Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5401 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

bought dark souls artorias

joaryche.png

#5402 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

To those of you that purchased R&C: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 and are still waiting on the Vita version, Sony will be giving you R&C: Deadlocked for PS3 as a free download upon release of the Vita version of Full Frontal Assault.

#5403 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

To those of you that purchased R&C: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 and are still waiting on the Vita version, Sony will be giving you R&C: Deadlocked for PS3 as a free download upon release of the Vita version of Full Frontal Assault.

Nice.

#5404 erwos

erwos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Finally, some more RPGs to play on my Vita and PSPGo.

#5405 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Playing PS1 games blown up on a big HD TV is really rough but on the vita, it looks sharp and much cleaner due to the smaller HLED screen.

If you want to play a PS1 game, I recommend playing it on the Vita rather than on the PS3.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#5406 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Capcom Arcade Cabinet arrives on PSN on Feb. 19th.

#5407 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Playing PS1 games blown up on a big HD TV is really rough but on the vita, it looks sharp and much cleaner due to the smaller HLED screen.

What's an "H" LED screen? Google doesn't seem to know either.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#5408 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Maybe I'm cheap, but $9.99 seems like too much for a pack of three 80's/90's arcade games, IMO.. especially when I've only heard of one of the three games from each pack. :O I guess $3.99 per individual game is worth it for a couple of 'em, though (Ghosts n Goblins is excellent).

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#5409 rpg

rpg

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

What's an "H" LED screen? Google doesn't seem to know either.

its OLED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gifsniper.gif

#5410 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Prolly worth putting this on the deals page (i assume anyone could just buy ratchet and clank ffa for ps3 now and have deadlocked in a few months and a vita copy for 20 bucks) deadlocked itself will at least be 9.99

#5411 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Prolly worth putting this on the deals page (i assume anyone could just buy ratchet and clank ffa for ps3 now and have deadlocked in a few months and a vita copy for 20 bucks) deadlocked itself will at least be 9.99

R&C FFA has been $13.xx on clearance at many Targets for a month or so. Not sure if there are any left now...

#5412 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Capcom blogged about the game here with all the info.

Also, the JPN trailer revealed the 2 bonus games for downloading the rest of them are
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5413 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

R&C FFA has been $13.xx on clearance at many Targets for a month or so. Not sure if there are any left now...

Actually reverted back to 19.99 a week or two ago. Some stores got a restock.

#5414 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Rayman Legends is coming to PS3, wooo!

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#5415 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Correct. The PSP version is better, featuring gorgeous cutscenes, a reworked translation (though some prefer the original due to nostalgia), and a few bonus characters. The sole disadvantage is that there's a bit of slowdown when displaying the visual effects for magic, particularly summons, but that won't bother you if you've never played it before. Also, obviously, there's the fact that WotL is only playable on PSP/Vita while the PSOne version can be played on PS3 as well.

Also as a note, FFV is currently not playable on Vita.

Is that the only one that is not playable on the Vita, sorry for being a lazy ass btw. I would love to get them all for my Vita unless you guys really don't recommend one due to bugs or stuff like that :bouncy:

#5416 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Is LOTR: Guardians of Middle-earth an online-only thing or does it have a single player mode/campaign? I hate these online only things because I can never get into them enough to make them enjoyable. I didn't enjoy Awesomenauts all that much because of that - would have loved the ability to play it as a single-player campaign though.

You can play Awesomenauts locally against bots or friends. There's just no story or specially-designed campaign though, which wouldn't really fit that kind of game.

Edit: Here's the full schedule for Capcom Arcade Cabinet, which you can get as a full bundle at the end for $29.99:

Black Tiger demo - February 19 (PSN), February 20 (XBLA) - Free

GAME PACK 1
Titles: Black Tiger, Avengers, 1943: The Battle of Midway - February 19 (PSN), February 20 (XBLA) - $4.99/400MSP

GAME PACK 2
Titles: Ghosts n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, Section Z - March 5 (PSN/XBLA) - $9.99/800MSP
Avengers - March 5 (PSN)* - $3.99
1943: The Battle of Midway - March 5 (PSN)* - $3.99

GAME PACK 3
Side Arms, Legendary Wings, Trojan - March 19 (PSN/XBLA) - $9.99/800MSP
Ghosts n Goblins - March 19 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Gun.Smoke - March 19 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Section Z - March 19 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP

GAME PACK 4
Titles: Commando, The Speed Rumbler, Exed Exes (Savage Bees) - April 2 (PSN/XBLA) - $9.99/800MSP
Side Arms - April 2 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Legendary Wings - April 2 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Trojan - April 2 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP

GAME PACK 5
Titles: 1942, SonSon, Pirate Ship Higemaru - April 16 (PSN/XBLA) - $9.99/800MSP
Commando - April 16 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
The Speed Rumbler - April 16 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Exed Exes (Savage Bees) - April 16 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
1942 - April 30 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
SonSon - April 30 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP
Pirate Ship Higemaru - April 30 (PSN/XBLA) - $3.99/320MSP

Bonus Pack (for those who have purchased all five game packs or all 15 individual titles
Titles: Two titles (names to be confirmed) - TBC - Free for those who have purchased all previously released packs or individual titles

All-in-one-pack
Titles: All 17 games - May 21 (PSN/XBLA) - $29.99/2000MSP

And more details here:

Starting February 19 until early May, a total of 15 titles from 1984-1988 will be released on a staggered schedule available to purchase digitally either as a series of packs or individually, allowing players to choose what they want to buy. By purchasing all 15 titles, either separately or together, players will gain access to two bonus games absolutely free.

