Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5371 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

FFVI works great on Vita... it's my fav with Mog, Gau, Umaro and Gogo. LOL wonky auto team. :)
i do miss the glitches you could cause by sketching an invisible character with Relm, aka reviving General Leo etc mayhem you could do on SNES.

Ok so gonna get FF VI VII and Diss heck yeah

#5372 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

Considering the universal acclaim for FF6, it's rather shocking how little they've done with the FF6 game in terms of remakes/spin-offs and such.

I'm replaying that one now. Started playing and realized it was another one I never finished. However, I would love to see an HD remake of 6, 7, 8 or 9. (Ok maybe not 9... I'd feel really weird about that.)

#5373 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

For anyone considering selling your disc copies of FF 8 or FF 9 and getting the digitals for $5. You can get about $13 before fees for selling FF 8 and $14 for selling FF 9 (going by lowest BIN price and cross checking completed listings). There is some variation though based on black vs green label and condition. I wouldn't sell them unless you can get more $ due to those variables.

#5374 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

I am planning on getting FF7-9, are there any other ones that are worth getting?

#5375 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

I am planning on getting FF7-9, are there any other ones that are worth getting?

Final Fantasy Tactics is a great pick up at this price and if you have a Vita make sure to pick up the War of the Lions version for the extra classes and cut scenes (as well as some fixed engrish).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5376 Pasicho

Pasicho

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

For the people recommending FFVI what about the loading times? I keep on reading that it was a bad port of the original or something similar to that effect.

#5377 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

only chrono trigger had bad load times as far as i remember for the psone classics they redid.
but again, that's only if you have ever played ct on snes. otherwise it's probly hardly noticeable.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5378 dramasetter108

dramasetter108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

For the people recommending FFVI what about the loading times? I keep on reading that it was a bad port of the original or something similar to that effect.

Loading time is not extremely bad, they are slightly noticeable but nothing to cry foul..dont let that stop you from experiencing the masterpieces that is FF6

#5379 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

If they keep waiting it will be too late for SE to capitalize on FF 6 popularity.

Which FF games have you played?

actually 6, 7, 8, 9. (SNES, and then the rest on the PSX)

not sure to get Dissidia or the FF games (played Dissidia before)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5380 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Has anyone played LOTR: Guardians of Middle-earth yet? If so, is it actually playable now (without bots, preferably..), or are the servers still too empty to get into a game?

I'm curious about the same thing. I'll probably give it a go over the next few days regardless and report back. I was mildly interested in this already as a big LOTR fan but I'm not so sure about a previously-PC-only genre I have no clue how to play.

#5381 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'm curious about the same thing. I'll probably give it a go over the next few days regardless and report back. I was mildly interested in this already as a big LOTR fan but I'm not so sure about a previously-PC-only genre I have no clue how to play.

I had to download it tonight but I'll likely be playing tomorrow.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5382 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hmm, not sure what to say since you already played them. This is definitely the best deal we'll see for the FF games outside of a compilation. While on ebay you can get discs for not much more. It looks like FF 8 finally went out of print for new copies from Amazon itself. I'm hoping they do some remakes of 6-9, but realistically we'll only see one of 6 anytime soon.

#5383 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I was tearing people up on Middle Earth. Fun game.

Give me my LoL fix.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#5384 io

io

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Is LOTR: Guardians of Middle-earth an online-only thing or does it have a single player mode/campaign? I hate these online only things because I can never get into them enough to make them enjoyable. I didn't enjoy Awesomenauts all that much because of that - would have loved the ability to play it as a single-player campaign though.

#5385 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Is LOTR: Guardians of Middle-earth an online-only thing or does it have a single player mode/campaign? I hate these online only things because I can never get into them enough to make them enjoyable. I didn't enjoy Awesomenauts all that much because of that - would have loved the ability to play it as a single-player campaign though.

