten bucks. I would hope the US sale, if there is one, wouldn't go with those sales.

#5305 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Does anybody know the file size of Sleeping Dogs? As far as I can tell, it's not even on the PS Store in the US (which makes the chances of us getting it absolutely zero).

EDIT: I lied, maybe it is available, but only in Bundle form. This page says it's 27.5MB, but I'm gonna guess it's slightly bigger than that.

EDIT 2: Finally fucking found it, it's 7.1 GB for anyone who cares.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5306 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Wasn't Rayman even cheaper than 50 percent off during that last sale? And the Show can be gotten for 20 bucks...plus the new one is about to come out and make it obsolete. Hot Shots Golf was just ten bucks. I would hope the US sale, if there is one, wouldn't go with those sales.

Rayman had a larger discount, but the game has had a price cut since then. It was like $14.73 or something, this time it would presumably be $13.49 since it's now $26.99. Anyone who didn't get it before should have gotten it, and this is their chance to fix it. :P

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5307 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Make sure you play the demo for Bentley's Hackpack before buying, one of the games is motion-controlled and is annoying to play unless you lay the Vita flat and view it from top-down. $2.99 is not much, but nealry a gig off HD space on Vita is too costly.

#5308 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

There's a bunch more Vita games on sale in the EU. Not sure if we'll get something to their caliber, but just hoping we'll get some kind of sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5309 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Basically none of them, as far as I remember. FFX was pretty unique, particularly since you could swap characters in and out.

Maybe FF8? I've always felt FFX was the game FF8 wanted to be when it grew up. But I wouldn't recommend buying it.

I see, thanks for the reply. I guess I just go with FFIX, since a lot of people here seems to recommend it.

#5310 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

What are the chances that the sale on Dark Souls' DLC is a last ditch effort to get some digital sales before they announce the U.S. release of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?