Downloading an individual title or pack will also give access to the Capcom Arcade Cabinet ‘platform’ which provides additional features including DIP switch functionality, a music player, and the ability to capture and share screenshots or video. When playing in standard mode, players will be able to access DIP switch-like settings to adjust their number of lives and difficulty, including a Casual Mode which tones down the difficulty level and makes it more attainable to see the end credits. Further features include 2 player online play for certain titles; a global leaderboard; a training mode with infinite lives to hone your strategy and an option to select either the Japanese or international versions of the individual titles.

In order to share their experiences with friends, PlayStation 3 users will be able to capture video of gameplay to post on YouTube, while Xbox 360 users will be able to upload screenshots to Facebook. Further additions include a sound gallery that allows players to listen to the background music of any of the games in their cabinet, and an art gallery which fills with new pieces as players progress through the games.

Game Pack 1 and the first individual title, Black Tiger, will be available on February 19. Xbox 360 owners will be able to play through the game with a single credit before restarting. On the PlayStation 3, players will have unlimited credits effectively giving them the full game for free.

btw.. can we download PSOne Classics directly to the PSP or?

Yeah.

Amen.

Frisky, if you havent blocked me and see this, have you seen the news that Just Cause 3 has been pretty much confirmed to be in development? I am so fucking excited even though the game wont come out for 2 plus years!
http://www.ps3trophi...Gen-Titles.html

I don't know why you'd think that I have you on my ignore list.

It's been pretty much confirmed for a while now that they've been working on Just Cause 3 and that it wasn't announced at E3 2012 told me that it was a next-gen game.

http://www.avalanche...os.se/eng/news/ The May 2012 news item talks about a ground-breaking open world game being made for Square Enix.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 07 February 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#5417 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

The Capcom Arcade Cabinet is EXACTLY the sort of thing that SHOULD be available on Vita...

#5418 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I don't know why you'd think that I have you on my ignore list.

It's been pretty much confirmed for a while now that they've been working on Just Cause 3 and that it wasn't announced at E3 2012 told me that it was a next-gen game.

http://www.avalanche...os.se/eng/news/ The May 2012 news item talks about a ground-breaking open world game being made for Square Enix.

Long day/week at work, I was just messing around. I figured you would be more in the know than I am as well. Thanks for the info.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#5419 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm hoping they at least integrate vita control into the PS3 port.. The way the wii u pad is used with that game is slick. A separate vita port would be nice, too, but I won't be greedy. :bouncy:

#5420 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hrm, isn't Ratchet Deadlocked the old PS2 shooter/multiplayer game that strays from normal R&C?

#5421 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

its OLED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

Yep, brain fart there.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#5422 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Is that the only one that is not playable on the Vita, sorry for being a lazy ass btw. I would love to get them all for my Vita unless you guys really don't recommend one due to bugs or stuff like that :bouncy:

Yep, V is the only one not playable on Vita.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5423 io

io

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

You can play Awesomenauts locally against bots or friends. There's just no story or specially-designed campaign though, which wouldn't really fit that kind of game.

I disagree - just have a series of battles with ever-increasing AI ability. I prefer that to having to jump into an online game as a newbie with power players all over the place. Sure glad as hell I didn't pay for either of these (Awesomenauts or Guardians). The only multiplayer I've enjoyed this generation has been Mass Effect 3 (because it is coop and not vs).

#5424 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I disagree - just have a series of battles with ever-increasing AI ability. I prefer that to having to jump into an online game as a newbie with power players all over the place. Sure glad as hell I didn't pay for either of these (Awesomenauts or Guardians). The only multiplayer I've enjoyed this generation has been Mass Effect 3 (because it is coop and not vs).

With these games, everyone starts from the beginning (level 0) with every new game. The only thing people will know before you do is what upgrades are preferable over others. If that's too much for you because you're unwilling to learn how to play the game, then yeah, stay away from multiplayer.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#5425 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

The Capcom Arcade Cabinet is EXACTLY the sort of thing that SHOULD be available on Vita...

There already are more complete Capcom arcade collections for download on the PSP. i think they're $10 each? I remember I nabbed both two years ago for $5 each, and I'm glad I did.

#5426 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Awesome! That $14 purchase at Target just got even better! :)

Wow, the news just keeps getting better! It was foolish to make Rayman Legends an exclusive in the first place, unless Nintendo paid Ubi a boatload of money.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5427 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm hoping they at least integrate vita control into the PS3 port.. The way the wii u pad is used with that game is slick. A separate vita port would be nice, too, but I won't be greedy. :bouncy:

Oh man I am totally hoping we get a port for the Vita, Rayman is such a great game on the go

#5428 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I grabbed FF VIII, IX, and IV complete. Pretty pleased with it, since I just finished Persona 4 Golden.

#5429 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

You don't have to play online with Awesomenauts. Just start up a match with bots.

#5430 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Is there any difference between the PSN "Ridge Racer 7: 3D License Version" and the normal disc game? (I haven't tried this but isn't the patch that gave it 3D free?)