Online, there wasn't a campaign last time I checked.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5386 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hmm, not sure what to say since you already played them. This is definitely the best deal we'll see for the FF games outside of a compilation. While on ebay you can get discs for not much more. It looks like FF 8 finally went out of print for new copies from Amazon itself. I'm hoping they do some remakes of 6-9, but realistically we'll only see one of 6 anytime soon.

hmm. think I'll probably get the PSP releases then.
like FFIV Complete... and Dissidia 012? (is this worth it?)

still find it a pity the PSP version of Origins isn't on US PSN

btw.. can we download PSOne Classics directly to the PSP or?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#5387 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

The loading times aren't that bad, if you didn't play the SNES which had no loading times you'll likely barely notice.

#5388 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

IV Complete, V, and Tactics then. Might as well get the ones you haven't played. (unless you didn't finish VI-IX)

#5389 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

IV Complete, V, and Tactics then. Might as well get the ones you haven't played. (unless you didn't finish VI-IX)

I did! haha they wre really awesome :D

Tactics hmm. no need to get the PSOne version since I have the one from PS+ right?

#5390 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Tactics hmm. no need to get the PSOne version since I have the one from PS+ right?

Correct. The PSP version is better, featuring gorgeous cutscenes, a reworked translation (though some prefer the original due to nostalgia), and a few bonus characters. The sole disadvantage is that there's a bit of slowdown when displaying the visual effects for magic, particularly summons, but that won't bother you if you've never played it before. Also, obviously, there's the fact that WotL is only playable on PSP/Vita while the PSOne version can be played on PS3 as well.

Also as a note, FFV is currently not playable on Vita.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5391 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

The amount of DLC available for Ace Combat is utterly ridiculous.
Let's go O's!

#5392 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Correct. The PSP version is better, featuring gorgeous cutscenes, a reworked translation (though some prefer the original due to nostalgia), and a few bonus characters. The sole disadvantage is that there's a bit of slowdown when displaying the visual effects for magic, particularly summons, but that won't bother you if you've never played it before. Also, obviously, there's the fact that WotL is only playable on PSP/Vita while the PSOne version can be played on PS3 as well.

Also as a note, FFV is currently not playable on Vita.

thanks man! is there a need to get both Dissidia? I played the first on my brother's PSP before... but would be awesome to play it on Vita's beautiful screen heh

#5393 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

The amount of DLC available for Ace Combat is utterly ridiculous.

Amen.

Frisky, if you havent blocked me and see this, have you seen the news that Just Cause 3 has been pretty much confirmed to be in development? I am so fucking excited even though the game wont come out for 2 plus years!
http://www.ps3trophi...Gen-Titles.html

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#5394 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

The one from PS+ is actually WOTL.
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#5395 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

The one from PS+ is actually WOTL.

Which is just a graphically updated and translated version of the PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics.

#5396 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

You can play the training matches against AI offline.

#5397 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone played LOTR: Guardians of Middle-earth yet? If so, is it actually playable now (without bots, preferably..), or are the servers still too empty to get into a game?

Depending on who is in your game, it can get laggy. Usually if someone has a bad connection, they will get disconnected. Most 10 player matches tend to have 3 or 4 bots.

If you have some friends to play with online, I am sure it is a better experience. Anyone who wants can add me on PSN, same name as here.

Edited by spatenfloot, 07 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#5398 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

thanks man! is there a need to get both Dissidia? I played the first on my brother's PSP before... but would be awesome to play it on Vita's beautiful screen heh

No, just get 012. It includes the original game's campaign as an unlockable.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5399 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Ok so gonna get FF VI VII and Diss heck yeah

While VI gets plenty of love FFIV is still an excellent game. Well worth playing especially the newest version at this price. :)

#5400 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Amen.

Frisky, if you havent blocked me and see this, have you seen the news that Just Cause 3 has been pretty much confirmed to be in development? I am so fucking excited even though the game wont come out for 2 plus years!
http://www.ps3trophi...Gen-Titles.html

Quoted just so Frisky can see it, just in case. :)